Page 16 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Anyone know what comic this is from? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Anyone know what comic this is from? Thanks in advance.

New Avengers #8, the 2013 run by Hickman:

Thanks. It’s real good art work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Thanks. It’s real good art work.
    Mike Deodato, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That would still require another actor to be cast as T'Challa, which Disney said they will not do.
    Not for the animation side. Unless they are going to now claim that only Chadwick can do anything related to T'Challa, even voiceovers despite other's doing it first and Mathias kinda being THE voice of T'Challa

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    My argument doesn't "assume" anything because I never said Nolan did that. I said it would be unwise to seal off T'Challa. Straight up that's it. I don't want to wait nma lifetime before seeing T'Challa back on the big screen. O never said that Marvel is going to reboot either.i simply said multiverse is a way to bring back T'Challa and take him in a different direction (maybe more comic accurate) without them feeling like a recast is trying to copy Boseman.

You're right, there argument didn't assume anything it derived authority that it was a fact. You didn't have to, that was heavily implied otherwise more context would have been provided, yet it was not - all to make it sound like recasting T'Challa was the same as what WB did was simply recast Joker like it was nothing. But your argument hinges on ignoring the context for MCU and even in Nolan's universe. The multiverse angle was a dead end because it's still a recast, if they're going to do a recast they wouldn't need to do that because it's about replacing an actor, it's not a problem with storytelling.

Your trying to argue where there is no need Because what I care about is the importance of the character and what he means to millions of people. He isn't just some mantle to be passed on, replaced by any black person because it's a mantle.
    He wasn't the mantle, Black Panther is. His name was T'Challa, not Black Panther. I'm for recasting, all I'm doing is bringing up why movie studios aren't doing what you're saying and acknowledging history or recasting. Nothing about how Ledger wasn't recast by Nolan for the same reasons. There are various options for marvel to pursue as the new BP, none of them are random and they all were supporting characters in the first movie.

T'Challa, like Wakanda, represents the best we could/ can be abd resonated so hard for young black boys saying they can be king's, they can be more then gang bangers, drug slingers or pimps.
    Nobody's denying that, but this has nothing to do with with the real world reasons why T'Challa wasn't recast. They can also replace him with another black man who will be a king, as well. Wakanada is more than T'Challas, it's also the home to his successors.

There's been a lot of effort put into Black girl magic, yet Black boys are told essentially to sit down and let the girls take over, ignoring the fact that black boys desperately need the focus too and it's not a zero sum game.
    Falcon and War Machine being leads in their own tv shows means nothing to those very same black boys? I disagree that the only black male role model Marvel has to offer was T'Challa. Once again assuming a women will replace T'Challa when nobody knows who the successor will be and even if it was a woman her being a woman is an obstacle black boys can't see past to identity with her as being someone to respect? Do you think black boys don't respect characters like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman simply because they aren't the same sex? It isn't a zero sum game, so why are you acting like it is?

I just don't have the confidence if this happened to any of the 3 og Avengers that the characters would be retired and those franchises trying to go on with the supporting cast trying to carry the movie
    Of course not, even Ledger wasn't enough to convince you Hollywood won't recast roles of iconic dead white actors in the same universe. The context is ignored to push a narrative that Boseman was being targeted for his race, despite the fact the same thing happened to Heath Ledger and Brandon Lee.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This whole same universe arguement is moot when we are about to see a spiderman movie featuring three different spiderman actors at once
    Which modern Spider-man actor died and was recast? None, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Which modern Spider-man actor died and was recast? None, as far as I can tell.
    Richard Harris died after the second Harry Potter film and what happened? Dumbledore was recast and Michael Gambon played him for the remainder of the series and people were fine with it. So yes, a situation like this has happened before.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Richard Harris died after the second Harry Potter film and what happened? Dumbledore was recast and Michael Gambon played him for the remainder of the series and people were fine with it. So yes, a situation like this has happened before.
    Dumbledore was supporting cast, this would be like recasting Harry Potter himself.

Ultimate Member

Falcon and War Machine being leads in their own tv shows means nothing to those very same black boys?
    Where are their billion dollar movies at?

The shows are nice but Marvel did not hand them a movie. No one fought Ike to get a Falcon nor War Machine movie. People fought for T-Challa and even Miles Morales.

The issue is when ever a black male gets built up in something-fake woke culture is right there to help tear it down in the name of sista hood.

It's not lets support Nubia & Shuri who have books and novels. Nor Naomi or Riri or Moon Girl.

We get so concerned about black girl magic-we forget our black boys who are not dumb jocks or rappers.

Yeah they want Shuri in that suit and when that movie flops-EVERY black man on the planet will be blamed. Because that is what fake woke does.

