Page 171 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I still don't see how you ruin a BP in space story. Dude had an Intergalactic Wakandan Empire and everything.
    Dude has a blank slate, killer art, space Wakanda, and a chance to really showcase the extent of Wakandas advancements and technological might... And it's wasted and instead highlights why Storm and Eden are the key to Wakandas victory and if they weren't around Wakanda prime would get spanked.. this is the same Wakanda who smacked the skrulls and beat back the Black order, which is known both armies technology very advanced. That's spectacular failure there. Especially to make it ungodly boring. Again TLJ is the perfect example of how hard the ball was dropped

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I will say that Coates’ 2018 relaunch started a lot more action heavy. He was obviously told by editorial he’s not writing a think piece and that he needs to inject some adrenaline into his work and he did that for the first part of his story. Acuna’s art definitely helped create some decent fight scenes even if they didn’t have much in the way of feats or complexity. But Coates eventually fell back into his bad habits IMO and this is easily now the worst arc he’s done despite having the most potential. Overall before T’Challa got back to Earth we got a lot of mindless action, which is better than no action.
    And I gave him credit for it when Season 3 started.

And then, just like Season 2, it was just the same thing over and over and the story just would not progress.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I kinda like them being separate honestly, having an elite group of warrior women and Wakandas essentially elite spy/Seals team. Plus why would the Doras take command of them, they should be two separate groups with different specializations. The Wakandan military/ whatever group we saw in KiB BP has both men and women. The DM and HZ I think are good as is.

That Said though, making both open to both gender invalidates Coates nonsense too
    I don't think the Hatute have been spies for almost a decade. Once Hickman brought them back, they've only been seen as army soldiers. Lol

Astonishing Member

I still don't see how you ruin a BP in space story. Dude had an Intergalactic Wakandan Empire and everything.
    As another poster pointed out a few days ago, conceptually this was a really strong story idea. Really strong. Easily the largest scale BP story ever told and thematically rich with its parallels. But it was ruined by bad pacing and poor characterization. Really sucks that this is the first major BP space epic, but hopefully it’s not the last.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I kinda like them being separate honestly, having an elite group of warrior women and Wakandas essentially elite spy/Seals team. Plus why would the Doras take command of them, they should be two separate groups with different specializations. The Wakandan military/ whatever group we saw in KiB BP has both men and women. The DM and HZ I think are good as is.

That Said though, making both open to both gender invalidates Coates nonsense too
    Yea I see the Dora as basically Wakandan samurai nowadays. They’re a honor-bound paramilitary force who sends a fraction of their best to act as T’Challa’s kingsguard. I think they don’t need to be anything more than that and making them more essential to Wakanda’s military than they already are just dilutes everything else.

I’d like to see the HZ completely converted to their MCU counterparts and be Wakanda’s intelligence wing but with a special forces component so we can still get them in those dope ass white suits. As for the gender ratio, I think the Dora should be exclusively female but that the HZ should be mixed, though I think they should be represented by a man since we already got General Okoye leading the Dora.

I’ve already spoken about the need for there to be more male members of the “Black Panther Family” and with M’Baku back I’d also like to see Kasper Cole given the nod since he’s already established and has the look. I’d even have him steal the White Wolf mantle since I somewhat doubt Hunter will be relevant going forward (and I find his exclusion from Coates’ run very intentional). So yea, take the outline of the MCU HZ and give Kasper a push.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-28-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Yea I see the Dora as basically Wakandan samurai nowadays. They’re a honor-bound paramilitary force who sends a fraction of their best to act as T’Challa’s kingsguard. I think they don’t need to be anything more than that and making them more essential to Wakanda’s military than they already are just dilutes everything else.

I’d like to see the HZ completely converted to their MCU counterparts and be Wakanda’s intelligence wing but with a special forces component so we can still get them in those dope ass white suits. As for the gender ratio, I think the Dora should be exclusively female but that the HZ should be mixed, though I think they should be represented by a man since we already got General Okoye leading the Dora.

I’ve already spoken about the need for there to be more male members of the “Black Panther Family” and with M’Baku back I’d also like to see Kasper Cole given the nod since he’s already established and has the look. I’d even have him steal the White Wolf mantle since I somewhat doubt Hunter will be relevant going forward (and I find his exclusion from Coates’ run very intentional). So yea, take the outline of the MCU HZ and give Kasper a push.
    Poor Hunter probably in Rykers Island since Liss run lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I wish they'd kept Zuri around. If they don't plan to ever bring him back at least give him a son that T'Challa can mentor.

