Page 311 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411811 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Hell look at all the hate people had for Rodhey/War Machine because he was in a relationship with Carol. And how they celebrated when the writer just broke them up. He was beneath her they said, not on her level, she deserves better and he's dragging her down. All things that were never said about other non-black love interests. So imagine the shitstorm if she gets with T'Challa, they can't use those same arguments so they would resort to more explicit objections. X-fans like to claim tolerance and open-mindedness but went ape shit when Jean Grey got with Bishop, and that was an alternate reality. Being in 2021 means nothing to a lot of people, interracial relationships still rubs them the wrong way. However I don't think T'Challa would go for Carol, they seem more friends than lovers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well royals are expected to produce heirs to keep the bloodline going. But I don’t think he really needs one at the moment, though it would be cool to see how him being a father shakes things up.
    I guess I've always been a bit creeped out by obsession over royal reproduction. But if White heroes can have legacy children, so can Black heroes. Honestly it would be interesting if he had a younger heir in the same way some of the other Avengers do

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hell look at all the hate people had for Rodhey/War Machine because he was in a relationship with Carol. And how they celebrated when the writer just broke them up. He was beneath her they said, not on her level, she deserves better and he's dragging her down. All things that were never said about other non-black love interests. So imagine the shitstorm if she gets with T'Challa, they can't use those same arguments so they would resort to more explicit objections. X-fans like to claim tolerance and open-mindedness but went ape shit when Jean Grey got with Bishop, and that was an alternate reality. Being in 2021 means nothing to a lot of people, interracial relationships still rubs them the wrong way. However I don't think T'Challa would go for Carol, they seem more friends than lovers.
    That's why the mutant metaphor doesn't work. It makes people too comfortable with pretending to be about equality without actually supporting it.

Besides, isn't Rhdoey Carol's most notable romance anyway? Not that any romance sticks because, well, that's the nature of comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Why would the internet hate it?
    Man, are you really this innocent and pure lol? How old are you man?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because, let's be frank about this, there is longstanding hatred and contempt for interracial/multiracial romances, largely from the viewpoint of racists who fear "the pure white race being diluted, sullied, and tainted" by white people romantically and sexually intermixing with black people (or other nonwhite people, for that matter), though it's fairly hypocritical in light of the white slaveholders who forced themselves on enslaved black women (and/or other nonwhite women, for that matter as well). That alone would be enough to get people freaked out over seeing T'Challa and Carol swapping spit or whatever, and I still recall the kerfuffle started up over the hints in the Marvel Knights Four (or a similar comic) that Sue Storm-Richards was also attracted to T'Challa. Then there's all the B.S. stirred up over Carol Danvers's promotion as Captain Marvel in the last decade, and the sheer virulent hatred in some corners of comics fandom for her as a result, so that would be bringing blowback on T'Challa, too. To put it more succinctly, maybe: "The Internet is full of loudmouthed, maladjusted, myopic trolls who would make a big stink about this as an(other) opportunity to attack Carol, to attack T'Challa, to attack both of them, to attack Marvel as a whole, purely out of racism and sexism."
    Man, this is BS

It is black people who would throw a fit about T'challa hooking up with a white girl. Let's be honest. Black twitter would lose its shit (and so would half this thread lol)

Niki don't count Digi, that shit was all off panel lol. I need a Nikki cameo in BP two... aww shit now im sad again lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Man, this is BS

It is black people who would throw a fit about T'challa hooking up with a white girl. Let's be honest. Black twitter would lose its shit (and so would half this thread lol)

Niki don't count Digi, that shit was all off panel lol. I need a Nikki cameo in BP two... aww shit now im sad again lol
    Well, in retrospect I should've figured it out myself haha.

But honestly I'm sure a lot of hate would come from White fans. I don't think it would only be Black fans

Astonishing Member

Man, this is BS

The funny thing is Twitter would meltdown if T’Challa dated Carol but throw a celebration if Storm hooked up with Angel but that’s just life I guess lol.

So Wakandans aren't supposed to mix with other people? That seems weirdly regressive
    Given their superiority complex, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Wakandans looked down on T’Challa dating a non-Wakandans. I recall they called Storm a “witch” and were not fond of her. But Ramonda was not a native born Wakandan if I recall correctly.
    The X-fans weren’t happy about Synch and Laura potentially being a thing lol. Jean though is a goddamn minefield, she’s already dated so many different people, and with two of the most popular male X-Men in Logan & Scott being tied up with her there was no way people were going to just accept yet another rival. Plus Bishop himself alas came with baggage on account of the Messiah Trilogy. Not excusing it especially since it was just a crappy Elseworld, but Bishop never really stood a chance.

I’ve never really cared for Carol and her relationship with Rhodey seemed sort of chemistryless? They just seem to be together because they were both in the military but the snippets I’ve seen of their relationship don’t really seem to get into what they actually like about each other. But again Carol as a character doesn’t interest me much and Rhodey likewise isn’t someone I’m invested in. I don’t think T’Challa and Carol would be a great romance either but it might be fun for a bit. I’m sure the Wakandans would **** bricks that T’Challa brought a white girl home lmao.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Given their superiority complex, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Wakandans looked down on T’Challa dating a non-Wakandans. I recall they called Storm a “witch” and were not fond of her. But Ramonda was not a native born Wakandan if I recall correctly.

The X-fans weren’t happy about Synch and Laura potentially being a thing lol. Jean though is a goddamn minefield, she’s already dated so many different people, and with two of the most popular male X-Men in Logan & Scott being tied up with her there was no way people were going to just accept yet another rival. Plus Bishop himself alas came with baggage on account of the Messiah Trilogy. Not excusing it especially since it was just a crappy Elseworld, but Bishop never really stood a chance.

