Page 247 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It boils down to what CM Punk said about Vince-a millionaire who should be a billionaire.

What does Feige want to be? Looks like he wants to be the millionaire. I am sure Disney doesn't.

Let me share something...

https://twitter.com/DavidWalker1201/...28003617648642

And we saw what was done to Cyborg. Isn't that what we are dealing with the last 5 years.

We keep hearing this term of MONEY and that is all that matters.

So why are we seeing the crap that we are seeing?

Is money only important when it comes from CERTAIN sources?
    Short answer. Yes

It's fiscally better for them to kill Tchalla (their highest grossing solo chatacter ever) off than to be forced to pay the actor (new or old) RDJ level money. Why do that when they can Proclaim that the real star of the movie was the fictional land of wakanda (which doesn't get a paycheck) and render the hero a replaceable "mantle" in case any new leads get the notion that they deserve a fair share of those billions?

As unprecedented as this is, its the only time Feigie leaked future plans for a franchise so openly by proclaiming to the heavens that there will never be another Tchalla (aka true lead black A-list hero) because guess what, the new actor in that role will eventually keep making billions on the franchise since the IP IS SO STRONG that it will always bank when done properly no matter the director or actors name. (No disrespect to Chad as he was magnificent)

Anyone here think one of the supporting cast members who are getting a bigger spotlight are gonna command Downey type contracts?

For the life of me, I can't understand why any black person supports this. If t'challa is replaceable and they can still make a decent profit while the growth and the storyline is stunted then what makes any of these No Name characters worth anything at all? People don't even know the difference between Okoye and Ayo.

But folks keep sipping that Disney kool-aid and cheering for typical Hollywood racism. Peter Parker is forever...Bruce Wayne is forever....joker....think wolverine and Deadpool will never be recast? No white fictional icons will ever die. We will probably see a new Wonderwoman in 7-10 years despite how much ppl loooove Gadot.

There are literally Zero other movies that are about a mantle and not a character. It's a pretty standard operating procedure for comics and comic book movies to be character-driven rather than having an empty costume be the true protagonist

Dont get me started on Vince lol
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-06-2021 at 11:00 PM.

edit nvm.........
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Noble negroes is a trope where they tend to sacrifice themselves for a white protagonist. And I am not sure T'Challa was being no le when he seemed to be making the moves on Sue Richards once upon a time. Or was it still Sue Storm?
    There is No white protagonist in BP.... Tchalla/BP is the protagonist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So who should he hook up with that isn’t Storm? For long term flings it’s probably better to avoid major A-List superheroines since that runs the risk of repeating what happened with Storm. Wasp (Janet) is an example of someone where there could be a long term relationship with another superheroine since she’s not a major player and isn’t currently entangled with someone.
    Oh hell no to Wasp..... No no noooope!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I like the idea of someone magical, like Talisman or Topaz. It gives them a niche that doesn't overshadow him.
    That's also a nope to Talisman and Topaz.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    See Roy Thomas' Black Panther.

Anti-Noble Negro is not thuggish.
    Details please on your issue with Roy Thomas Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Zanda is my pick.
    Hmm....only if she has powers like in Panther Quest animated series but even then she's last resort pick for BP as his unrelenting ex.

Mighty Member

Jean Grey? We just got rid of one mutant, we don't need no mo' drama!
    Agreed and co-signed .....why the eff would we want another one of Wolveriene's ...eh..."lovers"?!?

But I am not against mutant being with BP, just one who isn't and/or hasn't been involved with the X-Men and operates from a different corner of the MU.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    As long as she gets shape shifting powers like in RJ’s version. And I’m not gonna lie, back when the inhumans push was still going strong, I had an idea of turning Monica Lynne into an Inhuman. As for a fling, well maybe Misty Knight? Lol.
    Agreed on Zanda and I also said the same thing about Monica but perhaps more unique to make her stand out like perhaps being an inhuman/eternal hybrid which would make her more than just a superpowered love interest.

That's a no on Misty!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    T’Challa going on dates with women from the other Wakandan tribes would be a good way to combine character development and worldbuilding in an organic way.
    Nope!!!

1)- That will only create a foundation for another "no one man" nonsense due to the implication that no one/Wakandan female can say no the the king of/when he chooses to date them thus forcing Wakandan women to date him under duress of obedience to royalty.

Next thing you know some writer and fans will say BP is a women abusing totalitarian rapist.

2) -Tchalla should date someone from outside Wakanda who adds to BP mythos beyond just being a love interest. Someone who ticks all the right boxes just like Storm did. It's sad and immensely painful how the X-side went to great lengths to ridicule and butcher that relationship.

