Page 251 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301351751 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Didn't Ayo and the Midnight Angels originate in Doomwar?
    old Ayo yes

this new ayo doesn't seem to have much resemblance. If anything, old Ayo is more like new Aneka.

old MA were the elite of the Dora, the ones that lived through T'challa's new training for the doombots.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    old Ayo yes

this new ayo doesn't seem to have much resemblance. If anything, old Ayo is more like new Aneka.

old MA were the elite of the Dora, the ones that lived through T'challa's new training for the doombots.
    ? I thought Ayo was a new Coates created character and Aneka was adapted from the OG from doomwar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    ? I thought Ayo was a new Coates created character and Aneka was adapted from the OG from doomwar
    That's right, oops

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Everybody has to admit that was a great showing for the Dora (Coogler/ Goransson using the Senegalese yipping for their theme will forever be a brilliant move because I've seen a lot of people try to do it whenever they show up on screen lol).

If only we could get strong displays like that often and consistently across the mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m very confident that if Redjack hits a home run with GL it’s only a matter of time before he has enough clout to get BP. Might not be next year or the year after that but this is easily the biggest platform he’s been on at the Big 2 and Marvel’s gonna wanna keep their eye on him since he’s pretty open about his love of the character and seems to get great reviews whenever he works with T’Challa. But yea very unfortunate he didn’t get the solo this time around, hoping they bring someone on who actually knows comics and has a better understanding of T’Challa than just the MCU and Coates versions.

Comic Ayo was fine when she first popped up too, remember she’s not a Coates creation lol. If they do a straightforward adaptation of A Nation Under Our Feet (which is unlikely but who knows) we’re all just gonna go back to hating her. I’m reserving judgement on her character until we get to see how she acts when she’s the focus. For now she’s just a basic Dora Milaje, the only one I’m interested in is Okoye anyway. But Florence Kasumba is looking all types of fine lol.
    If the MCU adapts ANUOF, then maybe T’Challa not getting recast is a godsend. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I will give McGregor his props but the dude had a hard on for having T'Challa get beat. I can barely recall a issue from his run where T'Challa didn't get beat up or seriously hurt. Even mooks or regular people would end up hurting him and his first encounter with the Klan left him half dead.

Also don't know why he thought it would be a good idea for T'Challa to constantly get curbed by the big bad. T'Challa vs Killmonger was like watching Hercule vs Cell just for a kid to save T'Challa and kill Erik. Solomon Prey clowns T'Challa twice just for T'Challa to get saved by accident by one of Solomon's own dinosaurs.

Not even Coates' T'Challa got chumped that bad in fights. Went from taking on the F4 to getting repeatedly chumped by almost everyone.
    But Thomas's and McGregor's BP also had more victories than losses.

In my opinion, they truly showed the Tchalla exemplifying "never give up" attitude to fights which with the exception of the examples you gave.

Tchalla would get very bloodied and battered but will still rise to his feet.....let's not forget it was also during that era that BP took down Spiderman and Beast EASILY.

Tchalla's intellect was not ignored to make him bafoonish.

Speaking in shakespearean English doesn't equate to being dumb.....and speaking in soliloquy was a general writing trait of the ENTIRE comicbook industry at the time (quite frankly I miss thought bubbles but that doesn't match with best version of BP founded on Priest's BP style).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Everybody has to admit that was a great showing for the Dora (Coogler/ Goransson using the Senegalese yipping for their theme will forever be a brilliant move because I've seen a lot of people try to do it whenever they show up on screen lol).

If only we could get strong displays like that often and consistently across the mediums.
    Bruuhh, the DM came and wrecked everyone's ish. Like, once that theme kicked in and stuff popped off it was game over. It was a gratifying swift immasculation on wholesale. Ayo, on principle alone needs a bigger role in the sequel. Also, Feige and Coogler will forever hold the mother of all L's for not recasting T'Challa. This episode in a roundabout way reinforces just how dangerous the Wakandans are in general and by extention why T'Challa is the most dangerous man alive (I will never get over this asinine decision to kill T'Challa off going forward).

How hard is it for yall to realize some people in here don't watch tehs how immediately?

Just use spoiler tags

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Bruuhh, the DM came and wrecked everyone's ish. Like, once that theme kicked in and stuff popped off it was game over. It was a gratifying swift immasculation on wholesale. Ayo, on principle alone needs a bigger role in the sequel. Also, Feige and Coogler will forever hold the mother of all L's for not recasting T'Challa. This episode in a roundabout way reinforces just how dangerous the Wakandans are in general and by extention why T'Challa is the most dangerous man alive (I will never get over this asinine decision to kill T'Challa off going forward).
    Two points:

1) Doing well in a fight scene doesn't equate to "Needs a bigger role in the next movie". Otherwise, people would be yelling for a Wong film.

2) We don't KNOW that they are killing T'Challa off. Hell, we aren't even sure he isn't being recast... filmmakers have lied before, to build suspense. Get worked up if you want, but let's get worked up over what IS, not what we THINK will be, 'kay?

Incredible Member

It has nothing to do with her just doing well in a fight scen. My opinion stems from the fact that she was tge first Dora to be introduced in the MCU and she made a huge impression. She's also had a huge impression in the 2 episodes she's been featured in for this show and yet was underutilised in the BP solo film and don't recall seeing her in the last 2 Avengers films. It would be good for the character to get more shine on the big screen.

As for T'Challa not being recast, we can only go by what has officially been stated and that is, he's not being recast. End of story until they say or show otherwise.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    After the latest episode I can say this with full confidence: MCU Ayo > Comic Ayo
    Mmmm, Florence.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    It has nothing to do with her just doing well in a fight scen. My opinion stems from the fact that she was tge first Dora to be introduced in the MCU and she made a huge impression. She's also had a huge impression in the 2 episodes she's been featured in for this show and yet was underutilised in the BP solo film and don't recall seeing her in the last 2 Avengers films. It would be good for the character to get more shine on the big screen.

As for T'Challa not being recast, we can only go by what has officially been stated and that is, he's not being recast. End of story until they say or show otherwise.
    underutilized just because she is a less Dora to Okoye the leader

She doesn't need more shine, she is what she is. She only getting used here because she is cheaper than Danai lol.

Why do BP fans want every sngle side character to get big ol arcs? Side characters can be side characters. They can quip a little, kick some ass, and be done with it.

Did anyone happen to check out Mech Strike 3?

I would buy but the ending of #2 makes me not to and I cant... errr... preview it beforehand lol

underutilized just because she is a less Dora to Okoye the leader

She doesn't need more shine, she is what she is. She only getting used here because she is cheaper than Danai lol.

Why do BP fans want every sngle side character to get big ol arcs? Side characters can be side characters. They can quip a little, kick some ass, and be done with it.
    There are other fans who want side characters such as Nakia, M'Baku and Okoye to have a more prominent role or become the black panther despite the fact that these characters are not even part of the panther tribe to begin with, instead of just being side characters.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 04-10-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Did anyone happen to check out Mech Strike 3?

I would buy but the ending of #2 makes me not to and I cant... errr... preview it beforehand lol
    Hes still alive. He got teleported somewhere in an unknown time. He seems to be floating in outer space though. It was the final page cliffhanger. Somebody speaks to him, but we dont see who.

But the overall book is a fun read.