I’ve never really cared for Carol and her relationship with Rhodey seemed sort of chemistryless? They just seem to be together because they were both in the military but the snippets I’ve seen of their relationship don’t really seem to get into what they actually like about each other. But again Carol as a character doesn’t interest me much and Rhodey likewise isn’t someone I’m invested in. I don’t think T’Challa and Carol would be a great romance either but it might be fun for a bit. I’m sure the Wakandans would **** bricks that T’Challa brought a white girl home lmao.
    I understand Wakanda has pretty good reason not to trust the outside world. But they shouldn't let it devolve into racial purity tests

I don't see how Jean's relationship with the other 2 is sacrosanct if they just keep breaking up tbh. What was the problem with Synch and Laura though?

I'm not too especially invested in Carol and Rhodey, but I think it would be good if Marvel committed to more interracial relationships. I don't see Carol and T'Challa ever happening though

It's not race

Wakandans like wakandans. Period
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

It's not race

Wakandans like wakandans. Period
    Well, it seems a bit xenophobic

Astonishing Member

I don’t even think they like each other lol. Carol was giving him the side eye when he said he copied her energy signature without her permission and was talking to Storm about some “How did you marry a man like that!?” during Civil War II after he killed the Ultimates organization. I think they have respect for each other but T’Challa and Carol seem a lot more like work acquaintances than anything else. I don’t see them hanging out off duty and it’s clear T’Challa is way too underhanded to ever truly be trusted by Carol.

I like their dynamic as is because there’s tension without mischaracterization but there’s obvious respect between them. I don’t see much room for them romantically but as co-leads on a team book by Al Ewing, they were pretty great together. I hope the next BP book explores T’Challa’s relationships with the other Avengers as well. Pre-Aaron retcon Thor was Bast’s half-sister via Gaia, Thor should have some things to say about that lol. And I’m always down for more Cap/BP bromance.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t even think they like each other lol. Carol was giving him the side eye when he said he copied her energy signature without her permission and was talking to Storm about some “How did you marry a man like that!?” during Civil War II after he killed the Ultimates organization. I think they have respect for each other but T’Challa and Carol seem a lot more like work acquaintances than anything else. I don’t see them hanging out off duty and it’s clear T’Challa is way too underhanded to ever truly be trusted by Carol.

I like their dynamic as is because there’s tension without mischaracterization but there’s obvious respect between them. I don’t see much room for them romantically but as co-leads on a team book by Al Ewing, they were pretty great together. I hope the next BP book explores T’Challa’s relationships with the other Avengers as well. Pre-Aaron retcon Thor was Bast’s half-sister via Gaia, Thor should have some things to say about that lol. And I’m always down for more Cap/BP bromance.
    The non-romantic relationships seems to be more consistent and have more impact anyway

Astonishing Member

The non-romantic relationships seems to be more consistent and have more impact anyway
    So true. Friendships, rivalries, and other non-romantic stuff opens up plenty of story potential for T’Challa and also fleshes out his character. Priest was one of the only writers to really dig into the psychology of T’Challa as a conventional hero in relation to the other Avengers. The sense of alienation and deceit on T’Challa’s part was a really cool idea to explore. He wrote a definitive Iron Man/BP story that respected BOTH characters too.

I’d love more stuff like that in the modern era especially since T’Challa’s role in the MU is being evolved. Wakanda was a sleeping giant during Priest, an emergent power under Hudlin, and the next writer is gonna have to reckon with a Wakanda that is unabashedly at the forefront of global security and economics. That should change T’Challa’a dynamic with the other Avengers and while we got hints of that in Ultimates and Aaron’s Avengers, it’d be nice to see more of that in his own book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    So true. Friendships, rivalries, and other non-romantic stuff opens up plenty of story potential for T’Challa and also fleshes out his character. Priest was one of the only writers to really dig into the psychology of T’Challa as a conventional hero in relation to the other Avengers. The sense of alienation and deceit on T’Challa’s part was a really cool idea to explore. He wrote a definitive Iron Man/BP story that respected BOTH characters too.

I’d love more stuff like that in the modern era especially since T’Challa’s role in the MU is being evolved. Wakanda was a sleeping giant during Priest, an emergent power under Hudlin, and the next writer is gonna have to reckon with a Wakanda that is unabashedly at the forefront of global security and economics. That should change T’Challa’a dynamic with the other Avengers and while we got hints of that in Ultimates and Aaron’s Avengers, it’d be nice to see more of that in his own book.
    Yeah. I've read him a lot in team books, like Ultimates and Empyre, and seeing him do stuff like talking to a captive Galactus was pretty cool. I really do get more invested in the partnerships, friendships and rivalries between heroes and supporting characters more than the romances, and I like seeing T'Challa interact with his fellow heroes

Hopefully we get more of it in his books too

I understand Wakanda has pretty good reason not to trust the outside world. But they shouldn't let it devolve into racial purity tests

I don't see how Jean's relationship with the other 2 is sacrosanct if they just keep breaking up tbh. What was the problem with Synch and Laura though?

I'm not too especially invested in Carol and Rhodey, but I think it would be good if Marvel committed to more interracial relationships. I don't see Carol and T'Challa ever happening though
    Jean is a whole thing. She and Cyclops are technically married I think still? So it’s a whole ‘nother can of worms with her. Mostly my point was that she’s already heavily involved in an “iconic” (toxic or not) love triangle, nobody was going to welcome yet another competitor. Especially since Bishop had a bunch of baggage given he tried to kill a baby Hope (terrible character assassination).

With Laura and Synch there are some legit critiques to be had about how Hickman handled that, but a lot of their complaints just seemed to be they didn’t want a black dude f****** their waifu to be blunt.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/