Page 238 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 15079

The idea of T'Challa with a harem doesn't sit well with me, because it reminds me FAR too much of Coates' justification for the Midnight Angels revolt...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I have been seeing support for a recast slowly but surely growing. And I feel it’s only gonna get bigger with time as more people heal from Boseman’s passing.
    I have seen this too, I think the more these interviews come out with what is being said from the people who worked with him, the more the recast gets louder, especially Cooglers interviews. Mackies also kinda reinforced the stupidity of the no recast as well

The same people that complain that the role should not be recast are the same ones that will turn around and complain about how there are no roles for black actors in Hollywood and the lack of black creatives not being nominated for awards in general.

Congratulations, you played yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The idea of T'Challa with a harem doesn't sit well with me, because it reminds me FAR too much of Coates' justification for the Midnight Angels revolt...
    Yeah I don't need him with a harem or anything

Just not aesexual lol.

And frankly, it is far down my list of problems with how he is written. It is just weird at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Me neither. I'm not down with the Noble negro Syndrome but I don't want T'Challa having a bunch of "women in waiting" for him when he needs relief. Totally uncool.

He should have relations and relationships no doubt but a harem is totally unnecessary and unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I have seen this too, I think the more these interviews come out with what is being said from the people who worked with him, the more the recast gets louder, especially Cooglers interviews. Mackies also kinda reinforced the stupidity of the no recast as well
    Let the momentum continue to build.

As it's been mentioned, rule of 3,

Main LI (whom he will end up with in the end after the relationship develops naturally)

His catwoman

And his wild one we know is just a one time hook up.

Hell I am fine if he only had one main LI that we see him actually in a relationship with, so long as he is seen as desireable. Priest and Hudlin had zero issue showing this in their runs at all, despite him being mainly focused on one woman.

No one here wants T'Challa to have a harem we just don't want him to be asexual. I brought up the harem thing because I said in real life there would be a very high chance of T'Challa having one due to the history of powerful African rulers in the past having them including the non-Muslim ones and even monarchy in Africa today like the king of Swaziland. But like said T'Challa doesn't need to have a harem nor should he. But the fact that T'Challa is asexual if he's not with Storm seems unrealistic imo. A man with his position should be in a relationship like others mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    No one here wants T'Challa to have a harem we just don't want him to be asexual. I brought up the harem thing because I said in real life there would be a very high chance of T'Challa having one due to the history of powerful African rulers in the past having them including the non-Muslim ones and even monarchy in Africa today like the king of Swaziland. But like said T'Challa doesn't need to have a harem nor should he. But the fact that T'Challa is asexual if he's not with Storm seems unrealistic imo. A man with his position should be in a relationship like others mentioned.
    Yeah, we all share the same frustration of T'Challa not having a consistent LI, one from his own franchise. I don't have a problem with him having casual relationships either. I just don't like the idea of him having booty-calls on retainer.

TBH, getting rid of Monica Lynne was a mistake.

She may have been "boring" but so are Lois Lane and MJ.

She should have been the Queen.

Storm should have been the unspoken thing in the past that Monica felt threatened by but both Storm and T'challa would never do anything with.

Then insert the Catwoman type for the past that loves rubbing it in Monica's face that she was around before Monica and there you go.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-04-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    TBH, getting rid of Monica Lynne was a mistake.

She may have been "boring" but so are Lois Lane and MJ.

She should have been the Queen.

Storm should have been the unspoken thing in the past that Monica felt threatened by but both Storm and T'challa would never do anything with.

Then insert the Catwoman type for the past that loves rubbing it in Monica's face that she was around before Monica and there you go.
    If they kept Monica, they needed a way to make her interesting. I think the problem is that once they got rid of Monica, they never replaced her. There should have been someone else ready to step in and fill the void. Someone from his own franchise like Zanda or Malaika.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they kept Monica, they needed a way to make her interesting. I think the problem is that once they got rid of Monica, they never replaced her. There should have been someone else ready to step in and fill the void. Someone from his own franchise like Zanda or Malaika.
    I still think they should have just said "Malakia" is a code name, because there are too many Wakandan girls named after the great Queen Nakia (the first female Black Panther).

