Page 295 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395795 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I liked the use of the council in that mini.

About the only time the council had any teeth... but still limited in his scope.

The challenged his fitness to rule essentially, he took the challenge and it was pass or fail.

Once they believed he passed, they gave the throne back.

I don't need stories where T'challa is challenged for every little decision he makes by people like Chang lol. I like my T'challa like KiB... shows up, makes boss moves and boss decisions. I don't need "well actually...." in the background lol
    There is nothing wrong with having a "well actually...." character as long as Tchalla can either outsmart them and/or prove them wrong further validating why he is the best king.

I liked T'challa in Avengers today.

And more Blade!

oh and remember when T'challa has been too busy in his own solo book to do stuff....

spoilers:
    like rape camps and ****? well, apparently he can find time to look over medical files of a 9 year old at a cancer hospital and clear his schedule to get there early in the middle of 20 other tasks

bc that is what T'challa does. Because he is a bast damn hero

Coates is a idiot

end of spoilers

I'm confused what is going on with the book though... looks like we are revisting Vampire arc (one of the better ones) but... Heroes Reborn is soon right? and WW she Hulk? When is this going to be explored? Is there a blade book coming out?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 04-21-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I liked T'challa in Avengers today.

And more Blade!

oh and remember when T'challa has been too busy in his own solo book to do stuff....

spoilers:
    like rape camps and ****? well, apparently he can find time to look over medical files of a 9 year old at a cancer hospital and clear his schedule to get there early in the middle of 20 other tasks

bc that is what T'challa does. Because he is a bast damn hero

Coates is a idiot

end of spoilers

I'm confused what is going on with the book though... looks like we are revisting Vampire arc (one of the better ones) but... Heroes Reborn is soon right? and WW she Hulk? When is this going to be explored? Is there a blade book coming out?
    With how Marvel has been handling things, I'm expecting an announcement for a Blade series whenever we get closer to the film's release.

Yep. The lack of separation between the MCU and everything else is really a disservice to fans. It's been shown that it doesn't work in their video game department and I have yet to see anything showing its paying off in their animation Department. No idea on the comics end

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yep. The lack of separation between the MCU and everything else is really a disservice to fans. It's been shown that it doesn't work in their video game department and I have yet to see anything showing its paying off in their animation Department. No idea on the comics end
    You think more synergy might help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Synergy is likely to hurt T’Challa going forward due to obvious real life circumstances.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Synergy is likely to hurt T’Challa going forward due to obvious real life circumstances.
    Oh yeah.

Ok. I'm not saying there should be Phantom-Menace style debates in every single frame, am I?

I'm just saying, if the leader has this level of power, he/she should be chosen for more than just combat. Why's that so unreasonable?

And why do comics always seem to make consultation and democratic thinking seem evil?
    I never said that you did my friend, you asked a question and I answered. The reason is just very simple, it's not important enough to dive into. There is more to it than simply combat. Several runs have shown the other aspects of it. The most simplified version was probably Hudlins. You win challenge day, you take the HSH and then you are judged by bast, of she deems you worthy you are now the BP of she doesn't in most cases you get eaten. The only exception to that was Shuri and that was because bast saw the potential in her once she let go of her ego

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Well, I've said this before: DC & Marvel Comics are some of the only major multimedia franchises without consistent representation.

You don't see differences between the Star Wars movies, books, and comics (anymore). Same with Doctor Who. And I'm not even going to TRY to list the examples in anime/manga. I'm not sure if it's because of a lack of a unified corporate vision, or because the publishing arm still wants to think that they are driving the fandom.

"Oh, we'll take elements from the movies to attract readers, but WE are the REAL stories."

Meanwhile, the sales on the Avengers comic dance around 50K. And that's WITH variant covers, events, and sales incentives.

(It's not even worth looking at the numbers of T'Coates).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I mean, Doc Savage T'Challa isn't really my thing and I'd rather he be a little more Wakand-based (with the occasional globe-trotting adventure) but I think Redjack still delivered on a good adventure cartoon with T'Challa as the lead. I also liked the flashbacks to past Black Panthers. I just also would've loved to see them focus a little more on Wakanda itself...

I'm not sure what's next for Marvel Animation with Feige in charge. Feels like they're just doubling-down on the MCU.

I'm reminded of those episodes in the Clone Wars that focused on Padme and politics and I remember people talking about how dull they were (although I didn't hate them).