The question is still the same, who wants to see Bendis writing a BP solo?
    Love 80% of what Bendis has done for black characters, but that's a naw for me. Next BP writer needs a different kind of energy.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Just want to point how crazy AGAIN Black Panther's production to release date method will be.

Dr. Strange 2 finishes shooting in April and will be released March 25th 2022

Meanwhile, BP2 starts filming in July...ends in 6 months. So Post Production will be just 6 months as it gets released July 2022.

Now I know a lot of yall arent buying tickets anyway. However, its crazy to me how this movie will have half the post-production as last time. Making it possible for rushed effects, reshoots et.

Why are they so desperate to get this movie out in 2022.

This... I want Zuri ( not the mcu version) S’Yan back asap.. They can lead HZ, or bring back Zuri leading the army on the ground, Okoye leading the DM & S’Yan leading the HZ or etc.. They should make MCU Kasper Zuri son let Regé-Jean Page play him..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 02-28-2021 at 04:21 PM.

W'kabi should come back from the grave and lead the Wakandan army. Then Okoye and W'kabi can both be General's overseeing their respective branches on top of the Wakandan military while Kasper (or Akili, he's alright) can lead the HZ.

I guess the HZ Could mix but I still prefer them separate. There's something cool about having brotherhood's and sisterhoods of elite warriors. And again, the group we saw in RJs KiB (maybe that was just the Wakandan army) are mixed. It has nothing to do with being separate but just how each one was designed.

All of this, and I’m still sticking by my idea to resurrect Preyy and have him turn on Killmonger in order to be a part of T’Challas family so that the guy can have a pet.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I wish they'd kept Zuri around. If they don't plan to ever bring him back at least give him a son that T'Challa can mentor.
    He is the exact type of character he needs as a support character. He was hilarious.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just want to point how crazy AGAIN Black Panther's production to release date method will be.

Why are they so desperate to get this movie out in 2022.
    I would suspect Disney or Marvel has a heads up on what ELSE maybe coming out at that time.

Jurassic Park will have a movie that will be in theaters in June as will Transformers. As will a Buzz Lightyear movie.

Jordan Peele will have a film as will Indiana Jones 5. Along with Fantastic Beasts.

Along with Cap Marvel 2 & Into SPiderverse 2-later on. Mission Impossible 8, Avatar and Aquaman 2 say WHAT IS UP!

Right now Panther is the only BLACK movie for 2022. 20 movies ALONE are from Disney.

I can only venture this guess.

If that movie under performs or BOMBS Disney can say look at all the big guns that came out in 2022. Especially if COvid is under control as it is in some other countries.

Look at the competition that hurt the movie not excluding Panther himself. Disney found a way to save face.

Also as of right now Black Panther is the only black lead movie for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would suspect Disney or Marvel has a heads up on what ELSE maybe coming out at that time.

Jurassic Park will have a movie that will be in theaters in June as will Transformers. As will a Buzz Lightyear movie.

Jordan Peele will have a film as will Indiana Jones 5. Along with Fantastic Beasts.

Along with Cap Marvel 2 & Into SPiderverse 2-later on. Mission Impossible 8, Avatar and Aquaman 2 say WHAT IS UP!

Right now Panther is the only BLACK movie for 2022. 20 movies ALONE are from Disney.

I can only venture this guess.

If that movie under performs or BOMBS Disney can say look at all the big guns that came out in 2022. Especially if COvid is under control as it is in some other countries.

Look at the competition that hurt the movie not excluding Panther himself. Disney found a way to save face.

Also as of right now Black Panther is the only black lead movie for 2022.
    Let’s be real, the film most likely won’t bomb by any means. But given the competition it will have for that summer (especially if covid is no longer an issue) it probably won’t make as much as the first. And if that happens there are two possible scenarios for the BP franchise going forward.

Scenario 1: Marvel realizes that the franchise can’t survive without T’Challa and decides to wait a little while longer until audiences and the cast have healed from Boseman’s passing so that they can recast T’Challa in time for BP3.

Scenario 2: Marvel decides to close the door on Black Panther’s side of the MCU for good in terms of solo outings. Thought the characters will still appear in ensemble films and tv shows.

And knowing how Black characters don’t get as many chances as white characters, there’s a chance number 2 could be the likely outcome if the movie underperforms.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"