Page 215 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    There’s nothing wrong with saying it’s a mantle. At the end of the day it is, but there’s a difference between the “definitive version” and the “successor” that I think most casuals don’t care about because they don’t read comics and aren’t as attached. Which isn’t wrong in itself, it’s a bit unreasonable to ask people to care about a concept they don’t have experience trying to understand, but the gaslighting of long term fans of any criticisms they have of these adaptations does become stupid at a certain point.

The story of Black Panther is at its core the story of T’Challa, even when someone else takes the mantle he is the standard to which they are held and because comics are mostly eternal, he always comes back. That may not be true in the movies, but that arguably highlights why a recast would’ve been ideal in the wake of Boseman’s death, it would’ve allowed T’Challa to become the definitive version of the Black Panther. The way he is in the comics. With that unlikely, we’re faced with a situation where some other character (likely Shuri) ends up being seen as the “true” Black Panther for millions of people because despite a really popular move T’Challa was not cemented in the role for a long enough period of time. He never got the chance to undergo the arcs and complexity that characters like Tony and Steve got, which will hurt the character going forward in ways I don’t think many non-BP fans care about or understand. Oh well, at least we got the comics lol.
    Yes this is true. It is a mantle BUT it's not a mantle like green lantern. T'Challa was different, from an unbroken line he is a king among kings, even Shuri, both comic and MCU version, isn't as forward thinking as T'Challa. I don't think people have realized just how huge a disservice they are doing to the franchise by trying to make it black star wars instead of focusing on an African man and what it means to be a hero, King, and a good man. We should be exploring what T'Chaka said Your a good man with a good heart, and it's hard for a good man to be king" you can't get that with Shuri, mbaku, nakia, Okoye etc. And to pretend that they can is incredibly stupid and I think they are going to see that T'CHALLA is Wakanda, as RJ put it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, this is way worse than Endgame.

End Game was contrived fan service that lasted all of 2 minutes. In a movie that was pretty much fan service on top of fan service lol. At least all those characters were in the same general location.

This is lasting issue after issue and it isn't even cool lol. And makes no logical sense. In a 5 year saga of books that has been the opposite of fan service and has kept itself away from the rest of the Marvel comic universe on purpose.

This is just silly. This is just Coates trying to get some brownie points on the way out. Superficial garbage.
    I don’t know I felt like in Endgame it posed the question on what all the Male heroes were doing in the female spotlight scene. I get why they wanted the scene it’s just given the context and where they were it was going to be poorly executed.

I’m honestly surprised Coates is still on the BP book it looks like the Captain America fans were lucky given the duration of his run on that.

Black Panther is only a mantle as it pertains to the story of t'challa. At least that's how it's been historically. So when an MCU fan comes and says that the movie showed three different people being the Black Panther thus anybody can be black panther which ultimately is an effort to downplay the importance of the titular character ( t'challa), the same one that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby originally created then they are not technically wrong in story sure but in reality yea no. This isn't even a Spider-Man situation because Marvel hasn't done the work to make it so. Sherry has never been the lead in Black Panthers book even when she was wearing the costume it was still about t'challa. Even Mayberry had the wakandans refusing to call her black panther. The panther God Bast literally decreed that t'challa is the Black Panther and her one true champion despite the hundreds of others that exist within Tchalla's story.

So yeah in story it's definitely a mantle as t'challa's story tells us. But in reality despite the fact that agent Ross and Deadpool have been quote the Black Panther....is it tho?
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-25-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Oh well, at least we got the comics lol.
    At least we got an epic movie that portrayed a rather faithful adaptation from comic T'challa. And while brief, he was still fine in IW/EG and a decent "third wheel" in CW. Of course, as a fanatic I want MOAR!!! but I really liked him in CW and the 6 mins combined in the other two movies was Ok to solid.

A lot of fanbases didn't even get that TBH.

Hell, take Thor. Been what... 6 movies now? And there is a large comic Thor fan base that doesn't like any of it. Now, I am a comic Thor fan and I really like MCU Thor but I can see why they don't or are indifferent. They took a lot of liberties with the character. So yes... they got A LOT of MCU Thor but to them... they never got to see their favorite comic character in all its comic glory. I felt like I at least got that for one movie and change.

Or MCU Spider Stark. Or hell... you could be a comic Drax fan and MCU Drax might as well be a completely different character. Or Mantis. Valkryie. Pym and Janet fans have nothing. Or hell, even in the same franchise... MCU shuri and OG comic shuri are NOTHING alike.

So, glass half full... at least I saw my dude on screen in a very good movie. Sometimes I take a step back and realize that.

then other times I want to burn it all, Killmonger style lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I saw Black Panther 6 times in the theater. Dont like the choices made by Coogler with the franchise or thw main character or the spotlight he gave his friend.....but i saw it 6 times anyway because the Black Panther finally got a movie and it had some great moments for the character.

Movies rarely get characters right so my complaints are only personal (Im glad im not a Hulk fan).

