Page 25 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    You just said it. He has heroic motivations at times but that doesn't make him a superhero. Blade and Hulk also joined the Avengers.
    I feel we can agree that, compared to Blade and Hulk, T'Challa is much more of a standard Avenger. I think the fact that he generally has heroic motivations inspiring what he does is enough to make him a Superhero.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But when in life do we actually get to vent. When do we actually get to be as angry as we want to be, as we feel we deserve to be, instead we tell ourselves we have to be better than and worry about how we will come off looking to others. Killmonger as basic as he seems in this world for a black character, was actually kind of revolutionary. I don't know maybe i'm a sociopath too but i felt nothing for Tchalla he felt spoiled, he felt coddled, Tchalla to me lived a life too similar to what i lived whereas killmonmger lived a life i didn't even know people lived, like really lived until i was older. I mean i knew, a lot of my friends would have been killmonger and who am i to say why anyone does anything. Why do people after being arrested still go out on the streets and sell drugs, or do any of the many things they do that get them arrested. Why do some people who make it feel like they abandoned the hood and why do others think they changed. For me and to me, Killmonger made that movie.

I mean at one point in time to remain friends when i was really young i felt i even had to lie about my dad not being around. I mean in hindsight it seems crazy but everyone else i hung out with had one parent or no parent. So not everyone fits in the same box.
    I think one can look at T'Challa and see privilege, but considering the type of training he would've had to go through to become the Black Panther (and what he probably has to fight as part of fulfilling that mantle) and learn how to rule an entire kingdom, I don't think he had an entire cushy life.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T'Challa provided that counterpoint but as I've said in past posts the narrative of the film would've been served better if he was also enraged at the condition of black folks from the beginning. But instead of proposing a bloody revolution like Killmonger, we could see him advocate for socio-economic reforms spearheaded by Wakanda. We get that "enlightened" T'Challa by the end of film but for the majority of the movie Killmonger's criticisms basically go unchallenged because T'Challa is still essentially an isolationist. I wish we got to see more of the back and forth between the two about how to actually help black folks, but T'Challa letting go of his ancestor's beliefs was his arc.
    I think with T'Challa he had so much going on (his father's death, becoming king, dealing with Klaw) that he didn't have the luxury of dealing with that stuff on his own terms before he was forced to, but he met the challenge as best he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Western movie watchers: sees antagonist that has a complex arc

Western movie watchers: Is this the main character of the movie?
    This goes back to a post I made a page or so back. The things that the BP movie did had a double edged effect. Because people actually know the supporting cast and can see that they had actual depth to them, or the antagonist was complex, gets twisted into "This wasn't a T'Challa movie" or "T'Challa has no flaws which makes him boring" both of which aren't true and apparently could be considered okay for Cap Because he didn't have apparent flaws.

Everything in the movie happened and was centered around T'Challa. He was in the thick of it, he is the one who allowed the supporting cast to come off so well in the first place given how nuanced the interactions were. Erik is one of the best villains in the MCU, and the supporting cast is arguably the best none ensemble supporting cast of any superhero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'd still say it was a T'Challa movie, it's just focusing on a unique arc. In his first few comic appearances he's already an enlightened warrior-king with a global agenda. His dad had been assassinated when he was a child so T'Challa developed his own political compass by the time he took the throne in his mid-20s. In the MCU T'Challa is exactly as you described, coddled under the support of his father, so he has to undergo a political/moral shift much later in life (early-mid 30s).

Coogler's Black Panther was that story, T'Challa unlearning the flawed lessons of his predecessor. I don't think Coogler HAD to go that route, but it was a valid idea to explore. But in terms of giving T'Challa agency and a stronger dynamic with Killmonger, I think he would've benefited a lot more from actually engaging Killmonger's criticisms from the jump, rather than just adopting Nakia's viewpoint by the end credit scene.
    I'm going to watch the movie again and see if maybe it makes me feel differently. will do that tomorrow since im on vacation this week. like for me, when i learned the lessons tchalla did i felt such guilt and my "innocence" i was afforded has always made me very sensitive what i didn't really know was going on around me. i only lived that ilfe in the street with my friends but i never really lived that life and it's weird or funny or messed up but even given everything killmonger did i wouldn't give up on him if it was like real. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Like I hinted earlier:

At the end of the movie, T'Challa has grown and changed.

Killmonger didn't. In a very real sense, he died because he COULDN'T change.

Okoye, Shuri, and Nakia are much the same as when they started. They hold the same beliefs, approach life the same ways.

