Page 265 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Bast in the MCU....did she "approve" Killmonger becoming the "Black Panther"?
    I can't recall her actively doing so. Didn't it skip straight to him with his father?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    How is he getting the shaft in video games. His reveal trailer for the avengers game got a lot of traction.
    Things like this garbage
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBHMg9nNKc&t=186s

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I can't recall her actively doing so. Didn't it skip straight to him with his father?

It wasnt shown but Im trying to figure out if Coogler cared enough about the comics to make Bast have to approve Panthers. Bast does exist in his version of Wakanda just not sure what she does. So if she does exist, would we say its in character for her to approve MCU Hoodmonger?

I would say fortnight is more popular than RoC. And Tchalla got a small add campaign for that

It wasnt shown but Im trying to figure out if Coogler cared enough about the comics to make Bast have to approve Panthers. Bast does exist in his version of Wakanda just not sure what she does. So if she does exist, would we say its in character for her to approve MCU Hoodmonger?
    He can pick either option. Priest didn't make it a condition when he had Killmonger become BP. And the method of liquid Vb came from McGregor and he didnt use the Panther gods approval either.

As a test for T'challa maybe

I doubt Bast exists anymore than Jesus in the MCU tbf

And picking and choosing how much Bast is involved is just based on what run. I don't think "if coogler cared enough" if fair in this regard.

Actually I doubt Bast is involved at all. If she is, then nobody knows it

Or Nakia would have never offered the herb to M'baku
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I still don't think that'll be the main focus though. Of the characters from BP1, Shuri and Okoye actually interest me. Nakia was just there.

I'm curious to see how much the plot has changed with T'Challa gone, and how they'll right him out
    The new fanbase is all over the place on which supporting character should take the lead. But as far as starpower goes Nakia is the biggest with Angela Next. Ofcourse, this movie could shake things up. Leticia Wright probably will struggle with all her real life issues causing setbacks

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    As a test for T'challa maybe

I doubt Bast exists anymore than Jesus in the MCU tbf

And picking and choosing how much Bast is involved is just based on what run. I don't think "if coogler cared enough" if fair in this regard.

Actually I doubt Bast is involved at all. If she is, then nobody knows it

Or Nakia would have never offered the herb to M'baku
    She was shown in the begining sand montage though so i think she exists physically

Ultimate Member

The new fanbase is all over the place on which supporting character should take the lead. But as far as starpower goes Nakia is the biggest with Angela Next. Ofcourse, this movie could shake things up. Leticia Wright probably will struggle with all her real life issues causing setbacks
    Then they should just recast her. I didn't like what she said tbh. But Shuri is probably the biggest BP supporting character so I can see her getting a bigger role. Okoye as well. Nakia is kinda lame to me. And I think the MCU is somewhat beyond star power.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Recurring things I’ve seen are griots (both the standard musician-intellectual and the more fantastical sorcerer kinds), water spirits (often taking a fish or serpent form), spears blessed by gods and the ancestors, and mud brick architecture (often inspired by the Sahel civilizations or pre-colonial Nigeria). Themes I see a lot are ancestors and societal memory as well as the need to be united. Black Panther has a lot of stock Afrofuturist/fantasy tropes.
    Thanks! I ask because i constantly see Black ppl swapped into the cultures of other race's cultural sci-fi like the new Samurai netflix anime coming soon and was wondering whst we had. Not that i dont enjoy some black ninjas and samurai
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

Thanks! I ask because i constantly see Black ppl swapped into the cultures of other races like the new Samurai netflix anime coming soon and was wondering whst we had. Not that i dont enjoy some black ninjas and samurai
    How did Black people get swapped into others races?

Then they should just recast her. I didn't like what she said tbh. But Shuri is probably the biggest BP supporting character so I can see her getting a bigger role. Okoye as well. Nakia is kinda lame to me. And I think the MCU is somewhat beyond star power.
    I thought that too until they started killing off roles to "honor" actors lol
    Ppl act like Marvel and DC characters arent the real draw suddenly
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-14-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

I thought that too until they started killing of roles to "honor" actors lol
    Ppl act like Marvel and DC characters arent the real draw suddenly
    I heard it was Coogler who didn't want to recast but I'm not sure. Regardless, I would've been ok with recasting. T'Challa has much more story to be told in the MCU

I edited. Meant into other race's cultural science fiction

Ultimate Member

I edited. Meant into other race's cultural science fiction
    I see. I've personally always been wary of that.