Page 285 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385785 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I'm not familiar with Jean page but colorism is a hateful thing. He's Biracial and he's also black. Anyways, there's a rumor that coogler is creating an original character and marvel would never kill off t'challa after boseman passed away; off screen or otherwise
    Imagine creating an original character for Thor to Play Thor. Marvel clearly doesn't give a ish about this story.

Incredible Member

Apologies for the incorrect spelling of Shang Chi in my previous post. Stupid auto correct/predictive spelling.
    The fights look like it'll be interesting but tge film overall doesn't seem to be grabbing me. Maybe it'll change after a second trailer but for now I'm absolutely ambivalent towards this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post

Most of the general public don't read comics, so a lot of these characters are new to them anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I disagree. The comic characters had years of work put into them. I'd rather that be adapted than some OC
    A lot of these characters have nothing to do with their comic counterparts anyway.

MCU Nakia, for example, is absolutely nothing like comic Nakia.

MCU Zuri couldn't be more different from comic Zuri.

And I mean... before the redid his comic origin... MCU Killmonger is thinly tied to the comic version. And the stuff that matched, was off screen (going to MIT, raised in the states). His outright hatred for T'challa for something T'challa had no hand in is about hte only thing they matched lol. Did comic Killmonger even want to be king in Panthers Rage? I don't remember that motivation off the top of my head.

Or even MCU Shuri before the redid stuff.

So I mean... for supporting characters anyway... ain't too much difference between using "comic characters" and just making OC.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I disagree lol. Not every character needs to be adapted and not every character in their roster is good. The MCU is pretty much it's own entity at this point and they can do anything they want with and take it any direction they want regardless of source material. I'm down for them using it to introduce original heroes(especially Black) to the fold. It seems like a logical next step for them to make.

Most of the general public don't read comics, so a lot of these characters are new to them anyway.
    If they're not using Marvel characters what are they making Marvel movies?

Incredible Member

The whole 3rd act was a mess in terms of CGI, and I wish they kept the final fight above ground.

Hopefully the 2nd film will be more polished in this regard.
    I watched the Raid 2's kitchen fight scene for the first time in about 2 years and it just highlighted how T'Challa and Killmonger could have easily fought in the throne room or anywhere else for that matter and it could have easily worked so much better. Brilliant fight choreography that is a sheer test of wills, emotion and ideology where for T'Challa the gloves are off this time.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

The whole 3rd act was a mess in terms of CGI, and I wish they kept the final fight above ground.

Hopefully the 2nd film will be more polished in this regard.
    It was a mess in the theater. Not as bad at home. Still it was jarring base on the quality of the action we just saw in the waterfall scenes. However, it makes sense because as I've posted here before they really didnt have much time. Filmed stuff so quick for what they were trying to accomplish.

Sidenote: Check out this fight scene they cut out of the film. (Its a rehearsal)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CMA0vipA...d=3p5nmxhrmcy6

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I watched the Raid 2's kitchen fight scene for the first time in about 2 years and it just highlighted how T'Challa and Killmonger could have easily fought in the throne room or anywhere else for that matter and it could have easily worked so much better. Brilliant fight choreography that is a sheer test of wills, emotion and ideology where for T'Challa the gloves are off this time.
    Just check out that instagram post I just posted. THAT was incredible. However, they tried to CGI up everything and then chose a boring location to shoot it. Hard to accomplish what you want when you're rushing through a major scene like that.

Feige or someone needed to step in and say we dont have time to film in the mines (no matter how great the idea of it is). They should have fought on the cliff where Killmonger died.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    A lot of these characters have nothing to do with their comic counterparts anyway.

And I mean... before the redid his comic origin... MCU Killmonger is thinly tied to the comic version. And the stuff that matched, was off screen (going to MIT, raised in the states). His outright hatred for T'challa for something T'challa had no hand in is about hte only thing they matched lol. Did comic Killmonger even want to be king in Panthers Rage? I don't remember that motivation off the top of my head.

So I mean... for supporting characters anyway... ain't too much difference between using "comic characters" and just making OC.
    Supporting characters is one thing but the titular character being a completely new creation even in name is never done.
    Does anybody here think we'll ever see a Spider-Man movie starring Jeff Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    No MCU film has had choreography anywhere near the Raid. Hell, barely any films have lol but definitely not the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    It was a mess in the theater. Not as bad at home. Still it was jarring base on the quality of the action we just saw in the waterfall scenes. However, it makes sense because as I've posted here before they really didnt have much time. Filmed stuff so quick for what they were trying to accomplish.
    It looked so much better at home to the point it doesn't bother me at all. So did the Nigeria scene. I wonder if they continued working on it or if it is just "home vs theater" type of thing.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Just check out that instagram post I just posted. THAT was incredible. However, they tried to CGI up everything and then chose a boring location to shoot it. Hard to accomplish what you want when you're rushing through a major scene like that.
    They obviously cut it for time reasons, not because of CGI.

Feige or someone needed to step in and say we dont have time to film in the mines (no matter how great the idea of it is). They should have fought on the cliff where Killmonger died.
    They needed a way to get around the suits, hence the Mine/Train.

No MCU film has had choreography anywhere near the Raid. Hell, barely any films have lol but definitely not the MCU.

It looked so much better at home to the point it doesn't bother me at all. So did the Nigeria scene. I wonder if they continued working on it or if it is just "home vs theater" type of thing.
    I've heard one theory that it was supposed to be "that dark" during the Nigeria scene. Making it more realistic how people couldnt see him. And then they brightened it up for the home release. Idk if thats true or not, but it makes sense.

Ultimate Member

Tbh, I didn't see the point in using all those supporting characters anyway. I don't think the end results were worth it

And I didn't see the need to make Killmonger and T'Challa related

Although I think some of the hallways fights in the Netflix shows come close, which gives me hope for the Moon Knight series, which looks absolutely brutal. Especially since the 2014 volume of the comic had an issue homaging the film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Although I think some of the hallways fights in the Netflix shows come close, which gives me hope for the Moon Knight series, which looks absolutely brutal. Especially since the 2014 volume of the comic had an issue homaging the film.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but why exactly should these characters be brutal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not trying to be argumentative, but why exactly should these characters be brutal?
    Moon Knight in the comics can be... unhinged?