Page 308 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Did anyone here actually want to see them together in the MCU? Just curious
    I think it could work just because the X office isn't around. I'm for it simply for the same reasons hudlin did it which was the pop culture aspect of it. It's basically an event that could be an entire movie and people would pay to see it. We're talkin about the Casual audience who doesn't know anything about anything and thinks shuri is the smartest character ever created in comics history.

That said I wouldn't have wanted to see it until black panther three or four. Once they actually gave Tchalla some stories and characterization.

But here we are today where nothing makes sense in the BP movie universe.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-23-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I think it could work just because the X office isn't around. I'm for it simply for the same reasons hudlin did it which was the pop culture aspect of it. It's basically an event that could be an entire movie and people would pay to see it. We're talkin about the Casual audience who doesn't know anything about anything and thinks shuri is the smartest character ever created in comics history.

That said I wouldn't have wanted to see it until black panther three or four. Once they actually gave Tchalla some stories and characterization.

But here we are today where nothing makes sense in the BP movie universe.
    Idk if I'd really care for it. It would seem so random after all these movies. I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm not clamoring for it, especially with the MCU's subpar track record on romance. It still seems to me like "They're from Africa, stick them together!" They don't treat White heroes like that

I think the MCU emphasized Shuri's intelligence because, up to that point, the MCU didn't have any geniuses who weren't White men, and she stands out heavily from that. At least, that's what I assume.

Idk if I'd really care for it. It would seem so random after all these movies. I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm not clamoring for it, especially with the MCU's subpar track record on romance. It still seems to me like "They're from Africa, stick them together!" They don't treat White heroes like that

I think the MCU emphasized Shuri's intelligence because, up to that point, the MCU didn't have any geniuses who weren't White men, and she stands out heavily from that. At least, that's what I assume.
    Well now they don't have any who are black men LOL and none on their way. But they have two young black female Geniuses on the way so that's going to make three

Ultimate Member

Well now they don't have any who are black men LOL and none on their way. But they have two young black female Geniuses on the way so that's going to make three
    Yeah, that's unfortunate. Marvel in general needs to do better in making Black science/engineering-focused characters. The Avengers probably has the most prominent Black male heroes, but not many fulfill the scientist-roles, unless I'm missing anyone

At least DC has Cyborg, right?

Who's the other female one coming?

Ultimate Member

I remember Monica Lynne. Didn't she die? And why didn't the X-office like the romance?
    Pretty much what happens is you don't like getting showed up by someone else.

That can lead to jealousy and bitterness. Because it's someone else proving you wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Pretty much what happens is you don't like getting showed up by someone else.

That can lead to jealousy and bitterness. Because it's someone else proving you wrong.
    You'd think they'd be above that

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    LOL my dude, of Marvel had made Okoye T'Challas LI in the movie, given fab reception and such, she would of blown Storm out of the water. Storm is not on some unobtainable pedestal at all. The only people complaining would probably be x fans especially of T'Challa told her off on panel

RJ did a good job mixing magic and science with KiB for Shuri.

But a magic user does open up more stories T'Challa usually isn't involved in so I would be down
    Big facts, give BP Vixen type or Bumblebee type or XS type character for him to date & the Storm stank will disappear almost immediately..

True Shuri being show as a Alchemist was long over due & needs to continue as a main role in myths imo

It's funny you say that. He actually liked a tweet of mine that said Black Panther and storm getting married in the MCU would dominate pop culture completely completely completely since there is no seperate X-office to try and sabotage it.
    Dude knew BP was a gold mine before MCU BP ever happened. He was way ahead of the game.

Unfortunately, his thinking was way too far ahead. He thought putting the only two black characters anyway cared about back then (sorry Sam) together would elevate them both to iconic status, thus putting two minorities characters int he spotlight, thus likely leading to more minority characters rising up.

But, X office needed their back up dancer and just couldn't handle it. and weirdly, a large chunk of the fan base is cool with her being int he background of a X book.

Oh well, BP became a goldmine by himself while the other is still in the background. When freaking Sam, Rhodey, Okoye, Shuri, Valkryie, Ironheart, and Blade are about to be more of a household name... someone F'd up back then. Really really really really hard. Maybe trusting the president of BET would have been a good idea...

