Page 257 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's far more likely to happen than the film completely flopping. If anything not having T'Challa in the film and recognizing the passing of Boseman might increase interest in the sequel the way it did when Paul Walker's character made his last appearance in Furious 7, which I think is the most commercially successful installment in the franchise. Vastly different circumstances though so it's not a completely accurate comparison. The film could just as easily not be as big as they're expecting it to be, lightning in a bottle and all that plus the pandemic getting slightly better might make them overestimate the actual box office potential. Merchandise and other things are a factor as well. But still something worth thinking about.

Either way there's gonna be insane amounts of morbid curiosity to see how Disney gets rid of T'Challa and passes the torch, plus the whole matter of the sequel featuring Namor and/or Doom, who are gonna end up being significant players going forward. But let's say they botch the way they handle T'Challa's passing and audiences don't take to Shuri/Nakia/M'Baku in the mantle then I could see critical reception being divided enough that even if they had preferred not to, Disney brings T'Challa back for the third movie and say "this was always the plan".
    How about we avoid all that and recast???

Because if you go that route-who plays Black Panther? Most of your choices are being taken by DC or other franchises.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Marvel's gotta upgrade the throne room in BP2. No reason it should look as basic as it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Marvel's gotta upgrade the throne room in BP2. No reason it should look as basic as it does.
    Lol.

It was basic. I’m not sure why they went that route? But it’s only going to matter if TCHALLA is on the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    How about we avoid all that and recast???

Because if you go that route-who plays Black Panther? Most of your choices are being taken by DC or other franchises.
    You can have an actor appearing in the DC and Marvel Universe at the same time.

Look at Idris Elba as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I miss the bling of the Priest era:

He wasn't ALL about stealth back then.
    I miss when he had a cape. And that design would look really badass in live action.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Tchalla is trending on Twitter for the first time since Boseman passed (I believe).

Join the covo lol

It's over the tweet about what happened with Bucky in the recent ep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yea some people seem to be upset that Wakanda (led by T’Challa) would install a fail safe to disarm Bucky in case they ever fought. Pretty dumb when you think about it, Wakanda opening up to the outside world doesn’t mean they lose all semblance of self-preservation or competence when dealing with foreigners. A key element of the Black Panther mythos is that while T’Challa is fundamentally a utopian-minded ruler who believes in the equality and potential of all peoples, he takes a very measured, strategic approach to his outreach in the wider world.

Because he’s fully aware of the nefarious factions both within and outside Wakanda that want to take advantage of Wakandan influence on the world stage, leading to dead Wakandans. Bucky showed himself to be a warrior nearly on par with T’Challa himself, he’d be an idiot not to commission the Wakandan Design Group to make sure that in case Bucky went rogue again a Wakandan warrior could bring him down several notches. Why waste an opportunity to heal the man while making sure he was never actually a threat to Wakanda again? Is it violating and sad for Bucky? Absolutely. But is it a move that makes Wakanda a little bit safer? Yes, so it was worth doing. Wakanda isn’t just gonna be an ally to the good guys and give them vibranium, money, and their armies without doing some maneuvering of their own. That’s what it means to be a nation led by a competent ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea some people seem to be upset that Wakanda (led by T’Challa) would install a fail safe to disarm Bucky in case they ever fought. Pretty dumb when you think about it, Wakanda opening up to the outside world doesn’t mean they lose all semblance of self-preservation or competence when dealing with foreigners. A key element of the Black Panther mythos is that while T’Challa is fundamentally a utopian-minded ruler who believes in the equality and potential of all peoples, he takes a very measured, strategic approach to his outreach in the wider world.

Because he’s fully aware of the nefarious factions both within and outside Wakanda that want to take advantage of Wakandan influence on the world stage, leading to dead Wakandans. Bucky showed himself to be a warrior nearly on par with T’Challa himself, he’d be an idiot not to commission the Wakandan Design Group to make sure that in case Bucky went rogue again a Wakandan warrior could bring him down several notches. Why waste an opportunity to heal the man while making sure he was never actually a threat to Wakanda again? Is it violating and sad for Bucky? Absolutely. But is it a move that makes Wakanda a little bit safer? Yes, so it was worth doing. Wakanda isn’t just gonna be an ally to the good guys and give them vibranium, money, and their armies without doing some maneuvering of their own. That’s what it means to be a nation led by a competent ruler.
    Wait. People are upset wakanda put a failsafe in someone who was being mentally controlled by someone else to assassinate people? The same person they let get away with killing their king. *mind blown* no wonder i stay off twitter.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Wait are these also the same people (or would also be the same people if asked) who think its Wakanda's job to cure all illness including cancer in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    There is also a recasting convo being had at the same rate. Tchalla wasn't referenced in FATWS so him suddenly trending when that and a new article about casting came out today isn't coincidence

The ppl having that convo are crediting Ayo and Shuri for giving him the arm and barely any mention Tchalla being involved at all
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-12-2021 at 08:52 PM.

There are three conversation going on on Twitter right now which perfectly layout how stupid Marvel is and how much they don't care about how they handle this franchise outside of a few appearances and references. Gotta be a money and contract issue seeing as it made avengers money as a solo but u digress.

1. Recasting Tchalla thanks to a new IGN article and Emans petition making the rounds some more here and twitter

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-mc...mpression=true

Btw big ups to CBR for posting this article. They know whose characters fans have been the most loyal and active for them over the last 20 years

2. Bucky arm failsafe ( which I'm not sure why people have a problem)

3. The fact that a dora is running around the world doing War Dog/Hatut missions without her King around. Which makes no sense as that's not her job. Unless shes rogue which...no
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-12-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I hope you guys are paying attention to the outrage at Wyatt Russell for being the new "Captain America" (I think he's been great for that role, but anyway)

And thats just a totally new character.

I think they really fear what replacing Boseman would do. The constant comparisons would be insane. Then you'd have the Ekie's of the world who'd probably see him failing to live up to comic T'Challa as well.

This backlash on an actor for accepting a role has really opened up my eyes. Marvel (MCU) fans are territorial and wont give the guy a new chance anyway. So MCU would rather take their lumps with just a "new BP"

First of all, John Walker was always meant to be an antagonist. He was never meant to truly be Steve’s successor. Second of all, idiots on Twitter that can’t separate fiction from reality don’t speak for the entire damn fandom so you can miss me with all that.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I hope you guys are paying attention to the outrage at Wyatt Russell for being the new "Captain America" (I think he's been great for that role, but anyway)

And thats just a totally new character.

I think they really fear what replacing Boseman would do. The constant comparisons would be insane. Then you'd have the Ekie's of the world who'd probably see him failing to live up to comic T'Challa as well.

This backlash on an actor for accepting a role has really opened up my eyes. Marvel (MCU) fans are territorial and wont give the guy a new chance anyway. So MCU would rather take their lumps with just a "new BP"
    The ekies of the world would ask why you are trying point to minute backlash for an ACTOR playing a different CHARACTER(JohnWalker) under the same mantle (Captain America) and then at the same time making the case that Marvel should.....cast a different ACTOR who plays a different Character (Shuri) under the same MANTLE (BlackPanther) to replace Boseman instead of continuing the character.

Which is it?

And as you can see...that didnt stop mcu fans from consuming the product. Nor did my criticism stop me from supporting my favorite marvel CHARACTER...Black Panther.
    But if hes gone my criticism doesnt need to come with support anymore.