Page 291 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 15079

If challenge day had been replaced with a spirited debate it probably would have made 1.347 TRILLION dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Who's giving these tests, Bast lol?

This is less realistic than having it done by combat man.

Instead of magical Gods, you got magical leadership college course and exams lol
    That would actually fit more in with Iron Fist, given KL's ties to ancient China (which has a history of competitive examinations for government posts).

I can't see it working in Wakanda.

"M'Baku! What are you doing here!"

"It's Challenge Day! I'm here to take Bashenga's Administrative Standardized Test! Where's my pencil!"

Ultimate Member

Instead of magical Gods, you got magical leadership college course and exams lol
    I don't know how you're making that into a bad thing

Now I'm imagining everyone pulling out Kimoyo calculators and trying to solve math problems before the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That would actually fit more in with Iron Fist, given KL's ties to ancient China (which has a history of competitive examinations for government posts).

I can't see it working in Wakanda.

"M'Baku! What are you doing here!"

"It's Challenge Day! I'm here to take Bashenga's Administrative Standardized Test! Where's my pencil!"
    LOL bruh, please tell me you made that B.A.S.T on purpose lolololololl

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't know how you're making that into a bad thing
    For a comic book world, it is a silly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Now I'm imagining everyone pulling out Kimoyo calculators and trying to solve math problems before the other.
    Take the test in the waterfall while the Tribes look on in anticipation
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

LOL bruh, please tell me you made that B.A.S.T on purpose lolololololl
    Guilty.

Ultimate Member

For a comic book world, it is a silly thing.
    I disagree. I think deciding one's leader in a modern world based on combat prowess along is silly, even in a comic book world

I disagree. I think deciding one's leader in a modern world based on combat prowess along is silly, even in a comic book world

Different strokes I suppose.

And it isn't a modern world. It is a COMIC world.

How you feel about Wakanda's Theocracy?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Different strokes I suppose.

And it isn't a modern world. It is a COMIC world.

How you feel about Wakanda's Theocracy?
    It's a comic world based in the modern world. The comic and the movie reference real world events and issues

Idk about the theocracy. Because Bast exists there, it's a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakanda is a utopian society that predates the concept of "Africa."

Super-hero comics suffer when too much "realism " is injected into them. Fledglings often confuse plausibility (superman can fly, everyone speaks english for some reason) with realism and realism with ugliness (how things often work in the actual real world).

Wakanda has more in common with Asgard or Attilan than it does with any modern African nation, or African history. They have kept themselves apart and they are actually superior. What would be more "realistic" is that all of African nations in the MU aspire to become what Wakanda has always been. What's plausible is that ALL African gods are based upon those worshipped in Wakanda.

Wakanda should be a place of legend, reverence, fear and wonder to every African child. Everything from a fairy tale to someplace to avoid to every African adult. Wakanda "coming out" and turning out to be REAL should be like if we found the actual Atlantis and it was a thriving, vibrant society of "Greeks" who were technologically, intellectually and physically superior to every human and human society on Earth. Exactly like that.

Corruptive "realism" has no place in Big 2 super-hero comics.
    Exactly. I mean, yes Wakanda would have done issues, that would be the case as they are human still, exceptional, but still prone to make mistakes. HOWEVER, these issues would be separate things all together and not what the west views africa to be (which another poster a few pages back posted links that patriarchal africa before Western colonization was actually how Wakanda is portrayed or equal treatment of men and women) and issues would be unique to Wakanda.

Yeah as you said Wakanda would be a legend, a fairly tale that inspires wonder and fear all at the same time. There would be some vague similarities that WK could have adopted from africa, even of for the sake of bringing some afrofuturist feels and incorporating some real Life comparisons in. But WK 100% should not be shackled with a western lense, especially a racist one

NGL this made me wheeze laugh out loud

Edit:

Cotdammit guys y'all are seriously wild I haven't laughed this hard in ages at the thread LOL.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-20-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakanda is a utopian society that predates the concept of "Africa."

Super-hero comics suffer when too much "realism " is injected into them. Fledglings often confuse plausibility (superman can fly, everyone speaks english for some reason) with realism and realism with ugliness (how things often work in the actual real world).

Wakanda has more in common with Asgard or Attilan than it does with any modern African nation, or African history. They have kept themselves apart and they are actually superior. What would be more "realistic" is that all of African nations in the MU aspire to become what Wakanda has always been. What's plausible is that ALL African gods are based upon those worshipped in Wakanda.

Wakanda should be a place of legend, reverence, fear and wonder to every African child. Everything from a fairy tale to someplace to avoid to every African adult. Wakanda "coming out" and turning out to be REAL should be like if we found the actual Atlantis and it was a thriving, vibrant society of "Greeks" who were technologically, intellectually and physically superior to every human and human society on Earth. Exactly like that.

Corruptive "realism" has no place in Big 2 super-hero comics.
    Precisely. The need to Water down Tchalla OR Wakanda is always a bad take.

Why does this nation fight for rulership?
    A. Because its entertaining and thus is comics.
    B. Tradition
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-20-2021 at 11:39 AM.

I don't necessarily see the problem with adding some level of internal logic
    But the logic has to fit within the world that the fantasy exist.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So, if I understand it, the BP movie had poor fight choreography, weak characterization of the lead, bad CGI, and plot elements (like Challenge Day) that don't make sense.

And it made $1.347 billion dollars!

Imagine how much more money it would have made if Coogler had simply done what the fans wanted!
    Age of Ultron made a boatload of money too

1. Money isnt always an indicator of quality
    2. Small nitpicks arent always an indicator of enjoyment.

I think all those things were true (except a couple) and while I certainly give credit to coogler for visuals and style that he brought to the franchise I don't give anyone credit for inventing the idea of black panther other than Stan and Jack. Chances are according to its social media presence before coogler even got hired this was going to be a hit no matter what. Just a matter of how big

Criticism is an important part of Art. We can critique while still enjoying the product for what it was despite it not being what we want it to be.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-20-2021 at 01:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    But the logic has to fit within the world that the fantasy exist.
    And I'm saying the logic here isn't airtight

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    [B]

NGL this made me wheeze laugh out loud

Edit:

Cotdammit guys y'all are seriously wild I haven't laughed this hard in ages at the thread LOL.
    Changamire probably hit hte books EXTRA hard the year after T'chaka took his girl

Gonna pay T'chaka back at the yearly Academic Debate! Take the Throne from him via facts, figures, and graphs!