Page 162 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Thanks for dumping Coates on us you bastards

Lol well at least he won’t be writing BP comics anymore and I have S&L if the film crashes and burns.
    Hey I like Supes too. So unfortunately Coates is still going to be a thorn in my side. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

There is more of a chance id a actually pay to see tchallaless bp2 then give tnc a single penny more than i have buy seeing this movie lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Tchalla will be fighting Wolverine next week Avengers#43
    Ive prepared my heart.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the Superman film still has Clark Kent, then you know Lois Lane is going to be driving the plot like the women in Coates' books always do while the male protagonist is just kind of...there .
    he is a journalist she is one too so you know that is his entry to the story so Lois Lane fans have nothing to worry about. They will feed well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hey I like Supes too. So unfortunately Coates is still going to be a thorn in my side. Lmao.
    I just don’t get why you’d tap Coates over Ridley, an esteemed black Hollywood scriptwriter already at DC who has already done a great job with Superman. Also his handling of BP doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence he’ll do a good job with Superman. I swear if he does some dumb **** like have Superman listen to someone get raped and just ignore it because “no one man” I’m going to be furious.

But hey T’Challa is free! It’s the last week of Black History Month Marvel, tell us who is writing the book next already.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Coats had an issue with black men seeing Tchalla as an infaluble Superman like character....and now he is literally writing Superman after tearing Tchalla down to a level were a security guard choke-slammed him like Undertaker in a hell in a cell match lol

Crazy times

Coates spent five years tearing down T’Challa in order to get a gig writing a Storm solo and ends up writing the granddaddy of all Superheroes. Wow.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Damn they are going in on Coates about this comment

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Damn they are going in on Coates about this comment
    Going to swipe this to add more fuel to the fire raging on the Superman forums, thanks
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Going to swipe this to add more fuel to the fire raging on the Superman forums, thanks
    Got damnit, lol Dont do it. Which I get his point. However, yea the dont read DC stuff was not wise to say.

Man, this is already like bp situation

Id laugh if I wasn't traumatized
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm happy The Brotha is winning lol but his BP is well hit or miss
    He could be winning every medal and accolade under the sun...I don't care. He's no longer writing BP. BP and his fans are the true WINNERS of that race.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, this is already like bp situation

Id laugh if I wasn't traumatized
    In all fairness, I doubt he can get away with Superman ignoring rape camps like he did with T’Challa. And I can only wonder how fandom menace types are gonna react upon release.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ryan Cooger or Shaka King would have translated Coates work into some incredible films (assuming they are allowed to show the grit)

HIs voice is there. He's polished up over the years. Again the right director who can take his work/ideas and filter in a way to audience-friendly movie.

Ultimate Member

My problem with Coates is a philisophical.

Coates (as I mentioned before) subscribes to a version of "neo-liberalism" that permeates his work and I fundamentally disagree with.

Cornell West has written about Coates and criticized him severely for some his views. Even a surface level reading of BP shows that Coates doesn't fundamentally believe in black excellence...at least without them being depicted as victims in one form or the other. It's a garbage view that led to the deconstruction of BP and his mythos. Like I said before, I couldn't read beyond Coates first BP volume when we got the rape camps and all that pathetic nonsense. Think about it carefully, Wakanda was created to represent a vision of an uncolonized Africa, it represents what the ancient Ife, Oyo or Benin Kingdoms might have been without being decimated by colonialism (and if they have fictional supermetal). Coates came in to basically up-end this and suggest that the Wakandans are the "colonizers" and not the original owners of the land. This means that the Wakandans..a super advanced group of people are ultimately the same as the Europeans that conquered and dehumanized the Africans. Do you know just how damaging and problematic this is? It basically erodes everything special about the Wakandans.

Coates has written extensively against white supremacy but his fetishizing of this has completely clouded his vision and his work on BP was used to critique this. Even if he had to use Wakandans and BP as proxy for white supremacists and colonizers.

I have no idea what Coates will do with Superman though but one thing's for sure....he is NOT going to do a traditional Superman. And if he's going to do a black Superman expect a very "sociopolitical film".
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-26-2021 at 11:24 PM.