Page 208 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Nothing as of yet. Though I’m hoping the new writer at least clearly likes T’Challa like Narcisse or Redjack.
    Gotcha man, thanks

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBH, I can't even remember Mr. Negative's motivation in SM PS4 lol. Only Ock.

Ditto for Arkham Asylum and City... I really only remmeber the main guys
    If it helps, Negative and Ock both wanted revenge on Mayor (and Oscorp CEO) Norman Osborn, Negative because Osborn's experiments on Negative as a child to find a cure for an illness passed from Osborn's wife to Osborn's son Harry ended up killing Negative's parents and cursing him with powers that increased with his rage, and Ock because Osborn screwed him over as a scientist and cut him out of their previous business partnership.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just... Can't even. Seeing that BS from Mackie (understandably he ain't going to go against marvel) is just annoying and pandering of the worst kind. No established character is beholden to any actor. We have seen this time and time again, and I wish people would quit acting like these characters have only had one actor play them then they are forever retired. It's so incredibly dishonest. And frankly? Frak mackies comment about chadwick not wanting T'Challa recast. I Heard that and thought, "are you dumb? Did you not ever pay attention to literally ANY interview he had about roles he took on? He always talked about be aware and paving what for the person after him. He was never to arrogant that he thought a character should live and die with him. That really pissed me off and it continues to do so when people say stupid isht like that. He was a trailblazer and they are killing his trail under the guide of "respect"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And frankly? Frak mackies comment about chadwick not wanting T'Challa recast. I Heard that and thought, "are you dumb? Did you not ever pay attention to literally ANY interview he had about roles he took on? He always talked about be aware and paving what for the person after him. He was never to arrogant that he thought a character should live and die with him. That really pissed me off and it continues to do so when people say stupid isht like that. He was a trailblazer and they are killing his trail under the guide of "respect"
    Yeah he was out of pocket for that comment. But like you said, he’s really trying hard not to piss off the higher ups at Marvel.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

LOL Didn't Anthony Mackie just have an interview trying to connect Falcon to Black Panther in an attempt to get some of that BlackPanther fan support for his show?
    Shameless.
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-23-2021 at 05:31 PM.

How much do we know about the Crocodile Cult?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Of course, because it wouldn't be a great story of geopolitical intrigue without some crooked American politicians wanting their cut of the action and to spin the events for domestic media in a way that benefits them politically. That said, I am glad you appreciate my idea for Moses Magnum, and having that guy as a recurrent challenge for T'Challa would be great. It slightly reminds me of how Black Panther's guest appearance in Iron Man: Armored Adventures made Moses Magnum T'Chaka's killer and thus T'Challa's archenemy.
    Yea Moses Magnum has real potential as a BP rogue and it’s a shame more isn’t done with him. That’s not even getting into his WWII history, the dude was basically a soldier for the only other African nation outside Wakanda to resist colonialism and betrayed them! It’s been hinted by Namor during the Hudlin run that Azzuri had a more substantial history with the Allied Forces/Invaders than just teaming up with Cap. Though I believe that’s been retconned out. Maybe a younger Magnum encountered Azzuri?

Lots of interesting stuff to do with Magnum, he’s got potential to be a top 5 rogue with his capabilities and resources. That Iron Man cartoon also gave a pretty solid take on him. I don’t remember the full arc but the “blood vibranium” aspect and his relationship with T’Challa were innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    How much do we know about the Crocodile Cult?
    Nothing. According to the Marvel wiki one of those encyclopedias from the 2000s once said there are some Wakandans that worship Sobek but other than that I don’t think we’ve ever seen him or his actual worshippers. In the current pantheon Coates gave us the closest equivalent would be Mujaji since he(she?) is responsible for water and all that stuff. But Mujaji has never taken a crocodile form and the only thing approximating a cult would be the sorcerers of Mujaji that T’Challa called on for aid during Avengers of the New World. They all seemed to die like an issue after their first appearance lol. I think it’s fair to say there is a Crocodile Cult devoted to Sobek or some other crocodile god but we have not seen them on panel nor do we know their traditions or powers.