That's what he has advisers for, like Shuri.
    If that What If...? series is anything to go by Disney’s probably gonna double down on MCU synergy with the cartoons. I mean their first major animated project literally has the MCU actors and features alternate reality stories based on the movies lol. Just because Marvel has the resources and talent to make a Young Justice style animated universe doesn’t mean they will.

The question is how far can you take the synergy? Let’s say Feige throws Hemsworth a big enough bag to do Thor animated stuff, are you just gonna make it a prequel? Or do more alt reality stuff, in which case why spend all that money when you can use someone else and go completely wild? There’s pretty hefty limitations characterization/story-wise if you make all the animated stuff conform to the MCU and as Ekie said, it has not worked in past animated stuff, gaming, or even the comics to a lesser extent.

But then again I don’t think animation will ever be a priority for Marvel so maybe brief limited series and such with the MCU actors is all they feel needs to be done. Then they throw some low-quality cartoons on network TV for the really young kids. Hopefully I’m wrong and What If...? Is just a show of force for Disney to demonstrate their commitment to animation, but I get the feeling it’s gonna become just another extension of the MCU. In which case T’Challa is the biggest loser of all the major heroes since he probably won’t be relevant to the MCU going forward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I never said that you did my friend, you asked a question and I answered. The reason is just very simple, it's not important enough to dive into. There is more to it than simply combat. Several runs have shown the other aspects of it. The most simplified version was probably Hudlins. You win challenge day, you take the HSH and then you are judged by bast, of she deems you worthy you are now the BP of she doesn't in most cases you get eaten. The only exception to that was Shuri and that was because bast saw the potential in her once she let go of her ego
    Ok. I just thought combat isn't enough to judge a leader, especially seeing how advanced Wakanda is and how much science is a major part of Wakandan life. I didn't mention this, but I also thought the idea of an African nation deciding leadership by combat might be stereotypical. But, I guess Bast is ok with it. Having an actual god-being makes some difference I suppose

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, I've said this before: DC & Marvel Comics are some of the only major multimedia franchises without consistent representation.

You don't see differences between the Star Wars movies, books, and comics (anymore). Same with Doctor Who. And I'm not even going to TRY to list the examples in anime/manga. I'm not sure if it's because of a lack of a unified corporate vision, or because the publishing arm still wants to think that they are driving the fandom.

"Oh, we'll take elements from the movies to attract readers, but WE are the REAL stories."

Meanwhile, the sales on the Avengers comic dance around 50K. And that's WITH variant covers, events, and sales incentives.

The problem is sometimes the movie changes are worse or more generic, and take away the interesting ideas of the comics. Imagine how much worse Janet Van Dyne would be if synergy was stronger, for instance

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With how Marvel has been handling things, I'm expecting an announcement for a Blade series whenever we get closer to the film's release.
    but but

I need Blade spoilers:
    as the sheriff of vampire country like right nto lol
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Selective synergy would help. The MCU did right by picking out stelfreezes force push for the habit as well as some of his aesthetics. The MCU Kinda picked up how Hudlin showcased Shuri as a genius in her own right, however the MCU cranked it up to 11 while taking T'Challa down from a 11 on the genius scale to a 7-8 aka he is smart but it's not so clear of he is Super genius smart like Tony, banner, and Shuri. That's an issue. Redjack did it right in panther quest. T'Challa and Shuri were geniuses on their own lanes that didn't step in any toes. Shuri focusing on the latest and greatest NOW whole T'Challa looks at the big endgame technical prowess plays on both of their strengths and gives them room to grow and develop

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

The comic arm of Marvel has as much freedom as it does because there are major differences in demographics and preferences between the people who consume comics on the direct market (which is still the most important facet of book success) and people who consume other types of superhero media. Casuals may like MCU Spider-Man but if Marvel were stupid enough to try and transplant Tom Holland’s iteration into the comics the book would have trouble and be mired in controversy.

So the comics take aspects from the MCU that make sense (certain side characters, concepts, and bits of characterization) but nonetheless remain distinct interpretations of the characters that longtime fans identify with and will support at sustainable levels. Trying to make these characters like the MCU versions won’t help sales, it’ll probably hurt. The direct market’s preferences with a lot of these characters will be eroded as it slowly dies and gets replaced by digital stuff that is much more accessible with a wider appeal. The comics are also basically incubators for new ideas and stories that get adapted into the movies, so ensuring high levels of creative freedom means you bring out the best work from writers. Ideally there should be a balance between allowing creators (from any medium) to come up with their own ideas and incorporating certain MCU elements.