You're right, there argument didn't assume anything it derived authority that it was a fact. You didn't have to, that was heavily implied otherwise more context would have been provided, yet it was not - all to make it sound like recasting T'Challa was the same as what WB did was simply recast Joker like it was nothing. But your argument hinges on ignoring the context for MCU and even in Nolan's universe. The multiverse angle was a dead end because it's still a recast, if they're going to do a recast they wouldn't need to do that because it's about replacing an actor, it's not a problem with storytelling.

He wasn't the mantle, Black Panther is. His name was T'Challa, not Black Panther. I'm for recasting, all I'm doing is bringing up why movie studios aren't doing what you're saying and acknowledging history or recasting. Nothing about how Ledger wasn't recast by Nolan for the same reasons. There are various options for marvel to pursue as the new BP, none of them are random and they all were supporting characters in the first movie.

Nobody's denying that, but this has nothing to do with with the real world reasons why T'Challa wasn't recast. They can also replace him with another black man who will be a king, as well. Wakanada is more than T'Challas, it's also the home to his successors.

Falcon and War Machine being leads in their own tv shows means nothing to those very same black boys? I disagree that the only black male role model Marvel has to offer was T'Challa. Once again assuming a women will replace T'Challa when nobody knows who the successor will be and even if it was a woman her being a woman is an obstacle black boys can't see past to identity with her as being someone to respect? Do you think black boys don't respect characters like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman simply because they aren't the same sex? It isn't a zero sum game, so why are you acting like it is?

Of course not, even Ledger wasn't enough to convince you Hollywood won't recast roles of iconic dead white actors in the same universe. The context is ignored to push a narrative that Boseman was being targeted for his race, despite the fact the same thing happened to Heath Ledger and Brandon Lee.
    How many jokers have we had since ledgers unfortunate passing? And he wasn't even the franchise holder.

The Marvel comic isn't called Wakanda. It's called Black Panther. The one who is THE black panther is T'Challa.

Again you keep going on about how he can just be replaced with some other Black guy, ignoring the importance around T'Challa, the guy created back in 1966.

War Machine has been a joke since IM 2 and falcon basically called himself an inferior cap. Compared to T'Challa, the leader of an advanced African nation. Who do you think kids will resonate and get inspired from more? The king, or the guys who, in cw both got their isht rocked and got clearly knocked tf out. Yeah T'Challa isn't the only model but he was the best by far and large due to everything the character represents.
    I never said Black boys can't resonate with female characters, but just like black girls and women, black boys and black men want to see themselves as powerful as well. It should not be a zero sum game but the reality is that hollywood and media treats it that way and goes out of their way to instill that.

It does happen though. Happened with spartacus, happened in harry potter, and with ledger, again yes he wasn't recast for the dark knight rises, he also wasn't the lead of the franchise, and guess what, Joker wasn't sealed away for an unknown amount of time.

Dunno why your trying to pick a fight though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where are their billion dollar movies at?

The shows are nice but Marvel did not hand them a movie. No one fought Ike to get a Falcon nor War Machine movie. People fought for T-Challa and even Miles Morales.

The issue is when ever a black male gets built up in something-fake woke culture is right there to help tear it down in the name of sista hood.

It's not lets support Nubia & Shuri who have books and novels. Nor Naomi or Riri or Moon Girl.

We get so concerned about black girl magic-we forget our black boys who are not dumb jocks or rappers.

Yeah they want Shuri in that suit and when that movie flops-EVERY black man on the planet will be blamed. Because that is what fake woke does.
    I do find it entertaining that whenever a female-led action-adventure movie flops or underperforms you have a segment of fans that blame toxic masculinity. I expect similar claims IF Shuri as BP fails, as I don't think social media is gonna pass up the opportunity to **** on black men about pop culture and representation.

To your point about Falcon and War Machine, I agree that they don't reach the highs of T'Challa since they're ultimately supporting characters to white heroes who are only now getting their time in the sun. Young black men will appreciate their presence and expect good things of them, but there won't be the same level of excitement as with T'Challa.

He just operates at a much higher level and was clearly being positioned as one of the MCU's Big 3 alongside Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange. The next best bet is Blade, who won't have to wait nearly a decade before being the center of his own story and who isn't reliant on the lore or resources of a white hero. Though I guess with T'Challa out the MCU maybe Marvel inflates Falcon's role going forward as their premier, adult black hero.

Falcon lol yea no thanks.
    I prefer my son have a t'challa to look up to when it comes to superheros
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-10-2021 at 06:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

The Joker wasn’t the lead of the movies.

If Bale had died after the Dark Knight, WB would most definitely have recast and finished Nolan’s trilogy. Maybe there might have been a delay but they would finish it with another actor.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-10-2021 at 10:36 PM.