Page 309 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah the power couple thing sailed. Don't even need it anymore.

If superman can marry a reporter, Black Panther can marry Beyonce lol
    It’s not even a step down when you think about it. Sure she can’t fight and she isn’t a genius, but Monica Lynne could easily be revamped as a globe trotting socialite and humanitarian with strong connections to the world of government and entertainment. Maybe she’s got a few businesses on the side too. She’s no Emma Frost but she doesn’t need to be an incompetent damsel with no ambition like she was originally depicted. They’ve pulled every trick in the book to make Lois and MJ interesting but dudes are willing to drop the one wholesome, non-problematic love interest T’Challa has because she can’t whip up tornadoes or turn into cosmic energy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t ever want to see T’Challa and Carol but it’s definitely one of only a handful of characters you can pair T’Challa with that’ll really make waves comparable to him and Storm. But as I said, I’d prefer the comics build up a more minor character as T’Challa’s new love interest, whether it be the socialite Monica Lynne, the exiled princess Zanda, or whoever. All the characters bring something unique to the table and they don’t need to be a mutant goddess in order to be fun, worthwhile additions to the world of BP. The desire to pair T’Challa up with an equal in terms of popularity and capability is understandable but I don’t need it personally.
    It would be a **** storm with Carol. An absolute **** storm lol.

Are JJ and Luke still together?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Hail no I don't want to see Carol And Tchalla ever being together.Before you ask um yes that's the reason.

It’s not even a step down when you think about it. Sure she can’t fight and she isn’t a genius, but Monica Lynne could easily be revamped as a globe trotting socialite and humanitarian with strong connections to the world of government and entertainment. Maybe she’s got a few businesses on the side too. She’s no Emma Frost but she doesn’t need to be an incompetent damsel with no ambition like she was originally depicted. They’ve pulled every trick in the book to make Lois and MJ interesting but dudes are willing to drop the one wholesome, non-problematic love interest T’Challa has because she can’t whip up tornadoes or turn into cosmic energy lol.
    My man!

Monica could lead Wakanda's efforts to help other nations, thanks to her connections across the world as a global celebrity. Megan Merkle on steroids.

the good thing about "boring" love interests is that it means you don't have to explain their wherabouts 24/7. There is no "wellw hy didn't Storm XYZ" in every single fight lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

My man!

Monica could lead Wakanda's efforts to help other nations, thanks to her connections across the world as a global celebrity. Megan Merkle on steroids.

the good thing about "boring" love interests is that it means you don't have to explain their wherabouts 24/7. There is no "wellw hy didn't Storm XYZ" in every single fight lol.
    That would be a great idea for a revamped Monica. Maybe even Okoye or Shuri can show her how to fight a little bit so that she won’t be completely helpless if **** hits the fan (which in comic book land is pretty much every week. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

As long as Storm is out I don't care who the new LI is. Monica, Zanda, Carol, Gamora, Nakia, Shang-Chi's sister, it don't matter to me. Personally think T'Challa should be a bachelor for a while with a revolving door of LIs and not a monk waiting on Storm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Hail no I don't want to see Carol And Tchalla ever being together.Before you ask um yes that's the reason.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    As long as Storm is out I don't care who the new LI is. Monica, Zanda, Carol, Gamora, Nakia, Shang-Chi's sister, it don't matter to me. Personally think T'Challa should be a bachelor for a while with a revolving door of LIs and not a monk waiting on Storm.
    Really? Isn't that the same problem as every other hero?

I don’t ever want to see T’Challa and Carol but it’s definitely one of only a handful of characters you can pair T’Challa with that’ll really make waves comparable to him and Storm. But as I said, I’d prefer the comics build up a more minor character as T’Challa’s new love interest, whether it be the socialite Monica Lynne, the exiled princess Zanda, or whoever. All the characters bring something unique to the table and they don’t need to be a mutant goddess in order to be fun, worthwhile additions to the world of BP. The desire to pair T’Challa up with an equal in terms of popularity and capability is understandable but I don’t need it personally.
    Huh y’know I don’t hate the idea of T’Challa and Carol, but it’s the same problem as Storm where Carol is basically her own separate franchise. “Power couples” don’t really work unless they were specifically made to be power couples, or they’re B/C-Listers no one cares about. Twitter would have a meltdown at T’Challa hooking up with Carol though. That makes me kind of want to see it happen for the lols.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

My man!

the good thing about "boring" love interests is that it means you don't have to explain their wherabouts 24/7. There is no "wellw hy the time to didn't Storm XYZ" in ten days every single fight lol.
    Yup she’d basically be MCU Nakia but actually a celebrity and with little combat experience. Meghan Markle is exactly what I was thinking of. I want to see the Wakandan press going for the jugular with the headlines and saying shady **** about the royal family lol. T’Challa’s a king right, they should play with that more in terms of celebrity culture and social media, which can have a role in international relations if you play the right cards.