M'Baku changed a little, but not nearly enough to call him the protagonist. He simply opened his mind a bit.

All of these characters had interesting motivations and personalities. But they remained relatively static, because the movie wasn't about them.

It was about a good man finding a way to be a great king.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Like I hinted earlier:

At the end of the movie, T'Challa has grown and changed.

Killmonger didn't. In a very real sense, he died because he COULDN'T change.

Okoye, Shuri, and Nakia are much the same as when they started. They hold the same beliefs, approach life the same ways.

M'Baku changed a little, but not nearly enough to call him the protagonist. He simply opened his mind a bit.

All of these characters had interesting motivations and personalities. But they remained relatively static, because the movie wasn't about them.

It was about a good man finding a way to be a great king.
    Exactly. That is the crux of T'Challa's character, the balancing act between his responsibilities to be a good man with his responsibilities to be a good king, and the drama, such as it is, should come when those responsibilities conflict with each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Id encourage fellow Black Panther fans to be more vocal about your opinions on this choice in solcial media whenever you see articles, posts, or interview spreading lies about the mythos.
    The current talking point is that "Shuri took over in comics when Tchalla died so its cannon". If you see it please correct it. Make your voices heard and i promise others will start following suit.
    We may not change marvels mind but we can atleast correct the lies about it being "just a mantle" and help ppl understand the importance of the titular character. And who knows, maybe ine day Kevin Feigie will have to answer a tough question about his decision to downplay the signifigance of Marvels first black hero. Maybe they reconsider future plans. Who knows...but in todays social media age lies spread fast enough to become truth and making your voice heard DOES have an effect on the world.

The worst that can happen is Marvel ignores it and continues to make Tchalla and Chadwick a footnote in this franchise...as they are on track to do. The best is that mote and more ppl actually read the comics instead of wiki searching Shuri as Black Panther and realize that we are getting cheated out of OUR Captain America/Wonder Woman/Superman
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-12-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Again i admit i can be messed up and i'm a smoke an a few drinks into a day of relaxation but in my soul i just don't feel you can be black excellence if you are in a world where you know other blacks are going through what they are going through and don't step in. I just don't feel that in my spirit.
    You can be of black excellence when you realize NOT everyone is going to accept your help. See that is the part of life fake woke culture keeps ignoring.

It's not that some of the black excellence has NOT tried to help folks-it's you get to a point of being TIRED of being rejected because you are not A B C or D or fit into certain boxes.

Folks jump on Killmonger's bandwagon because he was about killing and doing acts of violence to "our" enemies. Like the mess we saw last week and will probably see next week.

While rejecting T'Challa's solutions of going into the community and building and talking.

Because one allows you to be SEEN and the other requires EFFORT.

I mean at one point in time to remain friends when i was really young i felt i even had to lie about my dad not being around. I mean in hindsight it seems crazy but everyone else i hung out with had one parent or no parent. So not everyone fits in the same box.
    Donald Glover was once told he was NOT black because he had a father.

I love me some Godzilla...

But for the life of me I can't think of a Gosh Darn Thang I can relate to him on except that there are quite a few people who need their houses stomped on ASAP!

Predator...

I used to hunt people for sport but now I'm retired and living less violently plus the court ordered therapy sessions help too!

Killmonger could have just as easily been about that Martin Luther King life...

Killmoner: "I have a dreeeeeeeam that one day African American children and Wakandan children will one day hold hands and sing FREE AT LAST!"

Princess Shuri: "Wait I thought you said Erik Stevens was a black operative."

Agent Ross: "Erik Stevens... I said Derrick Stevens I don't know who this guy is."

King T'challa: "So he's not a radical black militant hell bent on revenge but a turn the right cheek civil rights activist... Start the waterfall I'm beating his @$$ just on general principal!"

Queen Mother: "T'challa just give him pass he sounds cray cray..."

Killmonger: "Hey auntie."

W'kabi: "Awkward."

We see what we want to see in this super hero genre and choose to relate to the characters that we gravitate towards but it's still all sci-fi one way or another!

Some characters that we like have absolutely nothing to do with what we do in real life but due to extreme escapism we can have imaginary fun without bruising our own elbows!

Living vicariously through our heroes keeps the everyday ordinary existence from becoming ho hum as we pay are bills, taxes and put up with our next door neighbors B.S.

But one thing is for sure we need even more black super villains than we do black super heroes to force the narrative... Otherwise what is there to talk about!

