Page 145 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    What??? Screenrant actually wrote a good article?
    Their first review of the issue was all about what Shuri did and barely mentioned Tchalla at all LOL

Yo, lol, yall are really forcing my hand into a hate read lol. I'm strong though, holding on.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Is Killmonger supposed to be OG Killmonger + NuKillmonger + the symbiote? I honestly don't know.
    Yes. After Emperor N'Jadaka's body exploded, his symbiote who imprinted his memories or consciousness sought N'Jadaka Prime's dead body to use as a proper replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    He wasted almost three pages just on the Storm being used as a comm device. Though i did kind of take pleasure in my girl's biggest moment the way this was amped up by some, was trying to dangle some happy news crumbs. lol That tells you a lot, three pages of her for something that could have been done in one panel on a comm. Don't make no sense. A person honestly can't tell me Coates whole run isn't about trying to humble and or humiliate Wakanda.
    In one of his very first interviews when taking over the book he spoke about how the fans of the book saw Tchalla as a "black Superman" and went on to explain why he shouldn't be seen that way. The comparison wasn't about power levels it was simply about competency. Then about how the political structure in Wakanda made no sense for a "developed" nation.

Marvel is at fault for all of this not Coats. They hired him. And now they turned down a supremely talented comic book writter (RedJack) that respects the previous work of the architects for the lore.

I dont trust whatever new plans they have one bit. I expect shenanigans.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-24-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Yes. After Emperor N'Jadaka's body exploded, his symbiote who imprinted his memories or consciousness sought N'Jadaka Prime's dead body to use as a proper replacement.
    So is he still a God or?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Based on past books, they were people that ascended to Godhood due to the prayers/belief of enough Wakandans.

Hence why Storm "ascended" in Season 2. (But why isn't she some giant in the sky lol?)

But narratively, it isn't consistent and I don't understand the relationship with symbioteKillmonger and I don't understand what is going on with Bast and Zenzi. The same zenzi Coates hasn't developed at all in 5 years who has just been in the background for 5 years.

Good question. Perhaps because she doesn't have an elemental being form, yet. I am sure that will change whenever she gets her Elemental Form.

I honestly liked the idea of people ascending to Godhood due to prayers/beliefs of enough Wakandans, not because Storm ascended to that level, but because it is quite accurate. You can't have Gods unless there are strong believers body in them.

Plus, I did dip a bit in the African Pantheon, and I was even more pleased to find out that all of the Gods in that Pantheon were warriors, normal humans with special powers at first, until they were blessed by asking the one for parts of his embodiment so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So is he still a God or?
    For Bast's sake he better still be or part of her power would be out in the wind or reduced to nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I honestly liked the idea of people ascending to Godhood due to prayers/beliefs of enough Wakandans, not because Storm ascended to that level,

ya aint gotta lie, just stan for your character lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    This issue was one of the worst things I've ever read
    Straight up.

I read the Ramonda part and paused and re-read it, thinking I couldn't have read that right.

Dude doubled down on his worst addition to the canon

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    One of his very first interviews about taking over the book with how the fans of the booksaw Tchalla as a "black Superman" and went on to explain why he shouldn't be seen that way. Then about how the political structure in Wakanda made no sense for a "developed" nation.

Marvel is at fault for all of this not Coats. They hired him. And now they turned down a supremely talented comic book writter (RedJack) that respects the previous work of the architects for the lore.

You know, I'm kinda spooked by the fact they didn't pick up Redjack. If he represents one of the best candidates. I'm wondering if they are going to swing to the opposite direction and get someone like Coates. Lord I hope not.

Good question. Perhaps because she doesn't have an elemental being form, yet. I am sure that will change whenever she gets her Elemental Form.

I honestly liked the idea of people ascending to Godhood due to prayers/beliefs of enough Wakandans, not because Storm ascended to that level, but because it is quite accurate. You can't have Gods unless there are strong believers body in them.

Plus, I did dip a bit in the African Pantheon, and I was even more pleased to find out that all of the Gods in that Pantheon were warriors, normal humans with special powers at first, until they were blessed by asking the one for parts of his embodiment so to speak.
    If the prayers and worship of the people of wakanda was enough to send someone to godhood then Tchalla should be running around wielding the power levels of Odin right now right? What sense does it make for him not to be but an outsider to attain that level?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yes this correct. the orisha as they exist in actual history saw some if their warriors dying in flesh only to then become gods.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I read the issue. It was fine but another buildup. Not sure why they waiting so long to release this one instead of putting this one out a year ago and saving the final battle issues for the hiatus.

I also do not see a problem with Ramondas actions here in trying to make amends for past mistakes. Its a part of the canon now so this was the best way to resolve it to the extent possible. Is it of little worth to ask for assistance from those once oppressed in a time of need? Absolutely but what she said was true. Death is coming either way, and she was offering a chance at restoring the peoples former glory. Now what would be interesting is if they'd refused.... but I doubt they will. Will see what happens

What I DO really like is the implications that TChalla will be going up against the gods themselves and what victory over them will mean. Does BP become like a God if he does so? Like a Pharoah was to Egypt? Does he become the true God hood of wakanda? Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You know, I'm kinda spooked by the fact they didn't pick up Redjack. If he represents one of the best candidates. I'm wondering if they are going to swing to the opposite direction and get someone like Coates. Lord I hope not.
    If I were betting I would say so but who knows. With red Jack's resume and his success with Panther Quest you would think if Marvel had the best interest of the franchise in mind it would be an easy choice. I can't imagine anyone else with a better resume and better hold on the character currently available to write it. Redjacks pitch didnt quite line of with their view on where they wanted the franchise to head...but these are the same ppl rubberstamping all of Coats nonsensical fanfiction that ignores continuity and logic.
    Thankfully his 5 year reign is over but now that Coogler has control of the biggest media consumer base (you know my opinion of his handling of the lore) who knows what kind of synergy might be forced. Coogler doesn't even think Black Panther the character is needed for Black Panther the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    In one of his very first interviews when taking over the book he spoke about how the fans of the book saw Tchalla as a "black Superman" and went on to explain why he shouldn't be seen that way. The comparison wasn't about power levels it was simply about competency. Then about how the political structure in Wakanda made no sense for a "developed" nation.

Meanwhile the one he created is practically non existent and useless. Lol