Page 130 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What other What If...? BP stories would you like to see on D+

I'd like to see what if Wakanda found Captain America before the Avengers? They could basically have Wakanda turn Steve into a Winter Soldier.
    This couldn't be a D+ show, it would have to be a long OGN or actual novel, but how about...

What if Wakanda revealed itself during World War 2?

The Axis pushed into Africa... and Wakanda pushed back?

So look at it this way... You have Germany and the Axis going ham in Europe, you got Japan doing evil Japan things and Pearl Harbor happens, you got USSR being big and scary, and then the USA joins the fray because they are pissed...

and then another super power reveals itself in Africa. They push the Axis out of African and then fall back to Wakanda.

So, at the end of the war... you have Germany and suh defeated, Japan nuked, and the two big guys locked in a cold war... but there is now a 3rd party involved (wakanda) that scares the **** out of them.

And now imagine one of the two gets an itchy trigger finger and decides it is going to wipe out the tiny little country in one shot... and Wakanda's tech deflects/destroys the nuke and goes "No."

Just saying, could be a fun novel lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

@MindofShadow, found a link explaining why Letitia wasn't fired in the end: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ar-gina-carano

Black Panther star Wright’s December tweets, which amplified a U.K. minister’s video that questioned the safety of the novel coronavirus vaccine and disparaged trans people, also garnered criticism, as did an August 2019 social media post from Mulan star Liu, who offered support of Hong Kong police during the government’s crackdown on pro-democracy protests. Sources say neither actress was talked to by Disney, which opted to let both matters blow over. (Wright deleted her Twitter account and Liu steered away from the subject in the months leading up to Mulan’s release).

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Recast would have been my vote, but if we're taking Kevin Feige at his word its not going to happen. He said the plan was always to expand into a more Wakanda centric storyline for the sequel so that sounds to me like they think they can pull off an ensemble. Personally even if it looks like T'challa is gone forever I think he'll be back eventually. We watched iron-man die on screen and I don't think anyone thinks he's gone for good.

But for BP2 out of all the rumors I'm leaning towards believing the Shuri and an original character share the mantle rumor. I remember Ryan saying in an interview he had a problem with signing on to a movie where some one else casts the main character and introduces them (the Russos in civil war) but then meeting Chadwick helped him get over his reservations. But it always sounded to me like he wanted to build a character from the ground up instead of inheriting one. I think he'll keep Shuri in there cause of the Shuri fans pushing for it online, plus the comic connection, but mainly because I think Shuri will be the character they use to address T'challa's absence. She'll probably be the ''heart'' of the story and be the way in which they ''honor Chadwick's legacy''. But I really think Coogler always wanted to create his own lead.
    Two things, one, Feiges comment about that always being the plan is complete bullshit. You have a Solo hero who grossed more than any solo hero, and who's film is one of 4 (and the first of Marvels movie's) to Gross 700 mil domestic, was a cultural movement, with his own comment's about how important Black Panther was to the MCU going forward... And your going to say Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa and that was always the plan? So you realize how dumb that statement sound's? People weren't gasping out loud when Wakanda got dusted, people weren't cheering for Wakanda in CW, or when Wakanda entered through the portal in endgame. That was T'Challa. His statement is retrofitting something that he was never saying before Chadwick passed so I don't buy that isht.

Second. If Coogler really believed that (I doubt it) then he should of never agreed to a Marvel movie because of course they are going to use existing characters as it's an already existing franchise. I'm sorry but that wouldn't make any sense at all

More new to comics writers for Black Panther..... from Def Jam records...but its about Storm?

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-17-2021 at 12:12 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Two things, one, Feiges comment about that always being the plan is complete bullshit. You have a Solo hero who grossed more than any solo hero, and who's film is one of 4 (and the first of Marvels movie's) to Gross 700 mil domestic, was a cultural movement, with his own comment's about how important Black Panther was to the MCU going forward... And your going to say Wakanda is bigger than T'Challa and that was always the plan? So you realize how dumb that statement sound's? People weren't gasping out loud when Wakanda got dusted, people weren't cheering for Wakanda in CW, or when Wakanda entered through the portal in endgame. That was T'Challa. His statement is retrofitting something that he was never saying before Chadwick passed so I don't buy that isht.

Second. If Coogler really believed that (I doubt it) then he should of never agreed to a Marvel movie because of course they are going to use existing characters as it's an already existing franchise. I'm sorry but that wouldn't make any sense at all
    This 100%

This new narrative of Wakanda being the draw is insincere bullshyte.