Note: Being troubled about T'challa growing up privileged as a make believe character kind of misses the point of believing in afro futuristic projects or any story where black folks seem to be on top for a change.
    Get Hectic!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's almost like they know the Black Panther is a super-hero who has successors to that mantle that don't begin and end with T'Challa. Surely nobody introduced in the last movie or characters from the comics could ever be the next Black Panther in the sequel. That'd be ridiculous, it's not like Marvel hasn't got a new Captain America now Steve Rogers is retired. Oh wait, they do.

Seriously, Marvel is talking about respecting Boseman’s legacy and yet they are rushing into a sequel regardless. I’m not feeling the love here, Marvel’s primary concern here is just to cash in on the popularity of the character WITH or WITHOUT Black Panther as played by Chadwick Bozeman.

Anthony Mackie just did an interview and didn’t confirm that Falcon is the new Captain America. Probably that’s why the series is called Falcon and Winter Soldier, Mackie is still the Falcon. For now at least.

Black Panther is T’Challa’s story and has been for decades now. Kind of like how 007 is James Bond’s designation but the movies are about him. You can have another 007 that isn’t James Bond (I believe the new movie will feature something like that) but the movies still remain very much about James Bond. This isn’t a particularly complicated concept.

So, I’m still waiting for the hook of a BP2 without the main character of said franchise.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-12-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seriously, Marvel is talking about respecting Boseman’s legacy and yet they are rushing into a sequel regardless. I’m not feeling the love here, Marvel’s primary concern here is just to cash in on the popularity of the character WITH or WITHOUT Black Panther as played by Chadwick Bozeman.
    Like they'd do with any other character, and just because you specific don't think its about honoring Boseman doesn't mean there aren't fans on board with that decision. That's a big reason why whatever strep they take will be controversial, as if simply recasting T'Challa was ever going to be a safe move in any reality. There's more on the line then just this tiny portion of the fandom and the fandom's grown since the movie hit.

Anthony Mackie just did an interview and didn’t confirm that Falcon is the new Captain America. Probably that’s why the series is called Falcon and Winter Soldier, Mackie is still the Falcon. For now at least.
    Why do you assume he would? He's going to ant to leave suspense for the audience without spieling the end. It's not like it's subtle with where they're going with that storyline, he's wearing the same costume he had as Cap. They're even doing the storyline when USAgent became the government's Captain America. Walker's in the trailer. Yes, at least for now so why are we pretending as though Falcon turned down the offer from Steve in Endgame?

Black Panther is T’Challa’s story and has been for decades now. Kind of like how 007 is James Bond’s designation but the movies are about him. You can have another 007 that isn’t James Bond (I believe the new movie will feature something like that) but the movies still remain very much about James Bond. This isn’t a particularly complicated concept.
    T'Challa's stopped being the BP in the comics before, and the MCU isn't the comics. T'Challa's a fictional character there not a flesh and blood human unlike in the movies. That's head canon from James Bond movies, not actual canon and the continuity with the Bond films is nothing like the MCU. No, it isn't.

So, I’m still waiting for the hook of a BP2 without the main character of said franchise.
    That's not even true in the comics, more people than T'Challa have been protagonists as the Black Panther there. You know who else in comics have took up protagonist roles from super-heroes in comics? Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Kasper Cole, Angela del Toro, Sam Wilson, Jaime Reyes I could go on for pages with examples. There will be a Panther and a protagonist, it just won't be T'Challa, just like in the comics.

Ultimate Member

Like they'd do with any other character, and just because you specific don't think its about honoring Boseman doesn't mean there aren't fans on board with that decision. That's a big reason why whatever strep they take will be controversial, as if simply recasting T'Challa was ever going to be a safe move in any reality. There's more on the line then just this tiny portion of the fandom and the fandom's grown since the movie hit.
    I believe Marvel is rushing into a Black Panther sequel (despite the lead actor dying) for money. And how do you know what's reflective of the general fandom??? That's just an entirely random assumption. I'm speaking for myself and you should too.

Why do you assume he would? He's going to ant to leave suspense for the audience without spieling the end. It's not like it's subtle with where they're going with that storyline, he's wearing the same costume he had as Cap. They're even doing the storyline when USAgent became the government's Captain America. Walker's in the trailer. Yes, at least for now so why are we pretending as though Falcon turned down the offer from Steve in Endgame?
    Because the name of the series is "Falcon and the Winter Soldier"? MAYBE, he'll become Captain America but I'm going to take a wait and see approach here.

