Page 224 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324724 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would say rise and BP vs DP.

Shuri book turned her into a whiny brat. Claiming she was born the wrong gender and T'Challa somehow held disdain for her when they were younger because she saved him. Among other bullshit. The IDW book was bad from the drop as wel. Tried to reinforce that only Shuri was a genius and T'Challa was simply king and BP (and not a very good BP since he needed to be saved from some random miner).

I take it back, there were 4 titles that did alright for T'Challa.
    Rise
    BP vs DP
    Soul of a machine
    Sound and fury

BP Solo, BP wow, long live, Shuri, IDW, Wakanda forever, BP crew. All of those **** on T'Challa and the franchise as a whole and added nothing of benefit to the mythos

WoW #6 was good. I liked Ghost Panther. And the Annual with Hudlin, Priest, and McGregor was good

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    WoW #6 was good. I liked Ghost Panther. And the Annual with Hudlin, Priest, and McGregor was good
    Ah I forgot those. Yeah wow 6 though is pretty much its own 1 shot. I wouldn't even call it part of that series. Gp and the annual were solid.

But those we're also all 1 shots too. All the mini's save rise and soul were all isht.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Didn't World of Wakanda #6 bring back Kasper Cole, too? I was looking forward to seeing what became of him after his debut run under Priest and T'Challa finally formally taking him under his wing, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Didn't World of Wakanda #6 bring back Kasper Cole, too? I was looking forward to seeing what became of him after his debut run under Priest and T'Challa finally formally taking him under his wing, so to speak.
    Yeah, that's his return issue. If it did well, Browne hinted that there might have been more to come. But being a standalone story and a final issue of a canceled series is like a show airing a new episode during the Superbowl. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 03-30-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Yeah, that's his return issue. If it did well, Browne hinted that there might have been more to come. But being a standalone story and a final issue of a canceled series is like a show airing a new episode during the Superbowl. Lol
    It did work for Spider-Man all those decades ago. Maybe they figured they'd be able to do the same here, especially since Priest did admit at one point to creating Kasper as a slightly more cynical riff on Spider-Man's familiar status quo --- a costumed hero exploiting his alter ego's abilities and adventures for the sake of personal advancement to support himself (and his loved ones) in unmasked life.

Cited from Christopher Priest's website digital-priest.com, specifically the article The Black Panther: Black & White, "Tom DeFalco once taught me that Spider-Man's motivation for being Spider-Man was to patrol the city looking for crimes so he could photograph himself in the act of stopping the crimes and sell the photos to Jameson to raise money to pay his rent which was always late. Kasper's motive is to wear the costume so he won't be recognized by the good guys or the bad guys as he goes about cleaning up his precinct so he can get a promotion to Detective so he can make enough money to marry his pregnant girlfriend and move them all out of Harlem."
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 03-30-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Incredible Member

I liked The Crew but it was marketed wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    It was written wrong too. Lol

Incredible Member

Lol it was cool imo.

During peak LUke Cage netflix, should had a new Crew be lead by Cage.

Cage, Misty, Cloak, Night Thrasher, Kasper or something.

You know, a street level black team that actually makes sense to be in NYC lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Lol it was cool imo.
    It was cool for everyone except T'Challa. Kn every issue each character was introduced, there reason for being there and they got a cool action sequence. T'Challa? Pined after Storm, said he was too afraid to save his marriage, got talked down to by an old lady and... Sang. Everyone else got kickass action scenes and T'Challa sang a damn song... I cringed so hard when I watched a YouTube video try and spin that **** issue onto something good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Black Panther and the Crew should’ve been the equivalent to Batman and the Outsiders. Like how Bruce used a specialized team of heroes to act clandestinely and separate from the League, T’Challa should’ve assembled heroes (most of whom happened to be black) that could act as his personal squad, handling missions on a need to know basis.

That’s basically what we got with BP and the Agents of Wakanda but the characters they used were mostly D-listers. But that name I feel has more marketability than the Crew even if it’s a bit derivative. So if they were gonna do another all black team I’d like if they used AOW. But honestly I’m tired of all black team-ups as far as BP is concerned lol. He’s leading the Avengers now so it makes sense that if there were more guest appearances in the next solo they’d be from his primary allies like Cap, Tony, Thor, and Carol. I’d be more interested in that than seeing Prodigy and Frenzy, and they’d probably do a lot more to stabilize sales.

I still want my Brother Voodoo, Luke Cage, and Blue Marvel team ups don’t get me wrong. But the BP solo doesn’t need to feel obligated to prove its blackness/wokeness by throwing in random black characters from other franchises or ignoring T’Challa’s many connections to heroes of other races. He’s not just a black hero, he’s a global hero and his relationships should reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Black Panther and the Crew should’ve been the equivalent to Batman and the Outsiders. Like how Bruce used a specialized team of heroes to act clandestinely and separate from the League, T’Challa should’ve assembled heroes (most of whom happened to be black) that could act as his personal squad, handling missions on a need to know basis.

That’s basically what we got with BP and the Agents of Wakanda but the characters they used were mostly D-listers. But that name I feel has more marketability than the Crew even if it’s a bit derivative. So if they were gonna do another all black team I’d like if they used AOW. But honestly I’m tired of all black team-ups as far as BP is concerned lol. He’s leading the Avengers now so it makes sense that if there were more guest appearances in the next solo they’d be from his primary allies like Cap, Tony, Thor, and Carol. I’d be more interested in that than seeing Prodigy and Frenzy, and they’d probably do a lot more to stabilize sales.

I still want my Brother Voodoo, Luke Cage, and Blue Marvel team ups don’t get me wrong. But the BP solo doesn’t need to feel obligated to prove its blackness/wokeness by throwing in random black characters from other franchises or ignoring T’Challa’s many connections to heroes of other races. He’s not just a black hero, he’s a global hero and his relationships should reflect that.
    I like both of those ideas. Would be cool to see, depending on if Marvel gets the nerve to try again with Black Panther spinoffs, but works them out better than the last try.

Honestly one of his best all black team ups was hudlins 4 the hard way. T'Challa, blade, voodoo, Luke and Monica. Honestly that's a good group right there. And it wasn't forced. Any team up is fine as long as they don't force the interaction

A book where T'challa teams up with various heroes for different arcs would be fun. And there is a history of "team up books." Savage Wolveine was one... each arc he had a different team mate.

T'challa can dabble in so many different "types" of books because he does a little bit of everything.

So arc one (say 3-4 issues) would be T'challa in NYC, teaming up with Cage and Kasper.

arc two... investigating a mystical threat with Voodoo and say... Moon Knight, Blade, or Strange.

arc three... science bros with Reed and Stark

arc 4... cosmic fun with Adam and Monica.

arc 5... meeting with Kings with Thor, Namor, Doom, BB or whatever.

Arc 6... murdertime with Black Bolt

Never happen, but fun in fantasy land lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'challa is a Godzilla fan right? Ain't no way he is rooting for a giant gorilla lol