Monica would be a breath of fresh air IMO. But I’m not gonna act like the petty side of me doesn’t want to see the Internet melt down if the King of Wakanda started dating Carol Danvers lol. I wouldn’t be mad at it in an alternate reality, but I prefer T’Challa’s love interests to be black.

Ultimate Member

Yup she’d basically be MCU Nakia but actually a celebrity and with little combat experience. Meghan Markle is exactly what I was thinking of. I want to see the Wakandan press going for the jugular with the headlines and saying shady **** about the royal family lol. T’Challa’s a king right, they should play with that more in terms of celebrity culture and social media, which can have a role in international relations if you play the right cards.

Monica would be a breath of fresh air IMO. But I’m not gonna act like the petty side of me doesn’t want to see the Internet melt down if the King of Wakanda started dating Carol Danvers lol. I wouldn’t be mad at it in an alternate reality, but I prefer T’Challa’s love interests to be black.
    Why would the internet hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well do you really think people will take kindly to the king of an uncolonized African nation dating or possibly marrying a White woman? Though admittedly, the **** Storm would be fun to see.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well do you really think people will take kindly to the king of an uncolonized African nation dating or possibly marrying a White woman? Though admittedly, the **** Storm would be fun to see.
    Really? Interracial relationships are still being debated in 2021?

Yea short of putting him with Captain Marvel or one of the other major X-Women, you’re not gonna find a higher profile love interest for T’Challa than Storm. And that’s perfectly fine, Superman doesn’t need Wonder Woman to have a great romance does he?

I could care less about the pop culture aspect of T’Challa and Storm, I just want a solid romance for the character that explores new dimensions of his character and expands his world without sidelining him in his own narrative. Storm is not the only character that can offer that. Monica, Zanda, Nightshade, Nakia, Colette Drumm, Adrienne Brashear, etc. can all do that even if they’re not as popular.
    They might be better options Because they weren't treated like an exotic piece of add to be passed around x Characters. My choices are Monica Nightshade, or a OC magic user and that is Because of their personalities really. I would almost say that (and I'm not rooting for this) a Character like QDJ I think would be good for T'Challa.

I found it funny just how wtf is happening T'Challa would be and I think that would be great character development, to have a LI that is completely unorthodox to the nth degree

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because, let's be frank about this, there is longstanding hatred and contempt for interracial/multiracial romances, largely from the viewpoint of racists who fear "the pure white race being diluted, sullied, and tainted" by white people romantically and sexually intermixing with black people (or other nonwhite people, for that matter), though it's fairly hypocritical in light of the white slaveholders who forced themselves on enslaved black women (and/or other nonwhite women, for that matter as well). That alone would be enough to get people freaked out over seeing T'Challa and Carol swapping spit or whatever, and I still recall the kerfuffle started up over the hints in the Marvel Knights Four (or a similar comic) that Sue Storm-Richards was also attracted to T'Challa. Then there's all the B.S. stirred up over Carol Danvers's promotion as Captain Marvel in the last decade, and the sheer virulent hatred in some corners of comics fandom for her as a result, so that would be bringing blowback on T'Challa, too. To put it more succinctly, maybe: "The Internet is full of loudmouthed, maladjusted, myopic trolls who would make a big stink about this as an(other) opportunity to attack Carol, to attack T'Challa, to attack both of them, to attack Marvel as a whole, purely out of racism and sexism."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well when you out it that way... I mean Lynne the only person other than Storm who he was really open with. Dude slipped into her apartment and put some game on when she was chilling In Her surprisingly see through lingerie. I think that angle could work. She used her platform as a famous singer to actually start doing some good for her community, which kept raising up till she was a global humanitarian global success. I like this