T'Challa's stopped being the BP in the comics before, and the MCU isn't the comics. T'Challa's a fictional character there not a flesh and blood human unlike in the movies. That's head canon from James Bond movies, not actual canon and the continuity with the Bond films is nothing like the MCU. No, it isn't.
    You literally missed the point of what I'm saying. I'm talking about the centricity of James Bond to his franchise despite the fact that the 007 designation is transferrable.

Black Panther is mantle that's currently held by T'Challa and the story has been about him in the comics AND the movies (from Civil War to Black Panther itself). The story isn't about the MANTLE of Black Panther, it's about T'Challla AS Black Panther. The first movie emphasized why he in particular should be Black Panther (beyond his genetics and blood line). There's been replacements to Batman, Spider-man and most every other superhero but the stories revolve around a central character in that franchise, in this case, it's T'Challa. Black Panther having temporary replacements in the comics doesn't suddenly remove the centricity of T'Challa to the franchise which is what you're arguing that I don't at all agree with.

That's not even true in the comics, more people than T'Challa have been protagonists as the Black Panther there. You know who else in comics have took up protagonist roles from super-heroes in comics? Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Kasper Cole, Angela del Toro, Sam Wilson, Jaime Reyes I could go on for pages with examples. There will be a Panther and a protagonist, it just won't be T'Challa, just like in the comics.
    And where are those characters today and where are the ones they temporarily replaced?.......

Seriously, you don't have reply every post critical of Marvel's decision here. We've already made it clear how we feel about the treatment of T'Challa in comics and potentially film. I really don't feel we need to keep arguing about this because we are never going to agree.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-13-2021 at 04:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I believe Marvel is rushing into a Black Panther sequel (despite the lead actor dying) for money. And how do you know what's reflective of the general fandom??? That's just an entirely random assumption. I'm speaking for myself and you should too.
    People wanted Marvel to recast T'Challa before a week past when Boseman died and took that as a reason to attack Marvel for dishonoring Boseman. Of course a movie studio wants to make a sequel to a movie franchise, despite they lead actor dying - however, it's disingenuous to make every person involved with marvel and BP doing this as if they have no respect for Boseman or the Black Panther franchise. Fandoms are large groups, even BP's before we got the movies, and I didn't say what I said spoke for all of fandom but many people who want Boseman recast think they do. It's really easy to learn what people in fandoms think, they're not shy about saying it here or other media. You don't need to be a telepath to read a person's thoughts on a message board or a You Tube video. Fandoms get divided, you think what's going on is something new? This was going on long before Black Panther got a movie. This is fairly tame compared to how heated the Green Lantern, X-men and Flash fandoms get.

Because the name of the series is "Falcon and the Winter Soldier"? MAYBE, he'll become Captain America but I'm going to take a wait and see approach here.
    Did you not watch the trailer or read what I said was known to be in the series? What they represent in Captain America canon? Wait and see, for what? You know where Marvel's going with this. Steve literally passed the shield to him in a movie and he's wearing his Captain America suit in the trailer. What more do you want?

You literally missed the point of what I'm saying. I'm talking about the centricity of James Bond to his franchise despite the fact that the 007 designation is transferrable.
    Which has nothing to do with T'Challa's context in the MCU. It's technically true they could recast him but we know that's not what they're doing at the moment. That's why passionate decisions are going on right now about T'Challa. BP's comics aren't even as T'Challa centric as James Bond movies are to James Bond. There is no "mantle" for Bond, there is for Black Panther.

Black Panther is mantle that's currently held by T'Challa and the story has been about him in the comics AND the movies (from Civil War to Black Panther itself). The story isn't about the MANTLE of Black Panther, it's about T'Challla AS Black Panther. The first movie emphasized why he in particular should be Black Panther (beyond his genetics and blood line). There's been replacements to Batman, Spider-man and most every other superhero but the stories revolve around a central character in that franchise, in this case, it's T'Challa. Black Panther having temporary replacements in the comics doesn't suddenly remove the centricity of T'Challa to the franchise which is what you're arguing that I don't at all agree with.
    It's not about the story of the mantle, it's about acknowledging the mantle as a thing in BP lore, never would have guessed that would be controversial among parts of BP fandom but here we are. Except T'Challa's not been the only protagonist as the Panther in the comics, and we know Marvel's moving in the direction of someone getting that mantle in the sequel. The movie had a story for T'Challa and that's over, and now as far as we know in the MCU T'Challa's no longer going to be the protagonist going forward. But those replacements still had stories occur in canon, they didn't just retire the franchise for years until the big star came back. Wally held the Flash mantle for 20 years after Barry Allen died. Miles Morales and other replaces are still up and running, like Jaime Reyes - he's overshadowed both his predecessors. Miles got his own movie and has been going strong in 616 even after his universe died. What separates the others who did come back from the MCU is that they're not replacing an actor, he's not a drawing of T'Challa - he was a living being who the cast and crew was a friend, confidant and colleague to. In a universe which doesn't do reboots, this isn't Val Kilmer taking over from Keaton. You're saying that this is a Keaton situation, rather than a Brandon lee situation. I really don't get how Boseman being recast as if his legacy was that easy to replace, it's mind boggling to me. As though every recasting is identical, when that's not true as I've shown examples but they don't rate because reasons?