3) - I suggest a love interest that can give BP a power couple dynamic within the MU. It doesn't have to be someone directly from another franchise ...she can come from a new section of the MU created for the BP mythos which can later expand and/or have a spin-off which expands and diversifies BP mythos.

The love interest should also bring a powerful backstory and/or connections beyond just being a singer from the U.S (Monica Lynne).

The love interest with the above attributes can even be a brand new character.....why I chose Monica (or even Malaika) is because of prior history with BP makes for more organic foundation storyline to add the aforementioned developments.

Mighty Member

Fellow Wakandans,

Across the many BP group threads on this website- CBR , some great story concepts for BP were created.

1) - Long before TNC We created the Inter-galactic Empire of Wakanda /IGEW first proposed/discussed by either Majestik or Silverzeal way back in the day. It was picked up by TNC and ruined. However I still believe this concept can still work who is smart enough to make the necessary alterations. Apparently Hickman also had plans to create IGEW until he was made head writer in Chief of the X-verse.

2) - I had proposed that Wakanda also have their own X-Men/inhuman type group. The foundations do this has already been given foothold in BP based on characters like Vibraxas and the "vibranium mutate" story from some 80s BP comic. The idea is that vibranium being in very close proximity, constant mining and repetitive use of such a powerful and large collection of vibranium for millenia will have some genetic effect on some of the Wakandan population.

This is were the proposed v-gene creates superpowered Wakandans which opens a whole section of exploration for the BP mythos from the perspective of national leadership which is different from the X-Men where only gave views from the point of victimisation.

Additionally it opens a whole new world of BP as a resource plus it only makes Wakanda MORE POWERFUL as a nation.

NOTE: I can't take full credit for this idea because I so believe someone else may have propose it before I did.

3) - Gentle as a Wakandan spy within the X-Men and thus within Krakoa. His backstory so far revealed to be cover up whereby Gentle's mother who "hates" him is actually his spy handle part of an international combined hatute zeraze/DM spy network.

4) - Exploring the off-world origins of Vibranium... But I don't really recall the various proposed concepts for this one. How or where do u think/want vibranium to origin from?

5) What other story concepts would you like to see the explored in BP?

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Nope!!!

1)- That will only create a foundation for another "no one man" nonsense due to the implication that no one/Wakandan female can say no the the king of/when he chooses to date them thus forcing Wakandan women to date him under duress of obedience to royalty.

Next thing you know some writer and fans will say BP is a women abusing totalitarian rapist.

2) -Tchalla should date someone from outside Wakanda who adds to BP mythos beyond just being a love interest. Someone who ticks all the right boxes just like Storm did. It's sad and immensely painful how the X-side went to great lengths to ridicule and butcher that relationship.

3) - I suggest a love interest that can give BP a power couple dynamic within the MU. It doesn't have to be someone directly from another franchise ...she can come from a new section of the MU created for the BP mythos which can later expand and/or have a spin-off which expands and diversifies BP mythos.

The love interest should also bring a powerful backstory and/or connections beyond just being a singer from the U.S (Monica Lynne).

The love interest with the above attributes can even be a brand new character.....why I chose Monica (or even Malaika) is because of prior history with BP makes for more organic foundation storyline to add the aforementioned developments.
    It only creates an issue if people are lame about it. Malaika was Wakandan, and in that long live series, I forget her name but the woman who was in the mute zone, his ex, was Wakandan as well. You just have to make it so they aren't all like "My king" and star struck. They treat him like a normal person and aren't afraid to say no to him or do their own thing. Like his relationship with MCU Nakia. There was nothing wrong with that. No one man was just some Coates self hating bullisht. But you can organically give him a relationship with a Wakandan without it being they are forced into it and can't say no

Nope!!!

I always thought Monica and T’Challa could work as a couple. Plus it would be fun to see her bombastic personality bounce off of T’Challas stoic one. If Marvel ever decides to break up her and Blue Marvel one day, maybe T’Challa could slide in those dms. Lol. Heck I wouldn’t even object to him dating Misty Knight. Is she still with Sam by any chance?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I always thought Monica and T’Challa could work as a couple. Plus it would be fun to see her bombastic personality bounce off of T’Challas stoic one. If Marvel ever decides to break up her and Blue Marvel one day, maybe T’Challa could slide in those dms. Lol. Heck I wouldn’t even object to him dating Misty Knight. Is she still with Sam by any chance?
    I was also championing for Rambeau/Tchalla pre-hook up with BM.

Even BEFORE Tchalla married Storm.....Rambeau was my first choice for Tchalla.

I was also championing for Rambeau/Tchalla pre-hook up with BM.

Even BEFORE Tchalla married Storm.....Rambeau was my first choice for Tchalla.
    Oh what could have been. Just think about where we would be now if Hudlin paired him up with Monica instead of Storm.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"