Page 167 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Other people who like Coates: Storm! Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!

Ever notice that the people who don't like Coates BP hardly ever criticize the people who do?

But Coates supporters will get their panties in a wad and accuse people who don't like Coates of all kinds of Black on Black crimes.
    Yes.

Because at the end of the day it's okay to not like or like Coates work. Same for every creator.

At least people here TRIED to read his run. So it's not folks making stuff up about their displeasure with his run. They did what all creators want-give the book a try.

While they are defending Coates-Coates got SUPERMAN. There will be a script by Coates and a movie from that script in theaters or HBO Max.
    Coates-the writer of (at various times a decent trade seller) Black Panther and (also at times a decent trade seller) Cap America. He will probably end up doing a Superman book that ties in with that movie.
    When we walk into the book store there are 10(ish) Black Panther trades by Coates along with Black Panther: Crew & WOW.

What do we NOT see? Storm by Coates on shelves. Black Panther fans will see Black Panther volume 8. Still waiting on Storm volume 3.

If Black Panther volume 8 excludes Storm-what next? Because that next writer is under ZERO obligation to include her. NONE. Even if he/she/They did include her-why settle for that?
    That does not HELP the Storm brand. She needs her OWN title like Shuri has gotten.

I've always enjoyed Black Panther - both as a character - and the lore that came with him. He wasn't just another super hero. He was a king to a country. A country that had vibranium. He brought with him interesting villains that were directly tied to his origins.

Been re-reading old, classic Avengers on Marvel Unlimited - currently on issue #80 - so it's plenty of Black Panther - and it makes me appreciate him.

Chadwick, rest in peace, did this character justice. I am sad he's not with us to keep being the inspiration and hero that a lot of kids looked up to in the MCU.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Ever notice that the people who don't like Coates BP hardly ever criticize the people who do?

But Coates supporters will get their panties in a wad and accuse people who don't like Coates of all kinds of Black on Black crimes.
    What is funny is that people here are saying they don't like Coates no matter what he does. It's very clear it's about his fiction, and it's been made clear that his other work is fine. But apparently of you don't like Coates then you must hate black folks and want to keep them out of media. Instead of looking at the fact that bad fictional writers should not be rewarded for it

Astonishing Member

My experiences say otherwise.

Beyond that, by the time someone gets through all the years and ceaseless and shameless hatred given to Coates (one of the most embarrassing and toxic fandom things I've ever seen on a personal level, since most other cited examples of toxic fandoms are for those I'm not apart of), even those who seemingly don't directly take their frustrations out on those who have enjoyed Coates' Black Panther run will have given clear messages on who is not wanted or tolerated. How do you think someone would react to finding endless waves of toxicity for years on end towards something and someone a person likes and enjoys?

Truthfully, it's gotten beyond the point of whether one likes or dislikes Coates' run. The toxicity is just a permeation now, irrespective of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Beyond that, by the time someone gets through all the years and ceaseless and shameless hatred given to Coates (one of the most embarrassing and toxic fandom things I've ever seen on a personal level, since most other cited examples of toxic fandoms are for those I'm not apart of), even those who seemingly don't directly take their frustrations out on those who have enjoyed Coates' Black Panther run will have given clear messages on who is not wanted or tolerated. How do you think someone would react to finding endless waves of toxicity for years on end towards something and someone a person likes and enjoys?

Truthfully, it's gotten beyond the point of whether one likes or dislikes Coates' run. The toxicity is just a permeation now, irrespective of other things.
    The internet has amped up the toxicity across all fandoms. Even Star Trek fans, who used to be the gold standard in how to disagree and never become ugly, have fallen into the mire.

The only way to stop it is to stop it.

But if you think what's happened to T. Coates has been rough, just watch what I get when Green Lantern #1 drops. personally, I could give a ****, but watch.

Superhero comics are supposed to be fun. If they're not fun for some people it's probably a good idea for those folks to put down those comics that aren't pleasing them. All this extra meaning and weight people put on them is probably too much for the delicate little things.

They're just not built for all that.
    Last edited by Redjack; 02-27-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Coates would be a dope ass milestone writer..

I think Coates would do a great job writing Rocket and Icon

Those experiences must be in other forums because no one that I know of has criticized anyone for liking Coates' BP in this thread.