Luckily for Storm, there are ZERO black X woman worth a crap, so she is guarantee to still show up whenever MCU gets around to mutants

(until they race bend Rogue..... lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

But okoye and storm are on completely different levels interms of public popularity. Storm is an A-list character treated like a c-list character. Okoye even now isnt even a clister. Ppl think she's Ayo.
    The reception would have been nice and heartwarming I'm sure. But it definitely wouldn't have been the biggest thing to happen in pop culture for the casuals who readily recognize Storm
    Yea short of putting him with Captain Marvel or one of the other major X-Women, you’re not gonna find a higher profile love interest for T’Challa than Storm. And that’s perfectly fine, Superman doesn’t need Wonder Woman to have a great romance does he?

I could care less about the pop culture aspect of T’Challa and Storm, I just want a solid romance for the character that explores new dimensions of his character and expands his world without sidelining him in his own narrative. Storm is not the only character that can offer that. Monica, Zanda, Nightshade, Nakia, Colette Drumm, Adrienne Brashear, etc. can all do that even if they’re not as popular.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dude knew BP was a gold mine before MCU BP ever happened. He was way ahead of the game.

Unfortunately, his thinking was way too far ahead. He thought putting the only two black characters anyway cared about back then (sorry Sam) together would elevate them both to iconic status, thus putting two minorities characters int he spotlight, thus likely leading to more minority characters rising up.

But, X office needed their back up dancer and just couldn't handle it. and weirdly, a large chunk of the fan base is cool with her being int he background of a X book.

Oh well, BP became a goldmine by himself while the other is still in the background. When freaking Sam, Rhodey, Okoye, Shuri, Valkryie, Ironheart, and Blade are about to be more of a household name... someone F'd up back then. Really really really really hard. Maybe trusting the president of BET would have been a good idea...

Luckily for Storm, there are ZERO black X woman worth a crap, so she is guarantee to still show up whenever MCU gets around to mutants

(until they race bend Rogue..... lol)
    You think she'd be overshadowed by all those other characters in the MCU?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea short of putting him with Captain Marvel or one of the other major X-Women, you’re not gonna find a higher profile love interest for T’Challa than Storm. And that’s perfectly fine, Superman doesn’t need Wonder Woman to have a great romance does he?

I could care less about the pop culture aspect of T’Challa and Storm, I just want a solid romance for the character that explores new dimensions of his character and expands his world without sidelining him in his own narrative. Storm is not the only character that can offer that. Monica, Zanda, Nightshade, Nakia, Colette Drumm, Adrienne Brashear, etc. can all do that even if they’re not as popular.
    T'Challa and Carol is not a couple I ever considered. Most of those are fairly minor characters though. You think one of them could be built up enough?

She isn't inthe MCU and isn't going to be anytime soon.

Last mass media Storm was the last X-men movie... which was... great.... lol

This isn't a Storm thread though.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah the power couple thing sailed. Don't even need it anymore.

If superman can marry a reporter, Black Panther can marry Beyonce lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She isn't inthe MCU and isn't going to be anytime soon.

Last mass media Storm was the last X-men movie... which was... great.... lol

This isn't a Storm thread though.
    True. Idk if Marvel Studios ever even planned for them to be together. Anyway, back to topic

Astonishing Member

T'Challa and Carol is not a couple I ever considered. Most of those are fairly minor characters though. You think one of them could be built up enough?
    I don’t ever want to see T’Challa and Carol but it’s definitely one of only a handful of characters you can pair T’Challa with that’ll really make waves comparable to him and Storm. But as I said, I’d prefer the comics build up a more minor character as T’Challa’s new love interest, whether it be the socialite Monica Lynne, the exiled princess Zanda, or whoever. All the characters bring something unique to the table and they don’t need to be a mutant goddess in order to be fun, worthwhile additions to the world of BP. The desire to pair T’Challa up with an equal in terms of popularity and capability is understandable but I don’t need it personally.

Ultimate Member

I don’t ever want to see T’Challa and Carol but it’s definitely one of only a handful of characters you can pair T’Challa with that’ll really make waves comparable to him and Storm. But as I said, I’d prefer the comics build up a more minor character as T’Challa’s new love interest, whether it be the socialite Monica Lynne, the exiled princess Zanda, or whoever. All the characters bring something unique to the table and they don’t need to be a mutant goddess in order to be fun, worthwhile additions to the world of BP. The desire to pair T’Challa up with an equal in terms of popularity and capability is understandable but I don’t need it personally.
    I think maybe it comes from the fact of every other major Avenger-type hero having a non-hero love interest, so him have an actual superheroine as one might set him apart. I don't think it's necessary though. His LI could be powered or not, Either way, what really counts, at least for me, is it being stable and permanent, not just some adolescent will they/won't they nonsense