Page 128 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 15079

Honestly if i was trying to respect Boseman. i would use the multiverse of madness and either destory/merge the multiverse or just somehow have a young Tchalla from a destroyed multi verse enter and i would make him younger than shuri but still king. That way the parallels if any would be very few as it would be two characters in two different periods of their history. Then we can do a world of wakanda type movie seeing the wonder this young tchalla has discovering the wakanda of 616.

Or the merge aspect, a multiverse is destoryed in anything or anyone without an exisiting duplicate gets merged into the main universe but then you may have to alter history, so that probably wouldn't be the easier way.

And the character would be honoring the previous tchalla by trying to live up to his legacy
    Last edited by jwatson; 02-16-2021 at 04:52 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Sorry but I don't want some American to be King of Wakanda or to be BP, regardless of his Wakandan heritage.The mantle of both King and BP should be Wakandan born and raised. That being said, set BP2 during the 5 year blip or yank multiverse T'Challa from somewhere. As for the D+ show, just set it in the past. Let's see what was going down in Wakanda as far back as the 18th/19th Century or something.
    I agree with this. I couldn't really imagine someone not born on Wakandian soil being the king of Wakanda. especially with how deep the connection to the earth itself is always played up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    A Marvel 2099 Black Panther would be great, as I don't think we've really had a great or even satisfactory take on a future Black Panther in a future Marvel Universe as of yet. The less said about how Marvel Knights 2099 did its version of Black Panther, the better.
    The Hudlin Black to the futures was best possible outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly if i was trying to respect Boseman. i would use the multiverse of madness and either destory/merge the multiverse or just somehow have a young Tchalla from a destroyed multi verse enter and i would make him younger than shuri but still king. That way the parallels if any would be very few as it would be two characters in two different periods of their history. Then we can do a world of wakanda type movie seeing the wonder this young tchalla has discovering the wakanda of 616.

Or the merge aspect, a multiverse is destoryed in anything or anyone without an exisiting duplicate gets merged into the main universe but then you may have to alter history, so that probably wouldn't be the easier way.

And the character would be honoring the previous tchalla by trying to live up to his legacy
    I really like this idea! Though personally I’d probably make the new T’Challa you came up with around the same age or a year or two older than Shuri rather than make him younger.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It still not my T'challa though. If they are gonna use a T'challa, just recast THE T'challa. All this other stuff is cool "what if" type stories though.

Anyway

Went to the comic shop for the first time in... at least 3 years to grab floppy copy of KIB. This is literally, 100%, the only floppy in my physical collection. I am a trade/complete collection only guy.

So, thanks Geoffrey.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agreed on the experimentation. If it's not t'challa then it's not black panther. Making up new characters or trying to push the support characters won't get this franchise to the level that most of us fans and long time readers know that it can reach. Which is the same type of Pop Culture dominance that Batman Superman and Spider-Man have enjoyed 4 so long.

If the characters are interchangeable the none of them are really worth focusing on whether they're all black or not. Which is probably why all these white guys on social media are so excited about the prospect of a new character taking his place. Didn't see any of them buying Shuri comics though.

All that said, if we lived in a world where Marvel cared about the character to give him a type of push he needs for that to happen then I'd be so gung-ho about all of his side characters branching out and blossoming. That's how you get things like video games and cartoons and merchandise made. I don't think anybody looking to make a video game about a brand new black panther or about killmonger or about Tech genius Shuri. Just short-term games at the expense of long-term growth and now we're sitting in a tiny little diversity box that Disney can't tout. Wakanda wont be the place getting the final victorious over the Big Bads in MCU avenger movies. But t'challa might have been seeing as he outsold all their other solo Heroes and as much as I love Bozeman and think that he's a hero within his own right, kids still dress up as the characters not the actors

Side note
    I actually ran to the shop today in snow and negative degrees to pick up my physical copy and it was very worth it.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-16-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Honestly if i was trying to respect Boseman. i would use the multiverse of madness and either destory/merge the multiverse or just somehow have a young Tchalla from a destroyed multi verse enter and i would make him younger than shuri but still king.
    I'm pretty sure destroying universes won't be required. =)

How would I do it? Well, if they don't want to recast or use an existing character like Shuri or M'Baku...

Something like this:

Erik Stevens wasn't the only son of N'Jobu. The younger, more studious offspring was away when he died, and was later adopted by a policeman named Jonathan Peyton "Black Jack" Cole.

(Yeah, it's not perfect, but it'd give us the opportunity to have our Kasper and eat it too. )

God forbid this happen to her but what if Letitia Wright character becomes the new BP and she tragically passed away, do you bury her character as well?

Again, God forbid this happen to her and I don't wish any form of tragedy upon anyone.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-16-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    God forbid this happen to her but what if Letitia Wright character becomes the new BP and she tragically passed away, do you bury her character as well?