And where are those characters today and where are the ones they temporarily replaced?.......
    Many still hold onto those mantles, they don't drop them as much as they used to.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...g?v=1599854048

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdfbAOoWoAIXWi4.jpg:large

But this is missing the point, because despite all that they're just drawings on paper not a real person like Boseman was when he became T'Challa. Its' much easier to get the originals back to the status quo when the characters involves never live in the first place. You get to do whatever you want with them, age them up, kill them, replace them, bring them to life, they're not real. Boseman was a real person and people still act like all we need is a recast and Marvel won't get the slightest backlash for that. As if that's how these things work. They are temporarily replaced, and in many cases, remain despite the original coming back because as explained about they're not real. This is about the MCU, not the comic books.

Seriously, you don't have reply every post critical of Marvel's decision here. We've already made it clear how we feel about the treatment of T'Challa in comics and potentially film. I really don't feel we need to keep arguing about this because we are never going to agree.
    I'm not. No, we don't but it gets really frustrating that I should shut up because I don't agree with the popular sentiment. The problem is not that we don't agree, it's the fact any opinion not following that sentiment is not respected as valid if not attacked outright. Because this is about feelings, not facts. I'm not even against recasting myself, but you wouldn't know that going by how I'm being responded too. It's possible to acknowledge other opinions as being valid while not agreeing with them and have sympathy for others who don't grieve the same, it's not zero sum. Besides, wouldn't you get bored with everyone agreeing on everything?

But you don't know anything about what Marvel's doing with T'Challa in the sequel, all anyone knows is that he's not being recast. That's why when people start acting as though they know the exact details about what Marvel's doing and start attacking them come off as silly. There are no plans to attack at the moment. No trailer, no teases, nothing. What's going to happen once they finally do reveal these things? Are they going to be hated on biased on feelings or facts? What if they come up with a good reason in-story?

Ultimate Member

People wanted Marvel to recast T'Challa before a week past when Boseman died and took that as a reason to attack Marvel for dishonoring Boseman. Of course a movie studio wants to make a sequel to a movie franchise, despite they lead actor dying - however, it's disingenuous to make every person involved with marvel and BP doing this as if they have no respect for Boseman or the Black Panther franchise. Fandoms are large groups, even BP's before we got the movies, and I didn't say what I said spoke for all of fandom but many people who want Boseman recast think they do. It's really easy to learn what people in fandoms think, they're not shy about saying it here or other media. You don't need to be a telepath to read a person's thoughts on a message board or a You Tube video. Fandoms get divided, you think what's going on is something new? This was going on long before Black Panther got a movie. This is fairly tame compared to how heated the Green Lantern, X-men and Flash fandoms get.
    OK.

Did you not watch the trailer or read what I said was known to be in the series? What they represent in Captain America canon? Wait and see, for what? You know where Marvel's going with this. Steve literally passed the shield to him in a movie and he's wearing his Captain America suit in the trailer. What more do you want?
    To wait and see if Falcon will be permanently Captain America.

Which has nothing to do with T'Challa's context in the MCU. It's technically true they could recast him but we know that's not what they're doing at the moment. That's why passionate decisions are going on right now about T'Challa. BP's comics aren't even as T'Challa centric as James Bond movies are to James Bond. There is no "mantle" for Bond, there is for Black Panther.
    If you say so.

