Page 184 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah I mean... that dude Akili or whatever who ran up to Tetu and... hit him with a rifle (lolol) might be the greatest HZ on panel other than Hunter. By Far
    Backhand Barry. He took a hit from the king and lived. T'Challa never threatened him again.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The way these short stories read they feel like really well executed one shots. They’re all by different authors but read together they’re consistently great so far (I’ve read 3 stories). Idk if that’s enough to go off of to say they’re the best for the BP solo but Sheree Reneé Thomas (a poet I’ve been following for a few years) seems like she’d do something great if she could handle the comic medium. Same goes for Marcus Broaddus, who would probably feel like a spiritual successor to Priest. Cadwell Turnbull wrote one of the most underrated sci-fi novels of 2019 and his Killmonger story was really solid. I’d prefer if they got their feet wet with some actual comic series before I put them on my list of top BP comic scribes. Everyone’s blown me away in book form but comics are a different beast altogether lol.

That said I think there’s a good chance Nnedi Okorafor gets the gig for the next BP solo. She wrote 3 miniseries during the Coates era, is a black woman, and plays well into the literary/non-traditional comic buyer crowd Marvel is pushing the franchise to. Her comic work has been mixed though, her Shuri and Dora miniseries were wack and her Long Live the King mini was average at best. She has decent ideas but for such a strong novelist I find her dialogue in comics weak. Also concerned she might double down on what Coates did (T’Challa outshined by new side characters, Orisha origins, etc.) Obviously nothin is confirmed but Okorafor is to me the most likely follow up.
    I don't think it will be her. The last thing she said was she only wanted to work on her original characters or Storm.

I finished eight stories. For now there is only one I would throw away outright. He leaned too hard into and idea that Narcisse started, but never expanded on. I skipped most of it and just quick read the last half. Jesse Hollands' story was right after that and it made up for it.
    Last edited by Cville; 03-10-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Backhand Barry. He took a hit from the king and lived. T'Challa never threatened him again.
    some say BackHand Barry is still orbiting the earth to this day
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

That Taskmaster issue was solid. If the next issue is up to par with the rest, I'd nominate it for mini-series of the year.

The way t'challa is drawn in the heroes return cover is creeping me out. Looking like nosferatu

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    is it considered csnon?
    When it comes to The Black Panthers universe I dont think theres a such thing anymore. Still dont know what version of shuri is "cannon"

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That Taskmaster issue was solid. If the next issue is up to par with the rest, I'd nominate it for mini-series of the year.
    The thing I like is that each of his plans made sense on how he would get what he needed.

And like I said earlier, Taskmaster is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The way these short stories read they feel like really well executed one shots. They’re all by different authors but read together they’re consistently great so far (I’ve read 3 stories). Idk if that’s enough to go off of to say they’re the best for the BP solo but Sheree Reneé Thomas (a poet I’ve been following for a few years) seems like she’d do something great if she could handle the comic medium. Same goes for Marcus Broaddus, who would probably feel like a spiritual successor to Priest. Cadwell Turnbull wrote one of the most underrated sci-fi novels of 2019 and his Killmonger story was really solid. I’d prefer if they got their feet wet with some actual comic series before I put them on my list of top BP comic scribes. Everyone’s blown me away in book form but comics are a different beast altogether lol.

That said I think there’s a good chance Nnedi Okorafor gets the gig for the next BP solo. She wrote 3 miniseries during the Coates era, is a black woman, and plays well into the literary/non-traditional comic buyer crowd Marvel is pushing the franchise to. Her comic work has been mixed though, her Shuri and Dora miniseries were wack and her Long Live the King mini was average at best. She has decent ideas but for such a strong novelist I find her dialogue in comics weak. Also concerned she might double down on what Coates did (T’Challa outshined by new side characters, Orisha origins, etc.) Obviously nothin is confirmed but Okorafor is to me the most likely follow up.
    Well I would say, give them 1-2 issue non canon mini's to test their merits, Plus it's not canon so T'Challa doesn't end of looking bad if it's trash. I look forward to getting these and what you guys have said gives me hope for BP.

Nnedi would be a terrible choice. The literary crowd has long since bounced. Why cater to a crowd that doesn't care about the character or franchise at all? And why give the franchise to a writer who has already struck out 3 times, and one who will cause the franchise to bleed just as hard if not worse than Coates because she doesn't have the same "name" behind her as he does?

It's really crazy how redjack was passed up at all, especially since KiB

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    The way t'challa is drawn in the heroes return cover is creeping me out. Looking like nosferatu
    I am no professional when it comes to drawing, but judging by your comparison, is it due to the length of/something particular about his fingers?

Last edited by XJlock; 03-10-2021 at 06:51 PM.

One of the writers pulled one unexpected side character and almost fulfilled my fan request.
    spoilers:
    Kasper is tasked with rescuing some kidnapped WK ambassadors from a white supremacist group. He does the enemy than hero teamup with Nightshade. But its David Walker's Nightshade still wearing the Nighthawk armor. The main bad guy turns out to be American Panther. Lol
    end of spoilers It was a good adventure.

The ears are messed up
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I am no professional when it comes to drawing, but judging by your comparison, is it due to the length of/something particular about his fingers?

The ears and the shading on the mask make him look really bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I don't think it will be her. The last thing she said was she only wanted to work on her original characters or Storm.

I finished eight stories. For now there is only one I would throw away outright. He leaned too hard into and idea that Narcisse started, but never expanded on. I skipped most of it and just quick read the last half. Jesse Hollands' story was right after that and it made up for it.
    That’s a relief, I don’t think she’s got it in her to do a BP solo. Okorafor is the best example I can think of of someone who’s really good at fiction in one medium but terrible in comics. John Ridley’s subpar Batman over at DC is another good example too but that’s a whole different convo lol.

Interested to read what story you’re talking about but if it’s about who I think it is I don’t have high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well I would say, give them 1-2 issue non canon mini's to test their merits, Plus it's not canon so T'Challa doesn't end of looking bad if it's trash. I look forward to getting these and what you guys have said gives me hope for BP.

Nnedi would be a terrible choice. The literary crowd has long since bounced. Why cater to a crowd that doesn't care about the character or franchise at all? And why give the franchise to a writer who has already struck out 3 times, and one who will cause the franchise to bleed just as hard if not worse than Coates because she doesn't have the same "name" behind her as he does?

That’s a great idea. That’s basically what they did with Coates minus the canon aspect. I’d kill for Broaddus to do a Hatut Zeraze mini that features T’Challa in a supporting capacity. Let actual fiction writers contribute to the World of Wakanda.

Nnedi would be an improvement in terms of pacing and action, but she seems to take a similar deconstructive approach to Wakanda and T’Challa all while having paper thin characters. She’d be better than Coates but the overarching issues he had would carry over. Redjack is really the best writer I can think of to do the solo so I’m interested (and a bit scared) to see who they have take over from the current writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Come over to Green Lantern in April. We got something for ya.

For real.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just read it.

I'm not too bummed by this. Taskmaster is no joke. At least it wasn't short.
    Taskmaster, when written well, should be one of the most formidable characters out there. That being said, it's possible to be annoyed at the decision to test his mettle against Wakandans if one is so inclined.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?