Again, God forbid this happen to her and I don't wish any form of tragedy against anyone.
    They might bury her character just for the anti-vaccine stuff. As we see from the Mandalorian recasting Gina today Disney isn't as adverse to the audience sticker shock of actors changing mid-role as they claim to be. A better question would be if any of Marvel's top white heroe's actors tragically passed away what they would do.

They think they can still bank with black panther even if they have to use a brand new character to do it simply because they hope black people are just going to show up and support the diversity. But what would they do with white characters like Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, or Captain America after his first movie when his reception was lukewarm same as t'challa's in the opinion of some

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/king-in-black-black-panther-review/

"T'Challa is no armchair general"..."T'Challa has Wakanda on a war footing."

I love it.
    This was an excellent review

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They might bury her character just for the anti-vaccine stuff. As we see from the Mandalorian recasting Gina today Disney isn't as adverse to the audience sticker shock of actors changing mid-role as they claim to be.
    To Wrights credit, she was smart enough to get off of social media before she dug a deeper hole for herself. At least she knew she had a hell of a lot to lose.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I'm in.

Counter-argument. Most casual MCU fans have no idea what the status-quo of the characters is. They know the basics, from earlier shows & movies, but they could care less about what happened in issue #23 of volume 7. As long as the broad strokes match up, they are fine.

Synergy usually happens the OTHER direction, which is why you get things like Thor going from a noble champion to "dude who likes to drink a lot"
    I agree with what you said fully. I just think the removal of Tchalla from wakanda is a very broad stroke.

Unfortunately, (as always in my humble opinion) the MCU failed to introduce this franchise properly when it comes to Tchalla himself. We got none of his journey to become a man.

The education as a kid. The pilgramige as a kid where he met storm (without the storm part lol). We didnt even fet to see his reaction to failing to protect his father as a kid making him the traumatic paranoia filled planner and King we saw in RedJacks King in Black issue amd historically under GOOD COMICS writers. I am by no means one of those of the movies have to match the comics types of guys but if you're introducing a character then those are things that you really can't just gloss over, hint at, or ignore completely. Everything was rushed forward due to the MCU kinda just squeezing him in and not looking back.

We saw Thor in Thor 1 BECOME the man he is (even thou2that franchise has issues)

We saw pre Ironman Tony Stark and grew with the character in just one movie.

Same with Cap and its what we always get with Batman, Spiderman, a few other icons.

We didnt meet Tchalla until he was already a man. Dont know much about him, his education, time as a boy outside of wakanda or even in it. A man grieving his fathers loss but the character was just too grown for audiences. And by grown I mean that fair portion couldn't connect with the character and found others more intriguing. Not most ofcourse but enough. Batman needs fans to know he lost his parents to crime as a boy inorder for us to connect to the guy in the batsuit. If that happens when Bruce is 30 and he inly then becomes Batman it hits quite differently.

Again in my opinion just going off the interviews and what I saw in the movie Coogler loved wakanda more than he loved the character of t'challa. He made a beautiful movie but it was at the expense of the main character....in my humble opinion ofcourse.
    Wakanda is very easy to fall in love with so i cant fault him. But like Coats, the main character isnt his cup of tea. All I know is he is definitely not the Tchalla aka Black Panther point man that flex has been talkin about for a decade or two
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-16-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It still not my T'challa though. If they are gonna use a T'challa, just recast THE T'challa. All this other stuff is cool "what if" type stories though.

Anyway

Went to the comic shop for the first time in... at least 3 years to grab floppy copy of KIB. This is literally, 100%, the only floppy in my physical collection. I am a trade/complete collection only guy.

So, thanks Geoffrey.
    That's why I keep saying, bring in multiverse T'Challa who loses T'Chaka as a child. Similar to Erik
    Could really contrast the two, they both lost their father's as children, one became filled with rage and hates the World, the other filled with guilt an becomes an Uber planner so that he doesn't lose people close to him. This T'Challa is more comic accurate, and then have him meet Shuri, and co, he is young but way more experienced as a king because he was forced to grow up fast. Allows the romance between T'Challa and Nakia, abd allows his stories to be seen on the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's why I keep saying, bring in multiverse T'Challa who loses T'Chaka as a child. Similar to Erik
    Could really contrast the two, they both lost their father's as children, one became filled with rage and hates the World, the other filled with guilt an becomes an Uber planner so that he doesn't lose people close to him. This T'Challa is more comic accurate, and then have him meet Shuri, and co, he is young but way more experienced as a king because he was forced to grow up fast. Allows the romance between T'Challa and Nakia, abd allows his stories to be seen on the big screen
    Wow that actually works perfectly (although im not on team Nakia)
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-16-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I still hate it.

It is too forced. Why would our Wakanda accept some random other T'challa who didn't grow up in this timeline? Bast herself would have to come in front of hte people and go "yep, thats my dude" for them to accept it.

Nakia just gonna bang anyone that has the name T'challa lol?

If they are gonna use T'challa, they just need to recast. which they arent so, sad panda noises
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html