Page 278 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378778 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Watching Zemo on F&WS makes me wish they didnt kill Klaue off. Even though it made total sense story wise and helped ground the movie.
    You think he would've appeared on the show?

Eh, Klaue was never nuanced enough to keep around and be "deep"

He's an arm dealer who appears to be a bit of an adrenaline junky.

Zemo was deeper than that from the word go. Deeper characters are always better to keep around bc you get ot know more and more about them.

So, unless we want an origin story going in how the hell did Klaue find Wakanda and how the hell did him and N'jobobobobobbobobobobo meet and form an alliance.. not sure what else you could do with him.

I do think the "killmonger kills his GF for no reason and then kills klaue" set piece was the stupidest part of the movie.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Zemo was deeper than that from the word go. Deeper characters are always better to keep around bc you get ot know more and more about them.

So, unless we want an origin story going in how the hell did Klaue find Wakanda and how the hell did him and N'jobobobobobbobobobobo meet and form an alliance.. not sure what else you could do with him.

I do think the "killmonger kills his GF for no reason and then kills klaue" set piece was the stupidest part of the movie.
    They could've made him deeper though. They made the Vulture interesting, after all. And Zemo was changed a lot for Civil War, only to be made somewhat more comic accurate for FaWS

I'm wondering now who will be the antagonist in BP2

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Once again something from the movie goes over your head. Kilmonger killing his girlfriend was another key difference between him and the Wakandans. Okoye was ready to kill W'Kabi for what she thought she had to do. Yet, with her she used as much restraint as she could.

There are several things floating throughout the movie about how Killmonger relates to Wakandans, but how he reacts differently because he was born in America.

While Klaue is not as deep as Zemo. Im just talking purely for entertainment purposes. He would have been a fun character to see popping back up.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    is Ghana the outlier or the rule as it pertains to the idea of gender roles within the continent?
    More so, there's alot more gender equality around the world when it pertains to other countries than the Western lense would like people to think. Hence why to this day we still get the stereotypes roaming around and people just accept it as the as truth

Once again something from the movie goes over your head. Kilmonger killing his girlfriend was another key difference between him and the Wakandans. Okoye was ready to kill W'Kabi for what she thought she had to do. Yet, with her she used as much restraint as she could.

There are several things floating throughout the movie about how Killmonger relates to Wakandans, but how he reacts differently because he was born in America.

While Klaue is not as deep as Zemo. Im just talking purely for entertainment purposes. He would have been a fun character to see popping back up.
    Okoye didn't use restraint, she simply told W'kabi she would kill him without hesitation. Erik was angry black man incarnate, and it really came down to him just using people until they became a liability then he would throw them away. It wasn't anything to do with the difference between him and other Wakandans, but rather he was so angry with the world that he would literally set the world on fire of it meant he would get what he wantes, and ultimately getting what he wanted would likely be at the cost of everything. "Burn it all" had a double meaning

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Okoye didn't use restraint, she simply told W'kabi she would kill him without hesitation. Erik was angry black man incarnate, and it really came down to him just using people until they became a liability then he would throw them away. It wasn't anything to do with the difference between him and other Wakandans, but rather he was so angry with the world that he would literally set the world on fire of it meant he would get what he wantes, and ultimately getting what he wanted would likely be at the cost of everything. "Burn it all" had a double meaning
    Nah

Joe Robert Cole mentioned how Killmonger relates to Wakandans throughout. He's just "lost"

You can disagree, but how Killmonger handled his GF situation and then how W'Kabi/Okoye thing played out wasnt just there for no reason. Killmonger was committed to Wakanda. And if that meant killing his GF so be it. Okoye was committed to Wakanda and if that meant killing her husband so be it. However, she's not as reckless or loveless like Killmonger where she would just do it without a thought.

It seemed pretty clear to me that N'jobobo-bobobo found HIM, and traded him knowledge of Wakanda's location & resources for weapons.

At the end of the day, though, Klaw was never really that interesting to me, in the comics OR the MCU. He's basically Racist with a Ray Gun™.

Once again something from the movie goes over your head.
    Just because I think it is stupid =/= going over my head.

But im sure your BFA makes you see films so deeply and accurately that a mere plebian like me could never understand.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Was it really for no reason? He was doing it to kill Klaue and curry favor with the Wakandans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Was it really for no reason? He was doing it to kill Klaue and curry favor with the Wakandans.
    I said GF, you said Klaue

so not sure what you are asking me.

I thought shooting his gf right between the eyes in the moment was silly and pointless.

killing klaue fit the story.

I said GF, you said Klaue

so not sure what you are asking me.

I thought shooting his gf right between the eyes in the moment was silly and pointless.

killing klaue fit the story.
    No, I meant he killed his girlfriend because Klaue was using her as a shield and Killmonger needed Klaue more than he needed her. So he killed her to get to Klaue. So it wasn't for no reason.

Nah

Joe Robert Cole mentioned how Killmonger relates to Wakandans throughout. He's just "lost"

You can disagree, but how Killmonger handled his GF situation and then how W'Kabi/Okoye thing played out wasnt just there for no reason. Killmonger was committed to Wakanda. And if that meant killing his GF so be it. Okoye was committed to Wakanda and if that meant killing her husband so be it. However, she's not as reckless or loveless like Killmonger where she would just do it without a thought.
    He played the role of angry black man, but it made more sense because of what happened to him. Okoye didn't show restraint perse as she was prepared to kill W'kabi, he simply surrendered. There was alot of stuff on the movie that was for comparisons, but a lot of the comparisons were between T'Challa and Erik. But not all

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No, I meant he killed his girlfriend because Klaue was using her as a shield and Killmonger needed Klaue more than he needed her. So he killed her to get to Klaue. So it wasn't for no reason.
    Dude shoulda spent more time with guns then because he hit her right in the eyes if he did that on accident. Didn't hit hte gun, kalws hand, or graze klaw... right between the eyes. Almost like he did it on purpose (and why only shoot once if you are just going ot shoot through her?)

Speaking of aim, good thing Klaue dind't go for a headshot or he woulda ended up the hero of BP lol

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    It seemed pretty clear to me that N'jobobo-bobobo found HIM, and traded him knowledge of Wakanda's location & resources for weapons.

At the end of the day, though, Klaw was never really that interesting to me, in the comics OR the MCU. He's basically Racist with a Ray Gun™.
    The question becomes, WHY did N'jobu team up with an obvious terrorist who intentionally attacked and killed Wakandans.

I think klaw works as a good powered up Avengers threat that T'Challa has to figure out how to get rid of for good because he doesn't die in the conventional sense.