Page 201 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't know what they would do with the MA at this point tho. Would they be heroes? Villains? How does Wakanda let them keep tech developed by Wakanda if they are going to be villains?

Same thing ifthey are going to be treated as heroes. If they aren't working for BP/Wakanda, no way does BP allow them to keep tech created by him/Wakanda.

Coates didn't have a long-term plan for the MA.
    I think the closest analogue is the Jabri (although I agree with MindofShadow that they have to come back sooner rather than later). Basically, a sometimes antagonist, sometimes ally. I don't think allowing them to remain is so hard to believe. The Jabari have been allowed to remain, for example. Additionally, they remain as part of a specific political deal that T'Challa agreed to and stopping them would be breaking his word. I'm not saying he is incapable of doing that if the security of Wakanda is at stake, but I would argue he values his honor and keeping his word when possible.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Hope is important, the other 4 not so much, but oya's the most popular one at least there's questions where she is now, plus she has a cool look+powerset so I can undersand the aesthetic choice
    the only aesthetic choice she was chosen for is dark skin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think the closest analogue is the Jabri (although I agree with MindofShadow that they have to come back sooner rather than later). Basically, a sometimes antagonist, sometimes ally. I don't think allowing them to remain is so hard to believe. The Jabari have been allowed to remain, for example. Additionally, they remain as part of a specific political deal that T'Challa agreed to and stopping them would be breaking his word. I'm not saying he is incapable of doing that if the security of Wakanda is at stake, but I would argue he values his honor and keeping his word when possible.
    Fun Fact: We don't even know what T'challa's "word" was to Aneka. They never circled around to it, they apparently had a very meaningful conversation that was done off panel and never mentioned again lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

With the Dora separate from the throne in name only, the easiest way to keep the MA away is to just have them move to a Mute Zone or something. Their whole thing is T’Challa is complicit in Wakandan misogyny and the throne doesn’t defend the little people so in the wake of the Wakandan Empire invasion just have it so they choose to roam the rural areas of the kingdom protecting those the crown may overlook.

The Dora are basically samurai now, a semi-independent order of warriors. The Midnight Angels can be ronin, wanderers without loyalty to any chieftain. They get a happy ending and BP books don’t need to feel obligated to include them unless it’s an all hands on deck situation. Okoye can lead the remaining 18-24 Dora, based out of Upanga in Birnin Zana and loyal to T’Challa.

Wonder since they did the mini for Shuri and Killmonger, I wonder if Okoye is next when BP2 gets closer.

You can easily have her on a "walkabout" situation throughout Africa during the time period she dissapeared in the books.

Say she left on T'challa's urgings because she felt lost after the royal marriage and the end of the two dora system.

And what spurred her to come back was hearing what happened with the MA and then her Dora buddy QDJ being captured. And she realized her place was still in Wakanda next to the King.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    With the Dora separate from the throne in name only, the easiest way to keep the MA away is to just have them move to a Mute Zone or something. Their whole thing is T’Challa is complicit in Wakandan misogyny and the throne doesn’t defend the little people so in the wake of the Wakandan Empire invasion just have it so they choose to roam the rural areas of the kingdom protecting those the crown may overlook.

The Dora are basically samurai now, a semi-independent order of warriors. The Midnight Angels can be ronin, wanderers without loyalty to any chieftain. They get a happy ending and BP books don’t need to feel obligated to include them unless it’s an all hands on deck situation. Okoye can lead the remaining 18-24 Dora, based out of Upanga in Birnin Zana and loyal to T’Challa.
    this... this is actualy a really good idea lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    T'Challa looks like he's being played by Cress Williams.
    Might that be the reason Black Lightning is ending and suddenly Cress gets a mystery Marvel role?