Incredible Member

Nope. And not to cause drama in this thread but outside of Storm.... T'Challa has been written as "asexual." T'Challa is the richest person on Marvel Earth who is king of the most advanced nation and yet outside of Storm he has been written as asexual ever since the Hudlin run. Why can Wolverine, Tony Stark and others can be written as ladys men but not T'Challa? Not trying to objectify women but just a thing I notice. The White male characters get to be written like "jocks" and yet T'Challa who is the true definition of a so called "high value man" is written as asexual. Again just a small thing I noticed.
    Kevin Samuels sipping on that red bull.

I still think they should have just said "Malakia" is a code name, because there are too many Wakandan girls named after the great Queen Nakia (the first female Black Panther).
    They could have done something where Wakanda has it's own version of the Red Room and each agent has some codename to protect their real identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I was hoping the sequel would have explored part of T'Challa's past where we see him as a student and his relationship with Nikki Adams. Could have been a brief social commentary on interracial relationships.
    No good would come that & it’s imo on those things CJP added randomly to appeal to unfans/ppl who would never be true fans of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    maybe tchalla is a gentleman and not a sex-crazed guy who runs through women like a new pair of shoes discarded after a week of use?
    Use the word gentleman with the word Simp or how you would prefer it constantly simppin for O for the rest of his comic book life. Broken up she’s 1st time she’s had quite a few flings and love interest as well BP has not because Sarheterosexual black male sexuality is threatening..

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Monica Lynne
    Malaika (I’d like to see her become the new Malice)
    Princess Zanda
    Nightshade
    Adrienne Brashear

Pick 3. One as the primary love interest, another as the Catwoman, the third as the toxic hookup he gets to have once every run lol. Not hard to introduce decent love interests for a character that has a new lease on life as a single man and after having recently saved his kingdom from invasion. The next run should go 3-4 arcs before trying to bring in romance as there are far more important things to fix with the character post-Coates, but all the characters I named are alive and bring something unique to the table as lovers. Just pick 3 and do them justice.

“Gentlemen” have casual sex all the time lol. Ain’t nothing dishonorable about two consenting adults being intimate once they’ve felt a basic connection. Now that T’Challa’s single again there’s no real excuse for the character to not eventually start dating again once the necessary house cleaning is done at the start of the relaunch (streamline supporting cast, establish villains, give him back his poker face, etc.) I agree T’Challa isn’t a womanizer so I don’t think he should be with a new woman every arc or anything but c’mon it’s long past time for him to develop romantic connections that aren’t Storm and that have more time to develop than NuNakia.

BP : definitely needs a new main black/African love interest & needs it ASAP.. Faster/sooner that’s is solidified the sooner we can move on from this O mess. O -is the toxic rship/ex that’s needs not to be seen again, Zanda, Deadly Doc Nightshade & Adrienne/Blue Marvel daughter can be wildcard/fwbs/hooks up ( show why there’s potential but also why it won’t work out while it cool/casual). If it was up to me Malaika ( who MCU Nakia is 80-90% base on ) would be it but we all know we can’t have nice things due to marvel & her creator issues with each other. So new Croc Avatar/character take the lead at 1st pic. QDJ & Ashaa would work better in certain ways but with QDJ u definitely have to recon a few things/say her current age & BP aswell has changed on panel due to him reshaping the universe after SW. With Ashaa don’t think we been told her age other then she younger character who’s not teen but I could be wrong but if always fail you can do what TNC did he recon Akena from looking like a 40-50 years to younger then BP lol & had Shuri looking/seemly same age BP then boom movie rush she drawn from anything form 12-24 smh lol that’s need to be fix to asap imo.

I like Kwezi Dzana he has potential if it was up to me I’d reveal him as Jakarra son that’s BP has been raising/taken off panel ( since his birth) & now that he’s a teen BP make him protégé because he see his true potential, to make sure he safely away from his evil bro/evil bro follow. That way later on if you want to you can do a story where the BP officially adopt him /names him his son or air or whatever or not but it’s give you the story option. Also you that way you could give a instant kid with making him look like dead beat popz or time travel. I’m not against time travel kids but they usually have to go back at home or etc in the long term from a narrative perspective or they being there making there that’s a different timeline and no longer the real thing.

Ive never been to big on Ms.Lynn always thought she work been as Cage or Falcon love interest due Time in which she was created her occupation and lack of powers.
    But at this point any almost any Black/African female character not name O or ain’t a x-men/mutant is a come up. I’d take a Wakanda pig farmer over her at this point

I like how you think

One of the best ideas I’ve heard
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 04-04-2021 at 08:52 AM.