People who criticize Coates have every right if they don't his take on BP. Your use of hatred is extreme and unwarranted and it mistakenly paints alot of people with one brush. If anything, it's the people who complain about criticism of Coates that have the problem as they take offense to anything negative said about him. I don't have a problem with anyone who likes Coates' BP and there are many who think the same.

But the minute someone says anything negative about Coates BP, some Coates fans think that it's their job to come in and throw shade because their favorite writer of the moment is getting heat.

The issue isn't Coates writing, the issue is that Coates can't write comics.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally I don't know the man so I can't/don't hate him. His literary works leave a lot to be desired (I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters of his 'novel'...I really tried, just to see if he was any good at actual prose...enh!)
    I do unequivocally and quite shamelessly hate his BP books. They are utter rubbish and I am joyous that he's gone on to bigger and better things than playing comic book writer. I truly wish him all the best in his future endeavours and pray to the Goddess they don't suck half as much as the last five years of Black Panther did.

As to his fans and sympathisers...I don't know them, I don't engage with them here and elsewhere in other fora but, peace be unto them.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    The internet has amped up the toxicity across all fandoms. Even Star Trek fans, who used to be the gold standard in how to disagree and never become ugly, have fallen into the mire.

The only way to stop it is to stop it.

But if you think what's happened to T. Coates has been rough, just watch what I get when Green Lantern #1 drops. personally, I could give a ****, but watch.

Superhero comics are supposed to be fun. If they're not fun for some people it's probably a good idea for those folks to put down those comics that aren't pleasing them. All this extra meaning and weight people put on them is probably too much for the delicate little things.

They're just not built for all that.
    I think praise and criticism go hand in hand. People will voice their opinions good or bad and now that we have so many platforms on social media, it's easier to express those opinions.

My issue will always be with someone criticizing someone else because they don't like their criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I've always enjoyed Black Panther - both as a character - and the lore that came with him. He wasn't just another super hero. He was a king to a country. A country that had vibranium. He brought with him interesting villains that were directly tied to his origins.

Been re-reading old, classic Avengers on Marvel Unlimited - currently on issue #80 - so it's plenty of Black Panther - and it makes me appreciate him.

Chadwick, rest in peace, did this character justice. I am sad he's not with us to keep being the inspiration and hero that a lot of kids looked up to in the MCU.
    Yup, searched far and wide to find a fictional hero like Tchalla. If you need recommendations let us know.

Well, this got weird.

Coates got bullied off twitter by Cornell West and his followers, not Black Panther Fans.

I moderate the r/marvel on reddit... no one cares about Coates and he is ignored.

Coates doesn't come up on /co on 4chan either. He is ignored.

If people are "toxic" to Coates, it is a pretty insular group that isn't going out and being loud about it.

But, I don't have twitter so what do I know I guess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Coates would be a dope ass milestone writer..

I think Coates would do a great job writing Rocket and Icon
    Yes. Because in all realty Icon book was really about the journey of Rocket from thief to heroine to mother to walking away from that and eventually becoming Icon herself. We just didn't get to see her finally take that step to be Icon.

If they're not fun for some people it's probably a good idea for those folks to put down those comics that aren't pleasing them.
    Here is the thing-when this is suggested-it only applies to certain books.

Panther fans actually did it-guess who got called BAD or FAKE fans? Mainly by the same ones complaining about anyone not liking the book.
    Same mess Static fans got with the New 52 book by not only the artist on the book but Static HATERS.
    Same thing we saw with John Stewart fans with Hal Jordan and TGLC. They were the ONLY ones singled out. Not any other Lantern fans.

Now let there be a well done Black Panther book-that is about him. Won't see most of these folks because like with the upcoming Green Lantern book-the person they like is not going to be the focus. So it's okay for them to not buy the book.

Funny all these books that are OKAY to not buy share a common LEAD....

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, this got weird.

Coates got bullied off twitter by Cornell West and his followers, not Black Panther Fans.

I moderate the r/marvel on reddit... no one cares about Coates and he is ignored.

Coates doesn't come up on /co on 4chan either. He is ignored.

If people are "toxic" to Coates, it is a pretty insular group that isn't going out and being loud about it.

But, I don't have twitter so what do I know I guess.

I did a search on Twitter.

Let me put it to you like this-it's WHO I expected to have an issue with it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-ta-ne...m-and-monachy/

thank you Coates for your contributions to black panther and its mythos. you will truly be missed!!!

well said!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-27-2021 at 06:51 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!