If it was Cap or Tony they would have recast and Coogler's alleged decision not to recast because he was too close to Chadwick and all this nonsense about honoring Chadwick would have meant stepping down from the project if working on this movie was too painful for him. You don't eliminate the central character of a Franchise and an IP that has DEEP cultural significance just because the director is too emotional. You either step down and maybe contribute a replacement director or you recast the role of the lead character the franchise is centred around. F*** sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    More new to comics writers for Black Panther..... from Def Jam records...but its about Storm?

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    As long as none of them are on the new ongoing then it’s a big “whatever” for me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah that’s possible. But all I have to work with is what Kevin Feige said himself. If this was never a part of the plan you would think the decision to not recast would completely derail their plans for the future. But Feiges decisions and announcements from not recasting T’challa to moving forward with minor delays, to announcing spin offs and a new deal with Ryan seem to suggest that their plans aren’t being completely derailed at all. Instead they appear to be shifting and pivoting the story but pretty much moving in the same direction they were going anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This 100%

This new narrative of Wakanda being the draw is insincere bullshyte.

If it was Cap or Tony they would have recast and Coogler's alleged decision not to recast because he was too close to Chadwick and all this nonsense about honoring Chadwick would have meant stepping down from the project if working on this movie was too painful for him. You don't eliminate the central character of a Franchise and an IP that has DEEP cultural significance just because the director is too emotional. You either step down and maybe contribute a replacement director or you recast the role of the lead character the franchise is centred around. F*** sake!
    If the rumors of a new original character being the new BP are true, expect all kinds of blowback from those of us who want Marvel to just bite the bullet and recast and of course yassss queen Twitter who want Shuri to be the Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Did we talk about Avengers Mech Strike?

spoilers:
    T'Challa almost singlehandedly took down a tech-organic hybrid dinosaur (that almost consumed the Hulk and survived a blast from Thor) but he did break or sprain his arm in the process.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    just one more for now.

I've got the back-up story in PLANET OF THE SYMBIOTES #2, relaunching Hobie Brown as HORNET. there's some preview pages up out there somewhere.

quiet as it's kept, I'm hoping for big things with Hobie.
    Little late and off topic, glad you brought back Hobie, was disappointed when he retired as Prowler in his last solo. Hope to see him around.
    Last edited by TrooperCameron; 02-17-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    If the rumors of a new original character being the new BP are true, expect all kinds of blowback from those of us who want Marvel to just bite the bullet and recast and of course yassss queen Twitter who want Shuri to be the Black Panther.
    It honestly feels like being in a nightmare that I can't wake up from.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Did we talk about Avengers Mech Strike?

spoilers:
    T'Challa almost singlehandedly took down a tech-organic hybrid dinosaur (that almost consumed the Hulk and survived a blast from Thor) but he did break or sprain his arm in the process.
    end of spoilers
    I couldn't tell if this was Canon or a elseworld story lol

I read it and then forgot I did until just now.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    @MindofShadow, found a link explaining why Letitia wasn't fired in the end: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ar-gina-carano
    They kept Carano around too after the first dumb tweets

It was the next group of tweets that got her fired.

I utterly hate rewarding someone with those views with a main role though. She didn't even say sorry lol.

At least the Mulan Star would be disappeared by China if she retracted (Did that billionaire ever show back up anyway???) lol. What is Wright's excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This couldn't be a D+ show, it would have to be a long OGN or actual novel, but how about...

What if Wakanda revealed itself during World War 2?

The Axis pushed into Africa... and Wakanda pushed back?

So look at it this way... You have Germany and the Axis going ham in Europe, you got Japan doing evil Japan things and Pearl Harbor happens, you got USSR being big and scary, and then the USA joins the fray because they are pissed...

and then another super power reveals itself in Africa. They push the Axis out of African and then fall back to Wakanda.

So, at the end of the war... you have Germany and suh defeated, Japan nuked, and the two big guys locked in a cold war... but there is now a 3rd party involved (wakanda) that scares the **** out of them.

And now imagine one of the two gets an itchy trigger finger and decides it is going to wipe out the tiny little country in one shot... and Wakanda's tech deflects/destroys the nuke and goes "No."

Just saying, could be a fun novel lol
    The other superpowers would have definitely invested more into their tech to try to match Wakanda. Then there would be the issues of Blacks living in these superpower nations, especially the US. Probably would have been in internment camps or worse. This would need to be a prestige maxi series.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They kept Carano around too after the first dumb tweets

It was the next group of tweets that got her fired.

I utterly hate rewarding someone with those views with a main role though. She didn't even say sorry lol.

At least the Mulan Star would be disappeared by China if she retracted (Did that billionaire ever show back up anyway???) lol. What is Wright's excuse?
    I don’t think Wright is stupid enough to keep poking the bear like Carano did. And the latters firing sent a firm message that these studios will cut your ass loose if you’re a PR headache for them, regardless of how popular your character is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda