Page 221 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Popping in just to say I read the most recent BP issue, and while I did enjoy the issue specifically highlighting many of the black characters in Marvel. One small criticism, I hope Cecilia Reyes and especially Monet are included did not see them in the issue. With the limited amount of black characters in comics but more importantly black women with varied identities, personalities, and insights it is very important to me that they aren't forgotten in situations like this that are promoting blackness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Their takeaway from the movie is that ANYONE can be "Black Panther" since it showed 3 different ppl being "black panther" and offered the position to 3 others after Tchalla was seemingly killed in his debut solo movie.

And then there are some whose takeaway was that the movie wasn't even about Tchalla specifically but about "The Mantle of The Black Panther". These are the ppl who never want to see Tchalla recast again (ever) under the claim that they want to honor Boseman but have been vocal about replacing Tchalla anyway with Shuri or Okoye or Killmonger or a brand spanking newly created Marvel mcu character whose name will later be determined.

The problem with that logic is that it means none of the characters are important so long as Wakanda and black culture remains. If thats the case then this is no longer a character driven story (a first for comics) and they are all replaceable by a faceless catsuit and Wakanda forever sales slogan.

Next writer is immensely important since the comics haven't been in good hands for 5 years and the MCUDisney plus version is lost. Need creators who understand the importance of Tchalla on a broader cultural and lingterm economic scale then just black hero of Wakanda. Wakanda forever usnt going to get a specific blsck character to spiderman or batman levels of longevity and signifigance. Tchall was easily well on his way.

Can anyone name another black hero that is capable or on their way to that type of reverence? Tchallas side characters certainly arent getting there
    I mean, no offense, but people gotta be pretty dense of there take away from the movie was that anyone could be BP. It couldn't be any clearer that ONLY T'Challa could be BP. Let's got down the list

"since it showed 3 different ppl being "black panther"

T'Chaka: only in Flash backs, dead the one who created the monster that is Erik kilmonger

Erik: A monster who was going to start WWIII and potentially destroy the world and Wakanda In the process

T'Challa: The only one willing to do the right thing

"and offered the position to 3 others after Tchalla was seemingly killed in his debut solo movie"

Okoye: unable/ unwilling to abandon her duties to the crown and would literally let Wakanda go into war despite knowing it's wrong and could be the death of the nation.

Nakia: Is a spy, has no allies, no power to make any change or actually pose a threat to Erik.

Shuri: (bEcAuSe cOMiCs) was not even in the conversation, no mention, no one was going to even bother

Mbaku: Best candidate, had an army, was a leader, strong enough to oppose Erik. Their own words essentially "A lesser monster of two potential monsters on the thrown".

Mbaku could of had the throne could of left T'Challa the snow and got what he wanted, but he CHOSE WILLINGLY to pass the herb to T'Challa because he knew there literally was no one else who could lead Wakanda better than T'Challa.

All of this (unfortunately) is what T'Chadwick was trying to fight against, truly the man was in 3020 while we were all stuck on 2020, and Hollywood is pushing back against all the glass ceilings he broke and everyone is just following along with it, Feigi, Coogler, everyone who is pushing/going with the no recast and to retire T'Challa are all doing exactly what Chad was fighting to change.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    "Looks at the comments" Yep, essentially what I expected. They aren't praising the issue or the story, or how well T'Challa is portrayed or how powerful the Black Panther is or anything. It's "Coates is great because my favorite character showed up on a splash page, that didn't actually mean anything but we are so starved for seeing Black characters appearing comics that we will take any moldy scraps and praise it as a 5 course gourmet meal!!"

But of course everyone will the ignore the Blatant glaring issue with this and shower Coates with underserved praise

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Popping in just to say I read the most recent BP issue, and while I did enjoy the issue specifically highlighting many of the black characters in Marvel. One small criticism, I hope Cecilia Reyes and especially Monet are included did not see them in the issue. With the limited amount of black characters in comics but more importantly black women with varied identities, personalities, and insights it is very important to me that they aren't forgotten in situations like this that are promoting blackness.
    I mean, would them showing up in a splash page and not saying anything really do anything for those characters?

Glad you enjoyed the issue, but this is just another example with what is wrong with the BP franchise to the core.

It is just used by other fans as an avenue to promote their own black characters. No one gives a crap about the title character.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I gotta say... I just read Coates latest issue... LOL. People are giving Coates credit for this? There was virtually no dialogue, this was all Acuna art carrying this train wreck of a story. Like sweet bast people, Coates must be sore from all the undeserving asspats he gets for other peoples work. It's crazy how what should be an epic final battle between current and future Wakanda can be so... Boring, also I thought this book was called Black Panther...

If I didn't know any better i could of been convinced this was just some random black heroes book and T'Challa just happens to show up. Seriously MoS my man you said it best the 10 or so pages ago about comics 101.

And notice how virtually BP or even actual supporting cast members are at the center. It's a fight for Wakanda yet they are barely present. Coates is trying hard to end this run on a high note though he knows it's going to be a wimper... This is comically bad
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-29-2021 at 08:05 AM.

not to mentioned the 1 page conversatin between Killmonger/T'challa would mean more if this was still the empire killmonger lol.

Still don't understand why the killed off empMonger lol

EDIT: and we already saw a new, unaccounted for army show up to help t'challa before.

Twice.

Force Ghosts in Season 1

zombies in Hickman.

We've seen this song and dance already.

not to mentioned it is "taken" from Lord of the Rings anyway
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-29-2021 at 08:14 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Acuna does have that fire art though. Too bad it can't be "focused" more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Can you please rephrase that question in the form of a song?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    not to mentioned the 1 page conversatin between Killmonger/T'challa would mean more if this was still the empire killmonger lol.

Still don't understand why the killed off empMonger lol

EDIT: and we already saw a new, unaccounted for army show up to help t'challa before.

Twice.

Force Ghosts in Season 1

zombies in Hickman.

We've seen this song and dance already.

not to mentioned it is "taken" from Lord of the Rings anyway
    I mean this whole run means nothing at all. T'Challa and N'Jadakas interaction is so flat that they may as well not even bothered. Coates has already established Erik as a non credible threat. He only "appears" dangerous because we are told he is and T'Challa and Wakanda are weakened bro make it look som remember S1 when Wakanda was almost brought to it's knee's by a dozen dudes with guns who then later became cheap hulk knock offs? Same thing here. This threat is hardly something that requires a call of all the Black heroes, many whom have never interacted with T'Challa or have any business being in Wakanda at all.

As for the run as a whole, Coates has taken childish gambino's "This is america" and remixed it to Wakanda. The run has been relying on cheap gimmicks since S2, it's an incoherent mess, and frankly the plot has moved so little since basically the start that nothing is established. At the end of the day when this run ends little of anything other than aesthetics will be remembered. There is no defining moment at all that makes this run stand out (at least nothing positive) and out it on the tier of priest or hudlin. People claim it's groundbreaking but cannot say what makes it so, and the few that try clearly have not read anything prior to Coates

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "Looks at the comments" Yep, essentially what I expected. They aren't praising the issue or the story, or how well T'Challa is portrayed or how powerful the Black Panther is or anything. It's "Coates is great because my favorite character showed up on a splash page, that didn't actually mean anything but we are so starved for seeing Black characters appearing comics that we will take any moldy scraps and praise it as a 5 course gourmet meal!!"

But of course everyone will the ignore the Blatant glaring issue with this and shower Coates with underserved praise
    we have to remember tchalla is the nucleus that makes everything work. with prodigy efforts incapable in turning the tide now its up to tchalla to throw hands. it should be epic as that issue was.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-29-2021 at 11:00 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I found the answer in the version of a song

Lol *pulls out a tamberine*

I mean, no offense, but people gotta be pretty dense of there take away from the movie was that anyone could be BP. It couldn't be any clearer that ONLY T'Challa could be BP. Let's got down the list

"since it showed 3 different ppl being "black panther"

T'Chaka: only in Flash backs, dead the one who created the monster that is Erik kilmonger

Erik: A monster who was going to start WWIII and potentially destroy the world and Wakanda In the process

T'Challa: The only one willing to do the right thing

"and offered the position to 3 others after Tchalla was seemingly killed in his debut solo movie"

Okoye: unable/ unwilling to abandon her duties to the crown and would literally let Wakanda go into war despite knowing it's wrong and could be the death of the nation.

