Page 286 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Idk if I really need to see it go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Although I think some of the hallways fights in the Netflix shows come close, which gives me hope for the Moon Knight series, which looks absolutely brutal. Especially since the 2014 volume of the comic had an issue homaging the film.
    to be fair, that was Marvel Entertainment

but yeah, some of the DD stuff and that punisher scene in prison were pretty dope
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if I really need to see it go that far.
    Eh, it is kind of his thing though.

Like why he wears white lol.

If Khonshu had his way, Marc would be the Punisher.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Shang Chi trailer was awesome and I love that it's a majority Asian cast in a blockbuster. I'm upset about T'challa not being in the MCU and all that entails but I'm excited for Shang chi

Semi long tangent -
    I'm perpetually frustrated that t'challa didn't get any good fight scenes in BP1; with the 3rd act fight scene being the poster child for horrible CGI. Look at the winter soldier; part of the reason captain America endeared himself to some many fans in the MCU was because he was a badass in that movie. I was banking on BP2 being t'challa's winter soldier but oh well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eh, it is kind of his thing though.

Like why he wears white lol.

If Khonshu had his way, Marc would be the Punisher.
    I guess so. I've just never seen the need for brutality, especially from some lone vigilante who thinks he has the right to hurt whomever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Shang Chi trailer was awesome and I love that it's a majority Asian cast in a blockbuster. I'm upset about T'challa not being in the MCU and all that entails but I'm excited for Shang chi

Semi long tangent -
    I'm perpetually frustrated that t'challa didn't get any good fight scenes in BP1; with the 3rd act fight scene being the poster child for horrible CGI. Look at the winter soldier; part of the reason captain America endeared himself to some many fans in the MCU was because he was a badass in that movie. I was banking on BP2 being t'challa's winter soldier but oh well
    I though BP has good fight moves in CW.

Incredible Member

No MCU film has had choreography anywhere near the Raid. Hell, barely any films have lol but definitely not the MCU.
    Yeah, obviously but my point wasn't solely on equalling or topping the choreography but to at least focus on a brutal enough (whatever we can get away with in a og13 film)1 on 1 fight where the fight tells the unfolding story and we really see these guys go at it. It doesn't need to be 8 minutes long but it sure damn well didn't need to take place in the mines. The raid fight took place in a damn kitchen lol

Semi long tangent -
    Yeah. T'Challa/BP fans have to be some of the unluckiest group of people in the entertainment fandom.

I though BP has good fight moves in CW.
    Might be unpopular opinion but id take BP action scenes in the solo over the CW stuff easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    but it sure damn well didn't need to take place in the mines. The raid fight took place in a damn kitchen lol
    It was to get around the suits. They effectively couldn't hurt each other with the suits on.

You would have had to introduce another way around the suits earlier in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Yeah. T'Challa/BP fans have to be some of the unluckiest group of people in the entertainment fandom.
    ...... this is a lil much lol

Might be unpopular opinion but id take BP action scenes in the solo over the CW stuff easily.

It was to get around the suits. They effectively couldn't hurt each other with the suits on.

You would have had to introduce another way around the suits earlier in the film.

Maybe it's a bit much but there is a semblance of truth though lol

Ultimate Member

At least he'll have a major role in the upcoming Avengers DLC. That's something, right?

A lot of these characters have nothing to do with their comic counterparts anyway.

MCU Nakia, for example, is absolutely nothing like comic Nakia.

MCU Zuri couldn't be more different from comic Zuri.

And I mean... before the redid his comic origin... MCU Killmonger is thinly tied to the comic version. And the stuff that matched, was off screen (going to MIT, raised in the states). His outright hatred for T'challa for something T'challa had no hand in is about hte only thing they matched lol. Did comic Killmonger even want to be king in Panthers Rage? I don't remember that motivation off the top of my head.

Or even MCU Shuri before the redid stuff.

So I mean... for supporting characters anyway... ain't too much difference between using "comic characters" and just making OC.
    For supporting Character sure you can take some libero, especially if they aren't very well established, however, most of the title heroes (Cap, Thor, IM, hulk) are pretty close to their comic counterparts, so for them to make an OC Character for the biggest black hero of all time? Would seem stupid. Especially given the history behind the character and to throw that away for (and obviously this just with a grain of salt) the description given for said OV months ago is just... Played out? Been there done that? More rags to riches? Meh. I would rather see the warrior superhero genius king that more of the same. Like, Black people can only be so excellent before you gotta shackle them down with BS.

At least he'll have a major role in the upcoming Avengers DLC. That's something, right?
    It is, even if the game is slightly above average in terms of quality.

Funny enough, some people on Twitter found a way to relate this to Boseman's death and I was just there scratching my head saying "Really?"

Semi long tangent -
    This i don't get. What was not good about T'Challas fight scenes? Sure the Nigeria scene was dark in theaters but at home not a big deal and pretty clear. I really don't get it. I mean, it's pretty clear T'Challa is alot stronger then Steve, and probably less flashy and more to the point so he isn't going to have a whole lot of theatrics when he takes down enemies. Jeni's going to be brutal and remove the threat with as little energy as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This i don't get. What was not good about T'Challas fight scenes? Sure the Nigeria scene was dark in theaters but at home not a big deal and pretty clear. I really don't get it. I mean, it's pretty clear T'Challa is alot stronger then Steve, and probably less flashy and more to the point so he isn't going to have a whole lot of theatrics when he takes down enemies. Jeni's going to be brutal and remove the threat with as little energy as possible.
    People like flashy.

I'm reminded of Bruce Lee, who had to slow down his moves when he filmed Green Hornet, because they didn't look as good on camera.

Heck, he had to be fancier than normal in his SCREEN TEST:

Yeah, when you actually rewatch CW and look at his scenes closely, it's actually not as impressive as people hype it up to be, sure he almost kills Bucky, but then we have things were he is put on a head lock by hawkeye, stopped by widow, AND he is the only person in terminator mode and does... About as well as everyone else who is fighting but not at all really going for the jugular. Where as his solo? Dude is putting in work.

As for the suits. Yeah it was a blessing and a curse, some really good durability feats, but the line was so dark it was hard to see and not as clean as it could of been. But at the same time I am not sure what would of been the way to disable them so they weren't a factor at all this making the fight extra brutal between enhanced humans