Page 289 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389789 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Miss remembered nothing in regards to their first fight. It's the only one T'Challa "dominates" for several reasons. He's angry and he wants Bucky dead while Bucky just want to get away and not fight and isn't in WS mode. If Bucky didn't care or was in full on WS mode like Cap 2 that fight would have gone differently.

"Pressing his advantage" isn't much because it happens again at the airport and it didn't go well for T'Challa.

That kick was basically the only hit T'Challa got in during that whole fight. Before that Bucky dominated their fight and if he wanted to he could've put effort into the arm and choked T'Challa like he's done to Steve and everyone else before. The entire airport fight didn't do T'Challa any favors.
    Bucky dominated the airport fight?

Did you miss the part where T'Challa peeled off Bucky's robot arm against his will?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Tbh, I really didn't need the whole Wakanda battle. T'Challa and his allies vs Killmonger would've been enough
    Yeah T'Challa, Shuri Nakia and the DM vs Erik and the border tribe would of sufficed, maybe M'Baku comes in solo for a clutch save, all the whole T'Challa and Erik square off

ShangChi trailer definitely definitely gives off Black Panther vibes.

I think Shangchi's bus driver deserves her own movie

As for the Civil War fights, definitely nothing ground breaking as far as choreography and the Russos used the excuse of wanting to let Coogler define the characters abilities for holding back on what he should be capable of
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-19-2021 at 08:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah T'Challa, Shuri Nakia and the DM vs Erik and the border tribe would of sufficed, maybe M'Baku comes in solo for a clutch save, all the whole T'Challa and Erik square off
    Yeah, that would've been enough. Although I find the idea of Wakanda deciding their leader though combat to be a little outdated

Yeah, that would've been enough. Although I find the idea of Wakanda deciding their leader though combat to be a little outdated
    Perhaps, but there is no mention of any crisis emerging about this form of election system prior to N'Jadaka's meddling.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Perhaps, but there is no mention of any crisis emerging about this form of election system prior to N'Jadaka's meddling.
    Well, no, but how does it prove the winner would be a good leader? The idea of some kind of leadership test seems good to me, but combat isn't the only part of leadership, especially a nation hidden from the world until just recently

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think part of the hate comes from the fact its amost exactly like The Phantom Menace ending. 3 fights going, cutting back and forth, etc. That main PM fight was great, but again Phantom Menace vibes kinda irks people.

And yea if people look (or can see because of the darkness) the actual choreography you see Killmonger doing the knife flip and T'Challa perfectly countering every punch. Again best of both worlds have the train vibration destroy parts of the suits. Then take it to the cliff and we see T'Challa kill him there.
    t'challa kill move is one of the best sequences in the MCU. i'll fight people on that lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Miss remembered nothing in regards to their first fight. It's the only one T'Challa "dominates" for several reasons. He's angry and he wants Bucky dead while Bucky just want to get away and not fight and isn't in WS mode. If Bucky didn't care or was in full on WS mode like Cap 2 that fight would have gone differently.

"Pressing his advantage" isn't much because it happens again at the airport and it didn't go well for T'Challa.

That kick was basically the only hit T'Challa got in during that whole fight. Before that Bucky dominated their fight and if he wanted to he could've put effort into the arm and choked T'Challa like he's done to Steve and everyone else before. The entire airport fight didn't do T'Challa any favors.
    I like Bucky but you obviously like him more :P

He kneed him in the groin to stop the choke advance nad hten overpowered his arm. The flip to kick to deathstrike would hve been the end... why do mo kick when few kick do trick? lol

Having a king is outdated.

Being a theocracy is outdated.

Not colonizing is outdated.

Not expanding borders is outdated.

Having Doras is outdated.

uh oh... what is that sound..... do you guys hear that... oh no... by god, i know that music.... oh no... OH NO

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    t'challa kill move is one of the best sequences in the MCU. i'll fight people on that lol

He kneed him in the groin to stop the choke advance nad hten overpowered his arm. The flip to kick to deathstrike would hve been the end... why do mo kick when few kick do trick? lol

uh oh... what is that sound..... do you guys hear that... oh no... by god, i know that music.... oh no... OH NO

Pretty much lol. The need to inject realism into a world where aliens and demons are up and about seems nonsensical. You can be selective about what does and doesn’t make sense and people who want to write Black Panther should understand some things are just part of the franchise. I personally prefer that becoming BP was more comprehensive than just a fight but it’s not something worth spinning a story out of or trying to explain how it doesn’t work. It’s intellectually lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I personally prefer that becoming BP was more comprehensive than just a fight but it’s not something worth spinning a story out of or trying to explain how it doesn’t work. It’s intellectually lazy.
    Well, in the comics, it is supposed to be a fight, then the Rite of Ascension (fight warriors, something spiritual, then journey to the herb), and then you have to face Bast face-to-face.

And the king/tribal council/religious dudes can modify the Rite of Ascension if they want. And they can challenge the BP/King to certain obstacles to prove Bast still blesses him as well.

Throughout the decades, there actually WERE checks and balances to stop the BP title/powers passing to some evil or incompetent dude. Writers and Directors and such have always just ignored what they wanted whenever it was convenient to the story they wanted to tell. They all did it, from Priest to Hudlin to Coates to Coogler to varying degrees.

And hell... in a comic and MCU universe... you know what is pretty vital to your country surviving the endless onslaught of horrors? Having a leader who can kick ass lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Not sure what you're getting at here

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Pretty much lol. The need to inject realism into a world where aliens and demons are up and about seems nonsensical. You can be selective about what does and doesn’t make sense and people who want to write Black Panther should understand some things are just part of the franchise. I personally prefer that becoming BP was more comprehensive than just a fight but it’s not something worth spinning a story out of or trying to explain how it doesn’t work. It’s intellectually lazy.
    I think that's one of the problems when fans become creators. They have to try to add realism so that they're writing doesn't seem childish, probably why they love deconstruction so much instead of just rolling with it. I'm reminded of Grant Morrison's quote about the tires in the batmobile. An adult would ask who put the air in the tires, a kid wouldn't care.

Ultimate Member

I don't necessarily see the problem with adding some level of internal logic

My Dude, the simple fact that T'Challa is one of the few (of not only I dunno I don't watch MCU movies anymore) heroes to actually straight up deliver a killing blow to their enemy makes it one of the best sequences on top of it just being smooth (even Erik had to comment on it) as it was.

Yeah Bucky got owned by T'Challa period end of story, T'Challa made Bucky his B**ch and haunted his nightmares.

Don't even play man

Not sure what you're getting at here
    What MoS is getting at is Ta nehisis Coates the guy on the picture, the current writer of the dumpster fire that is the BP solo.

Started going on about not being able to wrap his mind around T'Challa and Wakanda and found the above to be outdated and set off to bring in "realism" to Wakanda which turned Wakanda into a literal stereotypical Western racist view of africa. From rape camps to contrived gender inequality, to turning early Wakandans onto colonizers and intergalactic Wakanda into slave owners. He asked the question of why does Wakanda have the above listed (okay to ask) but then instead of explaining WHY he went on to deem it bad, showing it only in a bad light and never cared to explore how it had worked for WK and then changed it.. in a very shitty fashion I will add, and inorder for him to be able to change it he had to force thing's onto the Mythos that never existed to make it work. Which still didn't make it work at all.

I don't necessarily see the problem with adding some level of internal logic
    How do you draw this line in a world with special rock meteors, Gods, magic stones, magic people, Demons, gamma monsters, ect?

Why is "warrior nation decides kingship/protector based on bloodline + combat" the line that needs logic all of a sudden?