Page 270 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What did he say recently?
    After Bozeman died he came out and said that they won't be recasting. And then later in another interview he said that the plan was ALWAYS to focus on the world of wakanda implying that the loss of Tchalla wouldn't affect his plans very much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I was hoping that the solo film could’ve at least said that Klaw gave Zemo the bomb so that way he could still be responsible for T’Chakas death, just indirectly this time. But we all know how that story ends.
    Yup, it ended with proping up Michael B Killmonger lol

Also, Im in no way Championing Ava. Im sure her take would have had massive issues too despite potential success. Im just curious and grief stricken lol
    I wanted Fuqua
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-15-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Klaw a much bigger villain than Killmonger anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    After Bozeman died he came out
    and said that they won't be recasting. And then later in another interview he said that the plan was ALWAYS to focus on the world of wakanda implying that the loss of Tchalla wouldn't affect his plans very much.
    Ok. I assume he's trying to "not worry everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I remember that Chadwick's brother was more against the idea of killing off T'Challa than he was for recasting the role. And according to him he felt that although he didn't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, he felt like the proverbial "they" don't want to see a black male king character. I found it gross that he was even asked such a question in the first place because it allows his mind to go places it shouldn't, and he was asked a question framed in a certain way when no official information was out and when Chadwick was only gone for some months.

I also think many of you who are for a recast have failed to acknowledge that "We will not be recasting the role of T'Challa in 'Black Panther 2'" is not the same thing as "We will be killing off T'Challa and he will never be used in the MCU ever again," because these can be two separate discussions. "We will not be recasting the role of T'Challa in 'Black Panther 2'" could mean holding that off because the character simply won't be present in the sequel, a recast in a later film, or the worst case scenario of killing him off. Marvel hasn't said anything specific, but we've all assumed the worst for some reason.

I wasn't trying to say that, but I'm also not stupid and vividly remember that it was a reason why some people here were glad she didn't get the gig, because they thought she would do what they didn't like what Coates was doing in the comics.

Can't remember who between Nate Moore, the Russos or the Infinity War writers said that they may have reconsidered killing T'Challa off in the film if they knew how well Black Panther was going to do.

The writers of Falcon and the Winter Soldier are simply working with what they've been dealt with and what they have. Ayo is being used because Florence Kasumba was available (unlike Letitia Wright and Danai Gurira who probably were not). Bucky thanking Ayo is a thank you to Wakanda, not a slight as T'Challa wasn't personally involved in the deprogramming process but only arranged it.

Again, what you THINK is the best way to honour Chadwick based on what you THINK you know about him is still a projection because you didn't KNOW him. And you have to acknowledge that not only are your feelings simply yours alone but they actually have less value than those who knew him and worked with him. The only way your feelings could hold more value is if they were part of an overwhelming majority big enough to scare Marvel with financial losses, which could make them go against and potentially lose someone like Ryan Coogler on board.

None of the petitions have up to 10,000 signatures. None of the videos have up to 100,000 views. There are no banners, no billboards, no fundraising events, no merchandise, no marches. There's no Twitter hashtag that trends with millions of tweets. There are no trending article. There's zero industry support. This thing is not a movement at all, and for context everything listed there is what the Snyder Cut movement had and even that needed a global pandemic to succeed.
    They didn't say they weren't recasting T'Challa for BP 2. They said they are not recasting T'Challa, no other stipulations to it. If they specified the sequel then people here would not be so up in arms about it.

So are we now going to take what others who knew him over Chad's OWN WORDS and say they know best? Again it's not my own uninformed opinion vs those who knew him, I am going off of his own words and what he has said over the years. Dude was a trailblazer, talked so many times about setting up the people to follow him and knowing how important T'Challa was for millions of black boys and men. One can make a safe guess that he wouldn't want them to honor hom by retiring T'Challa. Otherwise what's the point of fighting through cancer to play such a character? He could of let someone else take the role and focused on his health.

And his brother Did say he still wanted T'Challa to be in the sequel, but didn't think that they would go that route because the image of black kings.

Again, I would have accepted this of they came out and said they aren't recasting right now, or they are going to hold on the sequel to allow time to heal. But they didn't, instead they kept schedule and using Digits word here, revisionist history, started talking as though T'Challa was never a big deal about was always about Wakanda and that this was the plan from the get go, when that goes against what was said in the past.

There are a ton of ways to honor actor's who had impactful roles in their careers, very rarely have o seen them completely retire fictional characters that have existed long before said actor took the role. But it seems that for poc especially Black men, there's always an exception.

I don't care about Snyder cut or any of that. Frankly the more time that goes on, the more dream the team recast gets, because people are healing and then having more time to think about it and ask is retiring the character really the best thing to do.

