Page 292 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392792 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not quite the best defense. Those actors and business men have long been stated to be terrible leaders.
    And yet they were still elected which not only supports my defence but makes my point all the more poignant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think more trials on things like diplomacy, community building, education and so forth. Things which leaders deal with day to day

And yet Killmonger, a vicious killer, wins the trial and becomes leader. how did that work out?
    First correction, he didn't actually win the trial. Secondly, his plan was no different to what real world western elected leaders actually carried out, got away with and the ramifications are still being felt right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    And yet they were still elected which not only supports my defence but makes my point all the more poignant.
    First correction, he didn't actually win the trial. Secondly, his plan was no different to what real world western elected leaders actually carried out, got away with and the ramifications are still being felt right now.
    That's true. But that doesn't somehow make the Wakandan system any better. Other nations need to find better ways of choosing leaders and holding them accountable as well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    How do you draw this line in a world with special rock meteors, Gods, magic stones, magic people, Demons, gamma monsters, ect?

Why is "warrior nation decides kingship/protector based on bloodline + combat" the line that needs logic all of a sudden?
    When that leader is a black man.

No one questions Black Bolt, Aquaman, Namor, Odin, Doom, Darksied, Wonder Woman's mother or Skrulls.

Remember when people gave Iron Man a pass for being able to make technology out of thin air but the Vibranium technology used in the first BP didn't make sense according to these people?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

No one questions Black Bolt, Aquaman, Namor, Odin, Doom, Darksied, Wonder Woman's mother or Skrulls.
    Do aquaman threads complain about Atlantis government?

Hell, if you wanna talk abou ta stupid system, look at MCU thor haha. Thor just goes "here you go valkryie" and leaves lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I don't remember when this became a race thing.

I was actually glad when Thor gave up the leadership in the MCU. He never seemed to be a good fit IMO

I don't remember when this became a race thing.

I was actually glad when Thor gave up the leadership in the MCU. He never seemed to be a good fit IMO
    He gave it to a drunk with PTSD who has been off world for.... Thors whole life lol?

Asguardians probably like, "**** is this another secret child of Odin or what?"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

He gave it to a drunk with PTSD who has been off world for.... Thors whole life lol?

Asguardians probably like, "**** is this another secret child of Odin or what?"
    That's part of the problem. They should've had a say in it. I'm just saying Thor wasn't leadership material so he shouldn't have continued. Really Sif probably would've been good, or maybe some yet unheard of.

Do aquaman threads complain about Atlantis government?

Yes, they do.

People have criticized Wonder Woman and Aquaman for being monarchs. Darkseid is a villain and the way he runs his planet isn't supported by anyone. The entire Inhumans way of life has been scrutinized.

How? If your argument is that T'Challa is like these guys then that's a pretty poor defense of his claim to leadership.

Incredible Member

You might want to circle back and re-read what I was saying.

That's part of the problem. They should've had a say in it. I'm just saying Thor wasn't leadership material so he shouldn't have continued. Really Sif probably would've been good, or maybe some yet unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes, they do.

People have criticized Wonder Woman and Aquaman for being monarchs. Darkseid is a villain and the way he runs his planet isn't supported by anyone. The entire Inhumans way of life has been scrutinized.
    The funny thing about wanting "realistic" governments is that is how you get Coates Season 2.

Where there is a democracy and a parliament or whatever... yet everyone asks just still stands around and asks the main character what to do at all times.

Comic fans/writers like the idea of a "democracy" in these places until they have to tell actual stories and then they are just in the way of the story.

Ultimate Member

The funny thing about wanting "realistic" governments is that is how you get Coates Season 2.

Where there is a democracy and a parliament or whatever... yet everyone asks just still stands around and asks the main character what to do at all times.

Comic fans/writers like the idea of a "democracy" in these places until they have to tell actual stories and then they are just in the way of the story.
    Just because one writer didn't do it right, it doesn't mean others won't. It's not "either_or"

Just because one writer didn't do it right, it doesn't mean others won't. It's not "either_or"
    It isn't about one writer. It is a narrative dead end.

Do you want every story interrupted with a trip back to the parliament or council to debate the heroes actions before he does it?

Aaron had a council of realms or whatever in his run. And "all mothers" of Asguardia. Guess who is the rule/all father now?

They tried a democratic approach to Inhumans with New Attilian. Guess who they still focused on? the Royal Family.

These stories never go anywhere because there is very little you can do with them before the council/parliament/whatever is just in the way of the story they want to tell. The parliament is always side characters and not the main hero. So, Then they just disgard it and act like it never existed when convenient. And if that i what they are going to do.... what is the point of wasting a year with the middle man?