P.s. that said ill be seeing "Black Panther 2:The funeral" absolutely zero times but hope ppl enjoy it.

I do wish Marvel had not abandoned animation, or at least was more willing to do animated stuff that wasn’t just crappy MCU knockoffs. Would love to see an animated adaption of Priest or Hudlin or even just a new take on T’Challa that veers away from the MCU take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I saw Black Panther 6 times in the theater. Dont like the choices made by Coogler with the franchise or thw main character or the spotlight he gave his friend.....but i saw it 6 times anyway because the Black Panther finally got a movie and it had some great moments for the character.

Movies rarely get characters right so my complaints are only personal (Im glad im not a Hulk fan).

P.s. that said ill be seeing "Black Panther 2:The funeral" absolutely zero times but hope ppl enjoy it.
    Least we got Immortal Hulk because good Lord is everything else trash. He’s fallen hard since the 00s when he and Spidey were basically the only two characters who could carry solos on the film side. For all the flaws (and I didn’t think there were that many), the movie cemented BP as an A-Lister. T’Challa is a pop culture icon, no matter how badly Marvel has fumbled to make something of that. He was in three pop culture defining movies, he’ll never fade away entirely no matter what happens next.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If only the T'Challa/BP fanbase was as large and vocal as the Snyder fanbase lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If only the T'Challa/BP fanbase was as large and vocal as the Snyder fanbase lol.
    Right, got their movie released and are still trending on twitter . This isnt the 90s or even the early 2000s. Fans speaking out even if on twitter can move companies who care only about Pr and dollars. As long as enough of them do

And no one gives a damn who Prodigy is. Few BP fans read this book to see black mutants. The only one that makes sense to even feature in the current era is Muti because he’s a citizen. The weather witch and her weird friends have no business in Black Panther stories past this run. If we’re being frank I really only want T’Challa interacting with a couple black heroes period. Blue Marvel, Brother Voodoo, Spectrum, Luke Cage, and Nightshade.

There are already a myriad of white heroes that he either has more established relationships with or should be working alongside more often (Cap, Reed, Tony, Black Bolt, etc) I resent this idea that BP books have to resort to these clearly manufactured “black people unite!!” moments that are hollow and poorly thought out. It’s creatively lazy and only a certain subset of fans online are actually moved by it. That this is being heralded as culturally significant by some in the comic medium is a disgrace and I’m looking forward to this run ending on a low note.
    Big facts can’t be better said & I agree with those would add Blade, Miles, Night Thrasher, Falcon &’Misty to that list

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Don’t know if it’s hilarious or terrifying that people have realized you can cyber bully corporations.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know if it’s hilarious or terrifying that people have realized you can cyber bully corporations.
    Stuff like this have ALWAYS been around.

Social media had bought it to the forefront and put faces to a lot of it.

And in some case the cyber bulling was never to level of Snyder Cut or Gamergate or John Boyega hate.

Some companies pander and the public never notices.

And some stop advertising in some places. When was the last time you saw a 7up tv ad? Colgate? 7up stop doing ads in the USA.

Hulk is just ok for me and I hated Hulk in End Game. Banner in IW/EG was the worst part of the two movies.

I'd rather not have a BP movie than act like the Snyder fans did. No thanks, I have better thinks to do than be that toxic.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hulk is just ok for me and I hated Hulk in End Game. Banner in IW/EG was the worst part of the two movies.

I'd rather not have a BP movie than act like the Snyder fans did. No thanks, I have better thinks to do than be that toxic.
    Captain Marvel no-selling the headbutt was cool, but the Hulk really should have gotten a rematch with Thanos. Thor needed more to do in Endgame too, but there was a lot happening in that movie, those are just my quibbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey Paramount somehow listened to fans when they said that Sonics design needed to be changed so anything is possible.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Thing is, for all their efforts, it didn't work. Nine years later & Monica's talked about as much or more than Wanda, in her own show, and she was only a side character... Has only been featured in a handful of team books, yet is on her way to becoming a household name...

How does Marvel fumble the bag like this?
    White supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The solution is very simple. Did you see how many rave reviews Redjack aka Geoffrey Thorne got from his Black Panther KiB tie in?

How his single issue did more to boost T'Challas profile, capture the character, his supporting cast, and the power of Wakanda while SIMULTANEOUSLY reinforcing why T'Challa is so important to his franchise (his line "The Black Panther IS Wakanda) and why he is the focus then Coates has done in 5 years? Yeah, marvel needs to do more of that. Get RJ on the main BP solo, get a dude like Evan narcisse a side book to build up T'Challa as well and hone his writing skills.

Basically bar people like Coates, Roxanne, Vita, nnedi, and yona, people who dont care about the character and use his world as a mouth piece for their black dysfunctional agenda, an hire people who actually want to elevate T'Challa the character and take him to the next level. It's really not that hard. And again, given how much positive reviews and acclaim he received for his work on BP quest and KiB, I'm utterly shocked Thorne was passed up again for writing the solo.
    Big facts