Nakia: Is a spy, has no allies, no power to make any change or actually pose a threat to Erik.

Shuri: (bEcAuSe cOMiCs) was not even in the conversation, no mention, no one was going to even bother

Mbaku: Best candidate, had an army, was a leader, strong enough to oppose Erik. Their own words essentially "A lesser monster of two potential monsters on the thrown".

Mbaku could of had the throne could of left T'Challa the snow and got what he wanted, but he CHOSE WILLINGLY to pass the herb to T'Challa because he knew there literally was no one else who could lead Wakanda better than T'Challa.

All of this (unfortunately) is what T'Chadwick was trying to fight against, truly the man was in 3020 while we were all stuck on 2020, and Hollywood is pushing back against all the glass ceilings he broke and everyone is just following along with it, Feigi, Coogler, everyone who is pushing/going with the no recast and to retire T'Challa are all doing exactly what Chad was fighting to change.
    Yup. Went from shattering a glass ceiling to being put back into a tidy little diversity Project Box that marvel can point to and tout as Dr Strange, Spiderman, Thor, and Carol save the day

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    we have to remember tchalla is the nucleus that makes everything work. with prodigy efforts incapable in turning the tide now its up to tchalla to throw hands. it should be epic as that issue was.
    Prodigy, like 98% of the black heroes who showed up in the issue, have not been in this series at all for the last 5 years. Yet they are all now showing up? Miss me with that nonsense. This is is a Wakanda vs future Wakanda issue.

These characters don't make any sort of impact other then to try and help this series not end In a whimper (it still is). Again no one cares about T'Challa or his franchise they are praising the fact that other heroes are showing up to get "elevated" in T'Challas book while he and Wakanda are weakened to make the threat ( which is also isht) appear more credible then it actually is while T'Challa doesn't do anything the entire book. Where do we see Wakanda unleashed? The full power of Wakanda on display with T'Challa leading in the front lines on panel handling business?

Redjack 100% had zero issue showing Wakanda unleashed in 1 single issue, something Coates has failed at for the past 5 years. I don't read BP to see Storm get feats with Monica or really any side characters while T'Challa is nowhere to be seen in his own book. Period end of story.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 03-29-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Prodigy, like 98% of the black heroes who showed up in the issue, have not been in this series at all for the last 5 years. Yet they are all now showing up? Miss me with that nonsense. This is is a Wakanda vs future Wakanda issue. These characters don't make any sort of impact other then to try and help this series not end In a whimper (it still is). Again no one cares about T'Challa or his franchise they are praising the fact that other heroes are showing up to get "elevated" in T'Challas book while he and Wakanda are weakened to make the threat ( which is also isht) appear more credible then it actually is while T'Challa doesn't do anything the entire book. Where do we see Wakanda unleashed? The full power of Wakanda on display with T'Challa leading in the front lines on panel handling business? Redjack 100% had zero issue showing Wakanda unleashed in 1 single issue, something Coates has failed at for the past 5 years. I don't read BP to see Storm get feats with Monica or really any side characters while T'Challa is nowhere to be seen in his own book. Period end of story.
    Gave Prodigy an whole issue showcase for a plan that didn't even work lol

You could have wrote the exact same issue and took out Prodigy and no one would have known the difference. I mean literally.

It could hav ebeen T'challa narrating battle plans and strategy instead.

Coates literally wrote this issue for Prodigy for some reason in his second to last issue lol.

his dedication to the Xmen is impressive at this point
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 03-29-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Okay, glad to see most of you thought it was whack too. T'Challa and Wakanda at large were better portrayed in the KIB one shot, as far as I am concerned. Thank the Goddess Coates will be gone soon. Who gets carte blanche to do a BP run just as he's breaking through the global consciousness[thanks to the MCU] and decides to make Wakanda a nation of rapists, colonizers, and slavers? Make their salvation completely dependant on foreign aide [in the form of mostly American superheroes]? How did this get greenlit?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!