Hell we don’t know THAT much about the Panther Cult lol. Priest gave us an outline of their ranking system but no one followed up on it. We don’t know what T’Challa’s duties as high priest are and outside the ghost council T’Challa calls upon we haven’t seen any actual members of the Cult do anything. Birnin S’Yan is supposedly the Holy City but we haven’t seen it yet outside a probably non-canon issue of the Soul of the Machine mini. Wakandan religion is very poorly developed as a whole.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-23-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Nothing as of yet. Though I’m hoping the new writer at least clearly likes T’Challa like Narcisse or Redjack.
    Right, at least with a writer somewhat in their mold we could potentially have a decent run after things get started. I'm really wondering what the delay is though. I had a bad thought, what if Marvel sees Coates ludicrous ascension to writer of Superman as evidence they need to get someone else of his ilk.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh...still no news on the BP comic relaunch....?

Carry on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea Moses Magnum has real potential as a BP rogue and it’s a shame more isn’t done with him. That’s not even getting into his WWII history, the dude was basically a soldier for the only other African nation outside Wakanda to resist colonialism and betrayed them! It’s been hinted by Namor during the Hudlin run that Azzuri had a more substantial history with the Allied Forces/Invaders than just teaming up with Cap. Though I believe that’s been retconned out. Maybe a younger Magnum encountered Azzuri?

Lots of interesting stuff to do with Magnum, he’s got potential to be a top 5 rogue with his capabilities and resources. That Iron Man cartoon also gave a pretty solid take on him. I don’t remember the full arc but the “blood vibranium” aspect and his relationship with T’Challa were innovative.

Nothing. According to the Marvel wiki one of those encyclopedias from the 2000s once said there are some Wakandans that worship Sobek but other than that I don’t think we’ve ever seen him or his actual worshippers. In the current pantheon Coates gave us the closest equivalent would be Mujaji since he(she?) is responsible for water and all that stuff. But Mujaji has never taken a crocodile form and the only thing approximating a cult would be the sorcerers of Mujaji that T’Challa called on for aid during Avengers of the New World. They all seemed to die like an issue after their first appearance lol. I think it’s fair to say there is a Crocodile Cult devoted to Sobek or some other crocodile god but we have not seen them on panel nor do we know their traditions or powers.

Hell we don’t know THAT much about the Panther Cult lol. Priest gave us an outline of their ranking system but no one followed up on it. We don’t know what T’Challa’s duties as high priest are and outside the ghost council T’Challa calls upon we haven’t seen any actual members of the Cult do anything. Birnin S’Yan is supposedly the Holy City but we haven’t seen it yet outside a probably non-canon issue of the Soul of the Machine mini. Wakandan religion is very poorly developed as a whole.
    Agreeing with you on Magnum, and that bit of background from WWII could make for some interesting development, insofar as establishing that he feels no real sense of higher loyalty to anything or anyone outside himself and his own aims or ambitions, which would make him potentially as dangerous to his would-be allies as his enemies. As for Wakandan religion getting fleshed out more, considering Kasper Cole was inducted into the Panther Cult as a White Tiger acolyte, that could be a good avenue to start. Are there other White Tiger acolytes waiting in the wings? And what about the Golden Jaguars and Coal Tigers? How exactly do those rankings work? I'd love to see the next (or a future) writer of Black Panther tackle that more.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That movie was made at the same time as Black Panther. So they had ZERO idea of how it would blow up.
    So?

So they use the sidekick from the movie they didn't know would blow up?

That makes even less sense.
    Okeye wasn't even on the Endgame poster and Marvel got called out on it.

which is dumb all around because she was barely in the movie and didn't nothing of consequence.

woke twitter is stupid. She didn't deserve to be on the poster.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

On the comic side of things, we got one more moth to go. The lights at the end of the tunnel guys!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

On the comic side of things, we got one more moth to go. The lights at the end of the tunnel guys!
    hopefully that light isn't a train lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If you're looking for an art book with most of the MU black heroes getting a half splash page, then this is the issue to get. But hes going to have to cramp a lot into the final issue as far as story. Lol

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

With Armor Wars, Secret Invasion, Ironheart, Blade, and Black Panther 2 around the corner, the MCU has more titles with Black people leading the helm than ever before.
    https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/1374663152424607749