Page 233 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 15079

too many potential landmines in here. Guess I'm gonna be out till I get Disney+
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Im not offened. lol

I just find it funny that people say they're finished with the MCU then proceed to comment about what happens in it.

I want ya'll to keep that 'finished' energy and not relapse. lol
    I'm finished in the sense that I'm no longer personally invested in the story since they removed the character that best represents me from the entire thing. The same way Deadpool fans would be if Marvel decided not to carry over the character into their universe. This same character best represented Chadwick Boseman too and it represents a lot of different black men who don't vibe to the same thing that every other black man vibes to. We are not all the same. Im dis-invested The same way Spider-Man fans would be if Peter Parker was removed despite there being other Spider-Man and other white characters for them to root for. The list goes on and on with the most iconic characters they have of which t'challa was one.

I'll still pay attention to the surrounding Marvel universe as I have in comics for my entire life but I'm not personally invested in any of them I'll let them entertain me if it's possible. But as far as black panthers universe is concerned I'm not spending any money on their product and I'm not supporting any of the direction that they're going because that's my right as a consumer to choose what I want to spend my money on. I haven't watched the Winter Soldier because it involves stolen wakandan themes like Zemo being the killer of Tchallas father but Tchalla not being allowed to exist anymore to rectify or monitor that. That doesn't entertain me and neither does an appearance from a random dora who ppl seem to have a hard time naming.
    Conversely, I did watch Scarlet Witch and vision. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was great. And I'll be watching other Marvel properties as well. I don't think anyone called for a full boycott here.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-02-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm finished in the sense that I'm no longer personally invested in the story since they removed the character that best represents me from the entire thing. The same way Deadpool fans would be if Marvel decided not to carry over the character into their universe. This same character best represented Chadwick Boseman too and it represents a lot of different black men who don't vibe to the same thing that every other black man vibes to. We are not all the same. Im dis-invested The same way Spider-Man fans would be if Peter Parker was removed despite there being other Spider-Man and other white characters for them to root for. The list goes on and on with the most iconic characters they have of which t'challa was one.

I'll still pay attention to the surrounding Marvel universe as I have in comics for my entire life but I'm not personally invested in any of them I'll let them entertain me if it's possible. But as far as black panthers universe is concerned I'm not spending any money on their product and I'm not supporting any of the direction that they're going because that's my right as a consumer to choose what I want to spend my money on. I haven't watched the Winter Soldier because it involves stolen wakandan themes like Zemo being the killer of Tchallas father but Tchalla not being allowed to exist anymore to rectify or monitor that. That doesn't entertain me and neither does an appearance from a random dora who ppl seem to have a hard time naming.
    Conversely, I did watch Scarlet Witch and vision. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was great. And I'll be watching other Marvel properties as well. I don't think anyone called for a full boycott here.
    Exactly, I’m boycotting Black Panther’s side of the MCU until Marvel ever changes their mind about recasting. Other Marvel properties are fair game.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    One of the big "legit" rumor guys denied what you were thinking already.

https://twitter.com/_charlesmurphy/s...656847363?s=21

And also, the director (or writer can't remember) said he would love for this mystery character to hang out with Thor in the future and... yeah... that ain't happening.

Also, under spoilers just in case

spoilers:
    It has been heavily hinted it is a Woman.

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/s...09470429712387

So if anything, Shuri would fit that description better.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Might be Okoye or Shuri. Dunno if either would be a mind blowing reveal to audiences tho. That Thor hint makes me think of Storm lol.
    end of spoilers

Not getting any hopes up, but I'm not sure if I'm trusting anybody either especially after what happened with Wandavision lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    spoilers:
    Might be Okoye or Shuri. Dunno if either would be a mind blowing reveal to audiences tho. That Thor hint makes me think of Storm lol.
    end of spoilers

Not getting any hopes up, but I'm not sure if I'm trusting anybody either especially after what happened with Wandavision lol.
    I think "mindblowing" is marketing language

They don't care if you are disappointed, just that you keep watching lol

In this day and age, the only thing that would blow my mind would be character that should be dead lol. So, if Black Widow (Natasha) shows up, i'll be mindblown lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I really don't understand this notion some folk have that we are all going to see the movie anyway no matter how much we are dissatisfied with the product. Where did that type of thinking come from? And why would I?

I'm not asking for the movie to fail by any means although Id be slightly amused at Marvel's arrogance.

Seeing a side character pop up in another side characters TV show is cool. But where is t'challa? Where is the Black Panther to avenge his father's death. The story is damaged
    Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1377992828576530432

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Exactly, I’m boycotting Black Panther’s side of the MCU until Marvel ever changes their mind about recasting. Other Marvel properties are fair game.
    I'm not boycotting it but I won't be supporting it either.