I critised people on both sides who were calling for Shuri to take the mantle less that an hour after news broke of his passing, and the people who called for a recast and who could do it. I am on the recast side, but I am also on the push the movie back and let people frakking grieve side. Recasting isn't some taboo like people act like, especially when it's been done for many other fictional characters

Your aren't minimizing the actor who came before then or pretending they didn't exist, that will never happen. People to this day still mention the names Christopher Reeves and Adam west for supes and bats respectively. But thing's like Bucky giving Ayo and Shuri credit while leaving T'Challa out? Little stuff like that slowly erasing his existence is more damaging.

Nah, Klaw generally gets used at henchman level. Recently being easily bested by Goldballs and MoonGirl. His powers set would suggest being a bigger threat, but he isnt treated as one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Nah, Klaw generally gets used at henchman level. Recently being easily bested by Goldballs and MoonGirl. His powers set would suggest being a bigger threat, but he isnt treated as one.
    Oh. Because I don't thing Killmonger has actually appeared very often.

In general no. But for t'challa's very first movie yes he's much more important to the origin story even though the movies didn't give him one.

Ultimate Member

In general no. But for t'challa's very first movie yes he's much more important to the origin story even though the movies didn't give him one.
    Ok. I thought Klaw is a more prominent villain in the MU because he's appeared more often, plus he murdered T'Chaka

Ok. I thought Klaw is a more prominent villain in the MU because he's appeared more often, plus he murdered T'Chaka
    Depends how you are using prominent.

Klaw has way more appearances. But vast majority of them, he is a joke henchman who jsut gets taken out quickly. He got used too much and looks silly so no one takes him seriously.

Killmonger has only appeared 9 times.

1. Panthers Rage (origin)
    2. Iron Man Annual 5 (reanimated by the mandarin rings)
    3. Over the Edge (reanimated by Klaw)
    4. Priest (Killmongers Reign)
    5. Priest again (kasper run, didn't do much but talk)
    6. Hudlin
    7. Rise fo the BP
    8. Solo
    9. Coates

#2 and #3 everyone forgot about until I brought it up in this thread 5 years ago when researching for the blog and then the wiki copied me (still wonder which one of you edited the wiki afterwards! Show yourself!).

The other 6 appearances before the movie he was formidable as hell. Then he was formidable again in Rise, then he go his mini-series, then whatever the hell Coates is doing.

Klaw, on the ther hand, gets beat up by Goldballs

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Klaw has way more appearances. But vast majority of them, he is a joke henchman who jsut gets taken out quickly. He got used too much and looks silly so no one takes him seriously.

6. Hudlin
    7. Rise fo the BP
    8. Solo
    9. Coates

#2 and #3 everyone forgot about until I brought it up in this thread 5 years ago when researching for the blog and then the wiki copied me (still wonder which one of you edited the wiki afterwards! Show yourself!).

The other 6 appearances before the movie he was formidable as hell. Then he was formidable again in Rise, then he go his mini-series, then whatever the hell Coates is doing.

I see. I usually rank villains by number of appearances but also on importance to the MU overall. Guys like Loki would be A-list, while someone like MODOK would be B or C list. I guess I never thought Killmonger ranked very high

Getting beat by Goldballs seems like a major downgrade though

Tbh, I kinda wish Klaw was the main villain in BP. IMO he's more of a realistic threat, i.e. a colonizer stealing resources from an African nation, rather than an African-American man who seeks justice against racism. I didn't see why that had to be villainized

Extraordinary Member

After Bozeman died he came out and said that they won't be recasting. And then later in another interview he said that the plan was ALWAYS to focus on the world of wakanda implying that the loss of Tchalla wouldn't affect his plans very much.
    I would be against a recast...just make Shuri the Black Panther.

6. Hudlin
    7. Rise fo the BP
    8. Solo
    9. Coates

I'm still waiting for klaw to get that mega upgrade, going on a spree, kamehameha waving goldballs out of existence. Moon girl is a bit tougher so maybe he can sound bomb her dino to put it out of commission for awhile

I see. I usually rank villains by number of appearances but also on importance to the MU overall. Guys like Loki would be A-list, while someone like MODOK would be B or C list. I guess I never thought Killmonger ranked very high

Getting beat by Goldballs seems like a major downgrade though

Tbh, I kinda wish Klaw was the main villain in BP. IMO he's more of a realistic threat, i.e. a colonizer stealing resources from an African nation, rather than an African-American man who seeks justice against racism. I didn't see why that had to be villainized
    The real plothole with Klaw is that he had no reason to be working with killmonger and still stealing ****.

Ultron made him richer than his wildest dream. Dude had no reason to be doing anything lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would be against a recast...just make Shuri the Black Panther.
    Of the remaining characters I would agree.

The real plothole with Klaw is that he had no reason to be working with killmonger and still stealing ****.

Ultron made him richer than his wildest dream. Dude had no reason to be doing anything lol
    I didn't remember that but what you're saying makes sense

I didn't remember that but what you're saying makes sense

Ultron made him a billionaire.