It's not about the story of the mantle, it's about acknowledging the mantle as a thing in BP lore, never would have guessed that would be controversial among parts of BP fandom but here we are. Except T'Challa's not been the only protagonist as the Panther in the comics, and we know Marvel's moving in the direction of someone getting that mantle in the sequel. The movie had a story for T'Challa and that's over, and now as far as we know in the MCU T'Challa's no longer going to be the protagonist going forward. But those replacements still had stories occur in canon, they didn't just retire the franchise for years until the big star came back. Wally held the Flash mantle for 20 years after Barry Allen died. Miles Morales and other replaces are still up and running, like Jaime Reyes - he's overshadowed both his predecessors. Miles got his own movie and has been going strong in 616 even after his universe died. What separates the others who did come back from the MCU is that they're not replacing an actor, he's not a drawing of T'Challa - he was a living being who the cast and crew was a friend, confidant and colleague to. In a universe which doesn't do reboots, this isn't Val Kilmer taking over from Keaton. You're saying that this is a Keaton situation, rather than a Brandon lee situation. I really don't get how Boseman being recast as if his legacy was that easy to replace, it's mind boggling to me. As though every recasting is identical, when that's not true as I've shown examples but they don't rate because reasons?
    I've already offered alternatives on how I (i.e Mr Username Taken) feels this should be handled. This comes down to a simple difference of opinion.

Many still hold onto those mantles, they don't drop them as much as they used to.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...g?v=1599854048

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdfbAOoWoAIXWi4.jpg:large
    They don't drop them but with the exception of Blue Beetle (who hasn't had a title since Rebirth) they've been pushed aside for the originals to come back. Marvel had to blow up its multiverse to allow Miles into the Marvel universe proper.

But this is missing the point, because despite all that they're just drawings on paper not a real person like Boseman was when he became T'Challa. Its' much easier to get the originals back to the status quo when the characters involves never live in the first place. You get to do whatever you want with them, age them up, kill them, replace them, bring them to life, they're not real. Boseman was a real person and people still act like all we need is a recast and Marvel won't get the slightest backlash for that. As if that's how these things work. They are temporarily replaced, and in many cases, remain despite the original coming back because as explained about they're not real. This is about the MCU, not the comic books.

I'm not. No, we don't but it gets really frustrating that I should shut up because I don't agree with the popular sentiment. The problem is not that we don't agree, it's the fact any opinion not following that sentiment is not respected as valid if not attacked outright. Because this is about feelings, not facts. I'm not even against recasting myself, but you wouldn't know that going by how I'm being responded too. It's possible to acknowledge other opinions as being valid while not agreeing with them and have sympathy for others who don't grieve the same, it's not zero sum. Besides, wouldn't you get bored with everyone agreeing on everything?

But you don't know anything about what Marvel's doing with T'Challa in the sequel, all anyone knows is that he's not being recast. That's why when people start acting as though they know the exact details about what Marvel's doing and start attacking them come off as silly. There are no plans to attack at the moment. No trailer, no teases, nothing. What's going to happen once they finally do reveal these things? Are they going to be hated on biased on feelings or facts? What if they come up with a good reason in-story?
    Of course, this is 100% about feelings. Everything is about feelings.

I've disagreed with you before but I've never "attacked" your sentiment.

Like I said earlier, this is just going to be a discussion about us disagreeing. It's a pretty binary discussion because Marvel/Disney had two options here 1) Recast or 2) Not.

Marvel has chose option 2 (for now at least) and I really don't agree with it.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-13-2021 at 07:52 AM.

There's no good in story reason for T'Challa to be gone, after everything that has transpired in the MCU. There's just shitty and less shitty reasons (more shitty being killing him off on or off screen, and less shitty having him being "Away" or sent off into deep space or alt universe)

Bp comics ARE central and centered around T'Challa. We only have a couple mini's that aren't focused around T'Challa (flag's of our fathers, and Shuris mini's) that even talk about other BPs, so.lets not pretend that T'Challa is somehow just the current holder in comics and over the 50+ years of publication there's been multiple BP series of different characters.

Also no one has said that recasting Chad would be easy. People have Said his Story is far from over and it wouldn't be right for this story of this character to die with the actor. Everyone already knows that no one can replicate Chad, he is the OG. But just like bond or Batman one actor doesn't hold sole control over these fictional characters neither do I think these actors would want these characters to end with them.

As for the comment about people calling for recast a week after his passing. Yes that did happen, and you know what else happened that your glossing over? People on social media and website's calling for Shuri to take the mantle 2 days after his passing with the fastest being people on social media calling for her to replace him and hour after the announcement of his passing. So let's make sure we talk the who picture here.

And if we are being frank, I have seen more "feelings" than facts about why Shuri should take the mantle over "Feelings" than facts over a recast. And the fact is, T'Challa holds more weight and has more significance and importance to this franchise than any other characters l apart of it and people don't want to see him become a footnote in the franchise he carried on his back for decades.

I want to pull my eyes out.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 15.41.51.jpg