Page 166 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy561 View Post
    It wouldn't be a big deal if he wasn't a King. But I tend to agree with Hudlin, one of the Kings MOST important duties is to produce an Heir and a Spare. Hard to do that without a Queen. But then again if he had a Heir to the throne I'd probably be more content with him being single. (Shuri doesn't count because she doesn't have kids either).
    T'challa should have adopted/took in some slave children from the Galactic Empire.

Man, this wormhole **** would have been the perfect chance to "fix" the no queen, no heirs thing while still staying in "marvel time doesn't move" thing.

Oh well. Can't have nice things lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

When will Ryan tell us Shuri is the next BP, the filming starts soon

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall trying too hard calling Coates a shitty writer. Trying way too hard. Why did yall keep reading if he was THAT bad?

No he was into deconstruction and went a different path and not the T'Challa you wanted. That doesnt automatically make it shitty.

The irony is thats the same route they went with the new Superman. And now people are upset he's leaving.
    I won't speak for everyone but I very specifically said he Is a shitty fictional writer. His non fiction (why I have read) is good. But his fiction is terrible. 5 years in, two different books and he still can't properly pace, weave a cohesive story, follow his own continuity, or develop characters, a relies heavily on being overly wordy to make up for his lack of development of his stories or Characters. Abd as comics are visual mediums and superhero comics are action based, he doesn't give his artists anything to work with and so the action is very weak and the art gets wasted on characters just standing around while he weaves exhaustingly wordy speeches.

And you can write deconstruction without assassinating the character and the franchise. His run isn't critized as being bad just because people don't like him. No writer, not Priest, Hudlin, liss, mcduffie, or even Redjack, are above criticism. All of the listed above have been criticized for their work. The difference is that the good vastly outweighs the bad where as for Coates the opposite is true. If you have paid attention to this thread throughout the time Coates has been on the book, we give credit where credit is due. It's just that he has only had a handful of issues (3-5 maybe) that were actually decent issues before the following issue it went right back to being bad again.

Again even his fictional book he spent a decade working on got the same criticism his BP book gets. He is just bad at fictional period.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Obviously ain't gonna be the comic team anyway.

Marvel aint gonna have 7 white dudes secretly try to run the world lol.

Gonna have to race bend a bit (black reed, asian Namor) and add a woman or two at the minimum.

Hell, in the MCU, Fury putting together the Illuminati makes the most sense. Monica already works for a shady ass govt organizations (SWORD) so adding her could work too.

I feel like the only one that HAS to be there is Strange. His role as sorcerer supreme makes the most sense. He already works in the shadows so to speak.

But yeah, this has nothing to do with BP since t'challa is gone. Taking L after L.
    I don't see it as an L. Everything the Illuminati did blew up in their face and put the planet at risk. It just shows how intelligent people can still be incompetent. If anything Tchallas' characterization was sparred. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't see it as an L. Everything the Illuminati did blew up in their face and put the planet at risk. It just shows how intelligent people can still be incompetent. If anything Tchallas' characterization was sparred. Lol.
    I don't think MCU would do it like that though. Not usually a good idea to make your heroes unlikable.

But, we could have missed out on T'challa coming in the room, and telling them that this is a horirble idea and will blow up in their face.

:/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't think MCU would do it like that though. Not usually a good idea to make your heroes unlikable.

But, we could have missed out on T'challa coming in the room, and telling them that this is a horirble idea and will blow up in their face.

:/
    This & also BP putting a Ultimates type team together as a response

Ultimate Member

But this is what always happens.

People who don't like coates: Here are 100000 reasons we don't like it over 100 pages of this thread.

Person who likes coates: YOU JUST WANT SUPER TCHALLA!

Other Person who likes Coates: HES BLACK READ IT ANYWAY!

Other Person who likes Coates: You guys can't even give reasons!

People who don't like Coates: but... we gave reasons for the last 10 pages wth?
    Pretty much.

At the end of the day EVERYONE that is asked to look at Coates work will JUDGE him on what he did with BLACK PANTHER not Shuri, not Okeye, not MA and NOT Storm. He was not paid to write them. He was paid to write about Black Panther. That is whose name is on the cover.

Anyone else reading U.S. Agent? Priest did some black social commentary in this issue and I think he did a better job of it than Coates has. His was more straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yall trying too hard calling Coates a shitty writer. Trying way too hard. Why did yall keep reading if he was THAT bad?

No he was into deconstruction and went a different path and not the T'Challa you wanted. That doesnt automatically make it shitty.

The irony is thats the same route they went with the new Superman. And now people are upset he's leaving.
    It's not a hard try at all. The evidence comes out monthly, except when there's an 8 month delay.

And it's not just his Black Panther, just take a look at his Cap and it's the exact same problem.

Many of us have explained over and over why we think his story telling ability in fiction is terrible.

THis is a comic board. Maybe his non fiction novel he got famous for is fine. I don't know, I don't care lol. I've read some of his articles when he wrote more and found them fine. Didn't agree with everything he said but the writing was just fine.

Every single story of his in the comic media with his name attached has been unenjoyable to read. BP, Crew, the little of Captain America I read. They all read the same, they all have the same storytelling flaws. He hasn't improved story to story, if anything his flaws were magnified as Black Panther Season 1 was easily the best story he has written.

But this is what always happens.

People who don't like coates: Here are 100000 reasons we don't like it over 100 pages of this thread.

Person who likes coates: YOU JUST WANT SUPER TCHALLA!

Other Person who likes Coates: HES BLACK READ IT ANYWAY!

Other Person who likes Coates: You guys can't even give reasons!

People who don't like Coates: but... we gave reasons for the last 10 pages wth?
    Other people who like Coates: Storm! Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!

Ever notice that the people who don't like Coates BP hardly ever criticize the people who do?

But Coates supporters will get their panties in a wad and accuse people who don't like Coates of all kinds of Black on Black crimes.

Anyone else reading U.S. Agent? Priest did some black social commentary in this issue and I think he did a better job of it than Coates has. His was more straightforward.
    My issue didn't make it to my LCS yet.

Obviously ain't gonna be the comic team anyway.

Marvel aint gonna have 7 white dudes secretly try to run the world lol.

Gonna have to race bend a bit (black reed, asian Namor) and add a woman or two at the minimum.

Hell, in the MCU, Fury putting together the Illuminati makes the most sense. Monica already works for a shady ass govt organizations (SWORD) so adding her could work too.

I feel like the only one that HAS to be there is Strange. His role as sorcerer supreme makes the most sense. He already works in the shadows so to speak.

But yeah, this has nothing to do with BP since t'challa is gone. Taking L after L.
    MCU Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme yet (although he probably will be at some point).
    Not surprising (what with it being Priest).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    MCU Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme yet (although he probably will be at some point).
    I thought sorcerer supreme = top wizard?

With ancient one dead and Strange weilding the Eye, i figured he was now top wizard?

I thought sorcerer supreme = top wizard?

With ancient one dead and Strange weilding the Eye, i figured he was now top wizard?
    Wong said at the end that the world of magic would be more dangerous without the Sorcerer Supreme and just left Strange at another Sanctum so I don't think he's the de-facto top wizard yet even if he's well on his way at that point.

I know in the comics there's an actual contest for deciding who the Sorcerer Supreme is but they might not do that in the MCU.

Oh btw, the Illuminati rumor is an alternate reality Illuminati we will see in Spider-Man 3.

FYI