Page 276 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376776 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I see. You've got lots of Coates reading and re-reading to catch up on. Let me know when you start from the beginning.
    If I didn't start at the beginning of it why on Earth would I start at the end LOL
    I've got plenty of other places to read about rape, slavery and misogyny in the real world without having to add flying superheroes to it
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-16-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see what you mean. But IMO Klaw was more entertaining than Killmonger, who came off as a phase 1 villain to me. Plus those plot points could've still happened another way. Idk why T'Challa even struggled against Erik in the waterfall area tbh when he's shown to easily defeat Klaw.
    Eh, it was clear between the water fall fight and. The underground fight, T'Challa wsd the superior fighter, he struggled Because the shocking news he just learned about his father. Even then he had two clear chances to kill Erik on that fight had he chose to

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    The sequel will likely focus on everyone else. Without the main character literally nothing but whatever narrative coogler wants to push needs to be focused on in addition to whatever overarching world-building that Marvel Executives place into the movie.
    Oh. I was hoping to see a more focused narrative

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh, it was clear between the water fall fight and. The underground fight, T'Challa wsd the superior fighter, he struggled Because the shocking news he just learned about his father. Even then he had two clear chances to kill Erik on that fight had he chose to
    I can see that. I guess he was fighting a battle on physical and psychological fronts

I see what you mean. But IMO Klaw was more entertaining than Killmonger, who came off as a phase 1 villain to me. Plus those plot points could've still happened another way. Idk why T'Challa even struggled against Erik in the waterfall area tbh when he's shown to easily defeat Klaw.
    Roughly 40 seconds into their fight T'Challa could have killed Erik if he wanted to, he had 2 chances to do so but but didn't because he didn't want to kill him. If he wasn't nice or emotionally and mentally compromised before the fight Erik would've been dead making that fight not even a minute long.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Roughly 40 seconds into their fight T'Challa could have killed Erik if he wanted to, he had 2 chances to do so but but didn't because he didn't want to kill him. If he wasn't nice or emotionally and mentally compromised before the fight Erik would've been dead making that fight not even a minute long.
    That's true. Maybe I'm remembering it all wrong

Mighty Member

Oh. I was hoping to see a more focused narrative
    You can tell the writers put most of their emphasis in the script in world building Wakanda. Many times when that happens, character development suffers. They did introduce so many characters to the BP universe with T'Challa interacting between them acting as a bit of a cypher for Wakanda.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    You can tell the writers put most of their emphasis in the script in world building Wakanda. Many times when that happens, character development suffers. They did introduce so many characters to the BP universe with T'Challa interacting between them acting as a bit of a cypher for Wakanda.
    Thr problem is it was hard for me to get attached to many of them. Aside from Okoye and Shuri, and maybe M'Baku, the other Wakandans didnt have identifiable personalities

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    The charater development that suffered was the supporting cast. Nakia, Okoye, W'kabi, Shuri never evolved in film. They had no arc. They all had cool moments but character wise... they are exactly who they are the moment we first meet them.

Only Tchalla and M'baku evolve throughout the film.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Final order cutoff is the 19th so if you want any of the 11 Black Panther variants at $5.99 a pop get your orders in. Or just wait till Midtown Comics has a 75% off sale to get them like they are currently doing this weekend with Agents of Wakanda and BP variants (only the Ken Lashley one from issue 7).

It's almost over folks.

For those seeking better black lead material-Dreaming Eagles by Garth Ennis is back in trade. The story about a Tuskegee Airman.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The charater development that suffered was the supporting cast. Nakia, Okoye, W'kabi, Shuri never evolved in film. They had no arc. They all had cool moments but character wise... they are exactly who they are the moment we first meet them.

Damn. Not use to seeing a bad BP film take from you. Usually its just you missing nuances in Coates stuff,lol jk..

Everyone changed except Nakia and Shuri. Which its not really expected that EVERY character has some huge arc. However, others did its just subtle.

W'Kabi did evolve. Although you could add that removing the deleted scene didnt help. He didnt put down his weapon because Okoye said so, but because he saw black men and women killing each other. He decided at that moment that he wouldn't let his grief completely corrupt him like Killmonger.

Okoye's was turning on Killmonger. While a technicality with the challenge she found her reason to rebel.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-16-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Watching the show Them on Amazon. Uhhh...its rough. lol

However, Deborah Ayorinde would have been a great Monica Lynne

Ultimate Member

Idk how or why she would've fit into this movie

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But apparently all you need is a witty line or two and a action sequence and your golden in terms of development. Can carry a movie franchise now
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-16-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Idk how or why she would've fit into this movie
    Never said she would. Just saying she would have been good for the character.