Damn, Coates really scraping the bottle of the barrel.
    Somewhere Rocket Racer, Uncle Aaron, Hobie Grown, Mosaic, Flint, Spider Punk, Rayshuan Lucas, Synch, Wildstreak and Bandit are asking where was the phone call to them at.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this... this is actualy a really good idea lol
    Which is exactly why it won’t happen lol. I still think we’re getting a Roxane Gay or Vita Ayala type to head up the solo and they’ll probably be on the same BS as Coates. I expect further bloating of the supporting cast and the sidelining of T’Challa in favor of Shuri/the Dora, but I’d like to be proven wrong.

This 65 year old lookin T'challa has got to go lol

And who is the fire/ice chick in the last panel?
    It's crazy that T'Challa and Coates nuM'Baku look the same age lol. The 5 years he spent in space Wakanda was NOT good to him

Whatever gets them into creative limbo never to be seen again is what I think should happen. I mean, this ain't even the first Aneka we have seen, the OG was a lot older. Just shuttle them off to limbo and let Okoye lead the REAL Dora Milaje since the mcu has established them and given them a distinct look

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Oya aka idie okonkwo, a temperature manipulator and one of the five first mutants to arise afer hope summers started to reverse the effects of the decimation
    Damn, Coates really scraping the bottle of the barrel.

I didn't realize the 5 lights were even still around. How many of them are in the x books these days?
    Lol, he picked one of the most obscure Black mutants before picking Bishop or even Synch.

Where's Blade? And what kind of torture chair is Prodigy strapped in? Wakandan been snatching mutants without the X-Men knowing?

And did Wakanda go cheap on the Justice League of Brothas and Sistas or something? Looks like they're sitting in desks from Elementary school.

C'mon man! We supposed to be hi-tech!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Just bring back the Jabari. I don't think it's going to work with the MA's status being we don't know what they are, especially with them basically having stolen Wakandan tech and attacking Wakanda. Why would you want them as neighbors?

They can stick around no problem but they need to be better defined than what they currently are.

This is a much better idea for them. They don't need to be set up with their own nation right next to Wakanda.

Thinking about it, a better idea (since its likely that he is going to take over) just have the MA leave with nuM'Baku and join the intergalactic Wakanda as the protectors of the weak and such. We really don't need them in Wakanda as they have yet to actually contribute anything positive to the mythos, and they themselves aren't even that competent despite the stolen tech. Just let them live in space Wakanda, never to be seen again

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is a much better idea for them. They don't need to be set up with their own nation right next to Wakanda.
    Yea it’d basically be self-imposed exile. Their “sisters” are still working for the king so they’ll always have a place alongside T’Challa but due to their principles they’ve made it a personal mission to protect the weak that they feel the crown has ignored. Wakandan ronin, one day they’re in Alkama Fields handling a land dispute between farmers next day they’re in a Mute Zone bordering the Jabari Mountains overseeing local elections or some **** lol. The way their story was set up they have no business leading anything larger than a handful of fellow Midnight Angels. So offpanel adventures is the best anyone who likes them would hope for.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Might that be the reason Black Lightning is ending and suddenly Cress gets a mystery Marvel role?

Somewhere Rocket Racer, Uncle Aaron, Hobie Grown, Mosaic, Flint, Spider Punk, Rayshuan Lucas, Synch, Wildstreak and Bandit are asking where was the phone call to them at.
    Funny enough, "Spider-Punk," actually called the Anarchic Spider-Man, is an A/U version of Hobie Brown that became the Spider-Man of his reality after being bitten by a spider exposed to toxic waste dumped by Oscorp and started a punk rock revolution against President Norman Osborn, who was also the Venom of that reality. That being said, I would definitely love to see Hobie and T'Challa interact at some point, and since somebody brought up Cress Williams, I'm thinking that if the big owners behind Marvel and DC start playing nice with each other (again), it'd be great to see a Black Panther/Black Lightning team-up.

That said, congratulations on making it past 200 pages, everyone. Looking forward to more conversation, discussion, and debate with you all on Black Panther and everything related.
    The spider is always on the hunt.