Page 252 of 496 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 7433
  1. #3766
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Hes still alive. He got teleported somewhere in an unknown time. He seems to be floating in outer space though. It was the final page cliffhanger. Somebody speaks to him, but we dont see who.

    But the overall book is a fun read.
    Sweet

    If it ends well, I'll buy the trade lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #3767
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    underutilized just because she is a less Dora to Okoye the leader

    She doesn't need more shine, she is what she is. She only getting used here because she is cheaper than Danai lol.

    Why do BP fans want every sngle side character to get big ol arcs? Side characters can be side characters. They can quip a little, kick some ass, and be done with it.
    Because some people see the BP as an ensemble like X-Men and Green Lantern. Iíd love for Okoye, Shuri, and MíBaku to get meatier arcs but if weíre speaking on the comics you really only have one book to do so and thatís TíChallaís. In the movies (up until recently) you only have the movie trilogy and that was also supposed to be about TíChalla. I guess now you have D+ though which is basically a vehicle for side characters.

    People arenít content with one lead character getting focus anymore, everyone needs a big narrative focus no matter how insignificant their role is in the grand scheme of things. With Black Panther this is already an issue with many new fans and itís only gonna get worse with TíChalla out the MCU for however many decades. The double whammy of the Coates era (the most visible BP run) and the MCU is gonna have a lot of people thinking TíChalla is either A. Nonessential to the franchise altogether or B. Just one of many leads for a single franchise that seems permanently capped at one ongoing book/movie series. People gotta learn that not every side character that can crack a joke and fight needs an entire story arc based around them.

  3. #3768
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How hard is it for yall to realize some people in here don't watch tehs how immediately?

    Just use spoiler tags
    This is true, however, for me atleast, I don't care. I haven't watched anything since EG and have no plans to still. I just don't care about the MCU. Maybe something will spark an interest and then I'll have a bunch of stuff to bring but currently it feels hollow

  4. #3769
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is true, however, for me atleast, I don't care. I haven't watched anything since EG and have no plans to still. I just don't care about the MCU. Maybe something will spark an interest and then I'll have a bunch of stuff to bring but currently it feels hollow
    completely leaving outside stuff out of it...

    spoilers:
    The Doras and Wakanda have been treated with 100% of the respect they deserve.

    They tracked Zemo/Bucky down instantly to where they were, gave Bucky a chance to make it right, and when he didn't, they threw hands and threw hands HARD. They had a contingency for bucky already set up as well

    end of spoilers

    That is what makes the situation so... bitter? depressing? I don't know the right word. But this is EXACTLY how all of us wanted Wakanda to be treated. Like a freaking powerhouse.

    I found myself excited and then right after go... oh yeah... damnit.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #3770
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    underutilized just because she is a less Dora to Okoye the leader

    She doesn't need more shine, she is what she is. She only getting used here because she is cheaper than Danai lol.

    Why do BP fans want every sngle side character to get big ol arcs? Side characters can be side characters. They can quip a little, kick some ass, and be done with it.
    What's Okoye got to do with it? I didn't say anything about Ayo having an equal size or bigger role than Okoye, I said I think she needs a bigger role than she's had so far in the movies. Yes, she's a side character but a character important enough to be the representative Dora for both T'Chaka and T'Challa for the events of Civil War. Florence being cheaper than Danai is irrelevant to Ayo having a bigger role than she's had in the films thus far. The Korean lady in Busan had more lines and screen time than Ayo did.
    You seem to be making sweeping statements about what some fans want. It's really not that deep.
    Last edited by Chesterfield; 04-10-2021 at 09:51 AM.

  6. #3771
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    What's Okoye got to do with it? I didn't say anything about Ayo having an equal size or bigger role than Okoye, I said I think she needs a bigger role than she's had so far in the movies. Yes, she's a side character but a character important enough to be the representative Dora for both T'Chaka and T'Challa for the events of Civil War. Florence being cheaper than Danai is irrelevant to Ayo having a bigger role than she's had in the films thus far. The Korean lady in Busan had more lines and screen time than Ayo did.
    You seem to be making sweeping statements about what some fans want. It's really not that deep.
    Why does she need a bigger role?

    Why can't she just be a Dora like she has been? Why can't she show up in moments like this and that be it?

    Okoye
    Nakia
    Shuri
    W'kabi
    Romanda
    M'baku
    Villain 1
    Villain 2 (maybe)


    She's just a Dora. I'd be a hell of a lot more interested in the other tribal leaders before Dora #2. She's just diet-Okoye.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-10-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  7. #3772
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    completely leaving outside stuff out of it...

    spoilers:
    The Doras and Wakanda have been treated with 100% of the respect they deserve.

