Page 266 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276316366766 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    She was shown in the begining sand montage though so i think she exists physically
    Which was the "legend" of Bashenga passed down by N'jobobobbobobo

No different than any other story passed down. It is hardly confirming she exists
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Which was the "legend" of Bashenga passed down by N'jobobobbobobo

No different than any other story passed down. It is hardly confirming she exists
    True. Just curious on that and the rest of the gods. Maybe eternals will give some answers

Well damn.....

Maybe i better put some respect on AVA's name.
    Now im really curious where she wanted to go.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ava/statu...23691267502084

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Thanks! I ask because i constantly see Black ppl swapped into the cultures of other race's cultural sci-fi like the new Samurai netflix anime coming soon and was wondering whst we had. Not that i dont enjoy some black ninjas and samurai
    Yasuke was a real life historical figure and I’m happy to see his story told, but it is unfortunate that we’re finally getting more than black oppression narratives in historical fiction and the best we get is a black dude overcoming bigotry in Japan. Granted he became a samurai and all that but with the wealth of African heroes both historical and fictional, it’s be nice to see an adaptation of the Epic of Sundiata or the Shango myths sometime.

Black Panther opened up the door to that type of stuff it’s just a matter of talented creators putting it out there and people supporting if the quality is there. Hopefully Yasuke can prove a success and Netflix does an animated series focusing on Africans in actual ancient Africa. Instead of injecting us into other cultures’ histories and ignoring the vast wealth of history and culture from our home continent. That’s not to say stuff like Yasuke isn’t dope, but black people found success and were great warriors in their own homelands too and there’s worth in showing that as well.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-14-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yasuke was a real life historical figure and I’m happy to see his story told, but it is unfortunate that we’re finally getting more than black oppression narratives in historical fiction and the best we get is a black dude overcoming bigotry in Japan. Granted he became a samurai and all that but with the wealth of African heroes both historical and fictional, it’s be nice to see an adaptation of the Epic of Sundiata or the Shango myths sometime.

Black Panther opened up the door to that type of stuff it’s just a matter of talented creators putting it out there and people supporting if the quality is there. Hopefully Yasuke can prove a success and Netflix does an animated series focusing on Africans in actual ancient Africa. Instead of injecting us into other cultures’ histories and ignoring the vast wealth of history and culture from our home continent.
    You could check out "Nollywood" shows and movies. They might cover some of what you're looking for.

Ultimate Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but considering how some people constantly tell Black people to "get over it," is it wrong to show the difficulties Black people have faced and continue to face? With everything going in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Then they should just recast her. I didn't like what she said tbh. But Shuri is probably the biggest BP supporting character so I can see her getting a bigger role. Okoye as well. Nakia is kinda lame to me. And I think the MCU is somewhat beyond star power.
    Thing is now Marvel has put themselves on a corner, they can't just recast a character like Shuri otherwise they going to look like hypocrites "So you can replace Shuri but you T'Challa is off limits?" Which they already are hypocrites but still of they start picking and choosing what Characters can and can't be recast people are going to get on them about it. They should of waited. Of it was Cooglers idea to not recast then I would say giving him and the crew less than 3 months to grieve definitely played a role.

But even still, T'Challas story is so far from over that at this point we are likely to see something disjointed, no amount of script writing or anything can get past this retiring of T'Challa. You just can't. Could you imagine them trying to pull this with Thor or IM? It doesn't work, this won't work smoothly at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing is now Marvel has put themselves on a corner, they can't just recast a character like Shuri otherwise they going to look like hypocrites "So you can replace Shuri but you T'Challa is off limits?" Which they already are hypocrites but still of they start picking and choosing what Characters can and can't be recast people are going to get on them about it. They should of waited. Of it was Cooglers idea to not recast then I would say giving him and the crew less than 3 months to grieve definitely played a role.

But even still, T'Challas story is so far from over that at this point we are likely to see something disjointed, no amount of script writing or anything can get past this retiring of T'Challa. You just can't. Could you imagine them trying to pull this with Thor or IM? It doesn't work, this won't work smoothly at all.
    I can see what you mean. But the reasons for recasting differ.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    You could check out "Nollywood" shows and movies. They might cover some of what you're looking for.
    I’m half Sierra Leonean, Nollywood was a fact of life growing up lol. But as I said, the quality has to be there. Up until very recently most Nollywood movies looked like they had a budget of 10 Ushbucks, it’s gonna be awhile before we start getting animation or shows/movies with the production value needed to attract mainstream interest and be competitive. The talent is there in terms of directors, script writers, and actors/actresses, but the money and art direction needs to be upped several notches IMO before Nollywood can truly lead the charge.

What I could see happening in the meantime is strategic partnerships with Nigerian (and other African) creators and big entertainment companies like Netflix and Disney. We already seem to be seeing that with stuff like Iwaju on D+ which is being made in collaboration with Kugali and Dark Horse Comics partnering up with YouNeek Studios. We’re seeing African-centered sci-fi, fantasy, and history become mainstream and I truly feel Black Panther opened the door to a lot of it. Yasuke, while not fitting exactly into that mold, creates further opportunities.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but considering how some people constantly tell Black people to "get over it," is it wrong to show the difficulties Black people have faced and continue to face? With everything going in the world?
    The people that say "get over it" are never going to be swayed by a hollywood film.

Better off "uplifting" minorities than trying to sway people who don't give a ****.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The people that say "get over it" are never going to be swayed by a hollywood film.

Better off "uplifting" minorities than trying to sway people who don't give a ****.
    I understand that. But i feel the problems Black peoplr and other PoC still deserve to be told along side rhr successes and triumphs of those same communities. I don't think it should be "either/or", but "and"

I can see what you mean. But the reasons for recasting differ.
    I Know, what I am basically saying is that this reason to not recast Chad is bullshit. They wouldn't do it to Tony, Cap, or Thor. 100% of those 3 had passed after their first movie and the avengers movie they would of recast them

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I Know, what I am basically saying is that this reason to not recast Chad is bullshit. They wouldn't do it to Tony, Cap, or Thor. 100% of those 3 had passed after their first movie and the avengers movie they would of recast them
    Yeah, they would've kept going. Maybe if they delayed the movie, they might have recast him.

Saw in Facebook more and more sights are talking about the recast. Alot more people for it than against from the comments.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Meant to post these old quotes a while back in regards to Ava.

Also this

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    ·
    7h
    #BlackPanther star #ChadwickBoseman has been honored in a scene on the
    @Oprah
    -produced QUEEN SUGAR, one which
    @MarvelStudios
    head Kevin Feige & #BlackPanther director Ryan Coogler were partly responsible for... Video & details: https://buff.ly/3e1weH7
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-14-2021 at 09:56 PM.