Astonishing Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/late...ck-panther-25/

More delays to the final issue lol. I’m honestly starting to question if we’re getting a relaunch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

More delays to the final issue lol. I’m honestly starting to question if we’re getting a relaunch this year.
    Oh ffs, just put it out of its misery already.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

curiosity Vibranium n 157 (1,17 second)

Ultimate Member

I really don't understand this notion some folk have that we are all going to see the movie anyway no matter how much we are dissatisfied with the product. Where did that type of thinking come from? And why would I?
    It comes from the fact we have fans who only look at the CHARACTER and view that is more than enough to support WHATEVER is being done.
    So from a management standpoint-if I can CRAP on characters no matter what and the sales will be there. I am going to do it.

This is what we see happen to a lot of white characters in comics.

Take the saga know as Wally West. Heroes in Crisis.
    Dick Grayson AKA Ric Grayson.
    X-Men vs Inhumans and that stupid cloud.
    Nazi Cap America
    Teen Titans franchise post 2006
    Bendis Superman & Legion & maybe Young Justice

All that mess SOLD and DESPITE some negative reactions-that stuff STILL found a spot on the shelves in stores. And HOW many threads of complaints and whining did we see? How many complaint threads on BENDIS alone have we seen? Tom King? Aaron? Lodbell?
    Yet MONTH after MONTH someone goes to the store and BUYS those books.

Meanwhile
    Coates Black Panther
    New 52 Static Shock
    DCYOU/Rebirth Cyborg
    Treatment of Wallace West, Duke Thomas, John Stewart, Vixen and Cyborg and so on.

How many times has someone MARCHED into this thread or John Stewart's or Cyborg's threads-ORDERING fans to accept how bad their favorites have been treated and GET OVER IT. They were NOT real fans if they were NOT buying the books. How many times have our BLACKNESS been questioned? How many times have we been told to accept SCRAPS?

We (fans of black characters) seem to be the ONLY ones who are not willing to accept CRAP. We walk away or at least finish an arc.

This book should be a LESSON to Marvel. A BADLY done Batman book will still see 60-100K and pack bins (to no complaints by store owners). Black Panther can't do that. No book should do that. Indy books are NOT packing bins like Marvel & DC.

Fans have to learn to walk away. If Panther is being CRAPPED on in his OWN book-I don't care if Storm or Prodigy or STATIC is in the book. It's a PASS. Lectures will not make any difference. SNIDE comments are not going to make a difference.

It's still Black Panther's BOOK. Storm or Prodigy not having one is not a problem Wakanda needs to solve. That is an X-Office issue.

For all the cries of black excellence and Marvel better notice-they DO.

They notice that 13K sales number. They notice those LOW sales.

Astonishing Member

What are y’all thoughts on John Ridley writing BP? I’ve been really unimpressed with his Batman stories so far and while History of the DC Universe has been great it’s a far cry from how I’d want a T’Challa comic written lol. Apparently he’s supposed to be doing some work for Marvel and with his credentials and interests I think he’s a likely option for BP. I don’t know how much of the Coates stuff he’ll keep but he does seem to do a decent job of character focus and pacing.

Swear to God if they delay the announcement for the next team... What the hell is going on?
    What are y’all thoughts on John Ridley writing BP? I’ve been really unimpressed with his Batman stories so far and while History of the DC Universe has been great it’s a far cry from how I’d want a T’Challa comic written lol. Apparently he’s supposed to be doing some work for Marvel and with his credentials and interests I think he’s a likely option for BP. I don’t know how much of the Coates stuff he’ll keep but he does seem to do a decent job of character focus and pacing.
    I like him, Other History will be a classic if he can nail the ending. His Batman stuff has just been fine but DC is also over saturated with Batman so it’s hard to really judge his stuff without that overshadowing it. I’m hoping he writes Superman one day, I find his take on Supes fascinating and enjoyed his Blue & Red story. He’s one of those guys who loves deep dives into continuity so I’d be interested to see how he would approach T’Challa. And you wouldn’t have to worry about T’Challa getting sidelined for Storm, Ridley is very much about the black male experience with Jace, Jefferson, and Malcom. I’d pick up his first arc for sure.

Where’d you hear he’s doing Marvel work? It’s not surprising but I’m curious if an announcement was made.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-02-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Im not offened. lol

I just find it funny that people say they're finished with the MCU then proceed to comment about what happens in it.

I want ya'll to keep that 'finished' energy and not relapse. lol
    Again, I think I am one of the only (or only) commenter here who said that they were done with the MCU without T'Challa. And I have been. I haven't watched anything after EG, I haven't watched a ton of the marvel movies, I only watched the avengers because T'Challa was in it. The only thing I would possibly check out is the Wakanda show and even then it would be in a whim.
    No one else that I can recall though has said they are finished with the MCU. I think your mixing "I am not going to watch BPII without T'Challa" with I am finished with the MCU. Even then plenty of people were done with Coates, doesn't mean we don't know what's going on in the book. We keep our selve educated in case a debate breaks out, but that's different from supporting something