Page 26 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Like I hinted earlier:

At the end of the movie, T'Challa has grown and changed.

Killmonger didn't. In a very real sense, he died because he COULDN'T change.

Okoye, Shuri, and Nakia are much the same as when they started. They hold the same beliefs, approach life the same ways.

M'Baku changed a little, but not nearly enough to call him the protagonist. He simply opened his mind a bit.

All of these characters had interesting motivations and personalities. But they remained relatively static, because the movie wasn't about them.

It was about a good man finding a way to be a great king.
    Thank Bast, I thought maybe I got a different cut of the movie or something.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I want to pull my eyes out.

Attachment 104712
    I mean, MOVIE wise, that at least makes sense.

Because Nakia was one of the warriors asked to challenge for the throne. She was the river tribe representative.

From a movie perspective, if T'challa is dead, it makes no sense for none of the other tribes to challenge 18? year old Shuri. Frekaing M'baku ended generations of the Jabari staying out of everyting because he couldn't handle T'challa on the throne. Shuri on their would cause his brain to explode.

And Nakia would beat her breaks off.

If they are going to spin this ****, then spin it completely away from the comics and just make up a whole new thing. You want to make a movie interesting? Show the line of Bashenga ending and give us a whole new thing from the perspective of the River Tribe. Go full weird. Go full game of throne esque **** with the tribes.

(but I ain't buyin anyway so my opinion means nothing)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This apart made me laugh way harder than it should of. But yeah. Erik is a charismatic sociopath. He has the great speeches and indeed his situation was indeed tragic. T'Chaka abandoned him. However, what he chose to do as an adult cannot be justified that he was some kind of hero like people have claimed. He didn't have a arc or journey, he died the same way he lived. He didn't change at all
    Within the context of the movie, how exactly was T'Chaka supposed to "bring him home"? Surely, Erik had a mother who was in the picture. It's bad enough T'Chaka sliced and diced N'Jobu or is it? Rules are rules, it doesn't matter if you're blood but to add kidnapping? Not sure how that would go down. Is there any official MCU back story to Killmonger? It would have been interesting to know if T'Chaka over the years was conspicuously and anonymously providing some sort of support to Erik and his mother. African parents are hardcore, I know because my folks are Nigerian but to Merk and peace out and never look back is just next level cold blooded, especially if it's your bloodfolk. Even 2bit of all people took care of Spanky's ma.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Because Nakia was one of the warriors asked to challenge for the throne. She was the river tribe representative.

From a movie perspective, if T'challa is dead, it makes no sense for none of the other tribes to challenge 18? year old Shuri. Frekaing M'baku ended generations of the Jabari staying out of everyting because he couldn't handle T'challa on the throne. Shuri on their would cause his brain to explode.

If they are going to spin this ****, then spin it completely away from the comics and just make up a whole new thing. You want to make a movie interesting? Show the line of Bashenga ending and give us a whole new thing from the perspective of the River Tribe. Go full weird. Go full game of throne esque **** with the tribes.

She was never present or stood by T'Challa when fought Thanos's army with Wakanda, died and came back again.

Why is she even in consideration? She's a spy. She even said it herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Within the context of the movie, how exactly was T'Chaka supposed to "bring him home"? Surely, Erik had a mother who was in the picture. It's bad enough T'Chaka sliced and diced N'Jobu or is it? Rules are rules, it doesn't matter if you're blood but to add kidnapping? Not sure how that would go down.
    The paperwork scene was N'Jobu and Zuri trying to figure out how to break Erik's mom out of prison. Some time after that (before T'chaka paid his brother a visit) she died in prison. I guess its easy to miss if it wasn't explicitly stated on screen.

As for Erik...T'chaka could have made the offer if for no other reason than formality. Erik might have rejected it outright: "Live in paradise with my father's murderer, LOOKING at my father's murderer every day? No thanks." Or he might have said yes. The point was it wasn't even put on the table even as a formality. If a formality wasn't under consideration, kidnapping wasn't either. He was just...nothing to him. The fruit so to speak of a traitor that I guess he felt would just vanish into the ether.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Yup. Nakia makes the most logical sense. Having an original character become BP is asinine and dumb but it could also work.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The paperwork scene was N'Jobu and Zuri trying to figure out how to break Erik's mom out of prison. Some time after that (before T'chaka paid his brother a visit) she died in prison. I guess its easy to miss if it wasn't explicitly stated on screen.

As for Erik...T'chaka could have made the offer if for no other reason than formality. Erik might have rejected it outright: "Live in paradise with my father's murderer, LOOKING at my father's murderer every day? No thanks." Or he might have said yes. The point was it wasn't even put on the table even as a formality. If a formality wasn't under consideration, kidnapping wasn't either. He was just...nothing to him. The fruit so to speak of a traitor that I guess he felt would just vanish into the ether.
    Thanks for clarifying this. Damn, T'Chaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There's no good in story reason for T'Challa to be gone, after everything that has transpired in the MCU. There's just shitty and less shitty reasons (more shitty being killing him off on or off screen, and less shitty having him being "Away" or sent off into deep space or alt universe)

Bp comics ARE central and centered around T'Challa. We only have a couple mini's that aren't focused around T'Challa (flag's of our fathers, and Shuris mini's) that even talk about other BPs, so.lets not pretend that T'Challa is somehow just the current holder in comics and over the 50+ years of publication there's been multiple BP series of different characters.

Also no one has said that recasting Chad would be easy. People have Said his Story is far from over and it wouldn't be right for this story of this character to die with the actor. Everyone already knows that no one can replicate Chad, he is the OG. But just like bond or Batman one actor doesn't hold sole control over these fictional characters neither do I think these actors would want these characters to end with them.

As for the comment about people calling for recast a week after his passing. Yes that did happen, and you know what else happened that your glossing over? People on social media and website's calling for Shuri to take the mantle 2 days after his passing with the fastest being people on social media calling for her to replace him and hour after the announcement of his passing. So let's make sure we talk the who picture here.

And if we are being frank, I have seen more "feelings" than facts about why Shuri should take the mantle over "Feelings" than facts over a recast. And the fact is, T'Challa holds more weight and has more significance and importance to this franchise than any other characters l apart of it and people don't want to see him become a footnote in the franchise he carried on his back for decades.
    Can’t be better said...

Extraordinary Member

Who was leading Wakanda during the 5 years between Infinity War and Endgame?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ramonda, I guess? Or Okoye.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Thanks for clarifying this. Damn, T'Chaka.
    Tchaka really had no chill lol

Bruh decked out in vibranium and decided to murk his bro instead of disarm.

But... traitor got a traitors death. Lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ramonda, I guess? Or Okoye.
    But wouldn’t there be the tradition fight over the waterfall for leadership again?

But wouldn’t there be the tradition fight over the waterfall for leadership again?
    I think the main line of succession being wiped out of existence kind of throws things for a loop. They might not even have a herb to make a new Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the main line of succession being wiped out of existence kind of throws things for a loop. They might not even have a herb to make a new Black Panther.
    How they're going to deal with the heart shaped herb is probably the one thing I'd see this T'challa-less sequel for. It probably won't be much of a plot point, just a throwaway line. "We genetically engineered a new crop off screen, they have fewer calories now and come in three different new flavors, orange, pineapple, and strawberry."

Ultimate Member

Now that could be your Black Panther 2. At least you would have a reason for him, Shuri and the rest to not be there. Somebody had to take over.

People on social media and website's calling for Shuri to take the mantle 2 days after his passing with the fastest being people on social media calling for her to replace him and hour after the announcement of his passing. So let's make sure we talk the who picture here.
    Probably the same group who wanted Creed taken out of Creed 2. They wanted his wife to have that movie.

The Shuri that took over in comics is NOT the same one running around now.

Everyone already knows that no one can replicate Chad, he is the OG. But just like bond or Batman one actor doesn't hold sole control over these fictional characters neither do I think these actors would want these characters to end with them.
    From the time I was born to NOW

8 guys be Batman
    2 Wonder Women
    5 Superman
    4 James Bonds
    9 Dr Who
    3 Supergirls
    5 Peter Parkers
    How many versions of Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Transformers and GI Joe have we had?
    Hasbro was SCARED to introduce Beast Wars that they declined to attend event to introduce them.
    Lets not forget Gatcham AKA Battle of the Planets AKA G-Force AKA Eagle Riders-ALL within a 8 year span.

We can't get another guy to be Black Panther? Something is not right about that.