    They tracked Zemo/Bucky down instantly to where they were, gave Bucky a chance to make it right, and when he didn't, they threw hands and threw hands HARD. They had a contingency for bucky already set up as well

    end of spoilers

    That is what makes the situation so... bitter? depressing? I don't know the right word. But this is EXACTLY how all of us wanted Wakanda to be treated. Like a freaking powerhouse.

    I found myself excited and then right after go... oh yeah... damnit.
    Exactly, like, without T'Challa there it's so empty. Like who's giving these orders? Who had the contingency set up? What teachings of T'Challa can they learn from when he was king for 2 years and dead for 5? What lessons have they learned from his reign or influence? This to me is a huge issue with no recast and how they are somehiw going to honor Chad
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-10-2021 at 11:44 AM.

  8. #3773
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Why does she need a bigger role?

    Why can't she just be a Dora like she has been? Why can't she show up in moments like this and that be it?

    Okoye
    Nakia
    Shuri
    W'kabi
    Romanda
    M'baku
    Villain 1
    Villain 2 (maybe)


    She's just a Dora. I'd be a hell of a lot more interested in the other tribal leaders before Dora #2. She's just diet-Okoye.
    When I say she needs a bigger role it was a comment out of personal preference. I like the character and enjoy seeing her on screen more than I do Okoye but that's a preference matter. Also, CW established her as an important enough character that isn't just some random Dora. She was important enough to be the sole Dora to accompany T'Chaka and T'Challa. She can easily be used better in the movies than she has been. I simply would like her to have more visual presence as opposed to having any sort of character arc. As for the term "Need", by now that word is a very loose term for this franchise. With Boseman no longer with us, Feige et al feel they can continue without NEEDING T'Challa. The one character that is the sole and fundamental component to the Black Panther/Wakanda mythology. If T'Challa's no longer needed in his own franchise, by comparison I'm hardly wanting something ridiculous for Ayo to have a bit more in-film screen time.

  9. #3774
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, like, without T'Challa there it's so empty. Like who's giving these orders? Who had the contingency set up? What teachings of T'Challa can they learn from when he was king for 2 years and dead for 5? What lessons have they learned from his reign or influence? This to me is a huge issue with no recast and how they are somehiw going to honor Chad
    I think we're supposed to believe T'Challa is still around at the moment. His fate/whereabouts won't be an issue until BP2.

  10. #3775
    Ultimate Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I think we're supposed to believe T'Challa is still around at the moment. His fate/whereabouts won't be an issue until BP2.
    Yeah but I mean, you can only use the whole "T'Challa is away" excuse for so long. Really it's extremely stupid to even have the movie sequel try and play around it. This isn't FF where T'Challa can just ride into the sunset like Brian. He's the king, he IS the franchise. The Wakanda show show should of been what to expect next year while they found someone to be recast as T'Challa. Makes so much more sense then going on without him

  11. #3776
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    When I say she needs a bigger role it was a comment out of personal preference. I like the character and enjoy seeing her on screen more than I do Okoye
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #3777
    Extraordinary Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    When I say she needs a bigger role it was a comment out of personal preference. I like the character and enjoy seeing her on screen more than I do Okoye but that's a preference matter. Also, CW established her as an important enough character that isn't just some random Dora. She was important enough to be the sole Dora to accompany T'Chaka and T'Challa. She can easily be used better in the movies than she has been. I simply would like her to have more visual presence as opposed to having any sort of character arc. As for the term "Need", by now that word is a very loose term for this franchise. With Boseman no longer with us, Feige et al feel they can continue without NEEDING T'Challa. The one character that is the sole and fundamental component to the Black Panther/Wakanda mythology. If T'Challa's no longer needed in his own franchise, by comparison I'm hardly wanting something ridiculous for Ayo to have a bit more in-film screen time.
    She has good screen presence and lone delivery. I know she's in another tv show, I'm going to have to check that out too

  13. #3778
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah but I mean, you can only use the whole "T'Challa is away" excuse for so long. Really it's extremely stupid to even have the movie sequel try and play around it. This isn't FF where T'Challa can just ride into the sunset like Brian. He's the king, he IS the franchise. The Wakanda show show should of been what to expect next year while they found someone to be recast as T'Challa. Makes so much more sense then going on without him
    This. But unfortunately they’re still on a strict schedule and they’re set to start filming in July so what’s done is done.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  14. #3779
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    18,967

    Default

    Not sure how I feel about the phrase "Bast damn you"

    Seems a bit too... American? Do other cultures use "insert god" damn you as a common speech? I honestly have no idea. Where my Nigerians in this thread at?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #3780
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    underutilized just because she is a less Dora to Okoye the leader

    She doesn't need more shine, she is what she is. She only getting used here because she is cheaper than Danai lol.

    Why do BP fans want every sngle side character to get big ol arcs? Side characters can be side characters. They can quip a little, kick some ass, and be done with it.
    Confuses me too. There are people calling for her to be the lead character of the wakanda series all of a sudden. But didn't know her name last week

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •