Page 312 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    What issue did Tchalla buy Stark's industries?
    Issue #43 of the Priest run. He gave it back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jean is a whole thing. She and Cyclops are technically married I think still? So it’s a whole ‘nother can of worms with her. Mostly my point was that she’s already heavily involved in an “iconic” (toxic or not) love triangle, nobody was going to welcome yet another competitor. Especially since Bishop had a bunch of baggage given he tried to kill a baby Hope (terrible character assassination).

With Laura and Synch there are some legit critiques to be had about how Hickman handled that, but a lot of their complaints just seemed to be they didn’t want a black dude f****** their waifu to be blunt.
    They're still married? Ok. Well, that whole relationship always seemed crazy to me.

But if Marvel wants to be progressive, it shouldn't kowtow to people bashing interracial couples due to racist reasons

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, are you really this innocent and pure lol? How old are you man?

Man, this is BS

It is black people who would throw a fit about T'challa hooking up with a white girl. Let's be honest. Black twitter would lose its shit (and so would half this thread lol)

Niki don't count Digi, that shit was all off panel lol. I need a Nikki cameo in BP two... aww shit now im sad again lol
    That, I hadn't quite considered. Thanks. Not being sarcastic.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, it seems a bit xenophobic

Welcome aboard

I thought currently Carol was seeing Tony? Or maybe they are just F buddies?

Either way, T'Challa and Carol getting together would just be to troll fans. That would be Soooo forced given their relationship is one that's strictly business and even then there's an under tone of distrust Carol has for him especially when he took the wind out of her sails in CW II.

But yeah Black twitter would explode and the racists would come out in droves as well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I thought currently Carol was seeing Tony? Or maybe they are just F buddies?

Either way, T'Challa and Carol getting together would just be to troll fans. That would be Soooo forced given their relationship is one that's strictly business and even then there's an under tone of distrust Carol has for him especially when he took the wind out of her sails in CW II.

But yeah Black twitter would explode and the racists would come out in droves as well
    Carol is with strange or had a one night stand.It felt forced so what are you gonna do.
    Also isn't Panther still having wet dreams about ororo

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Welcome aboard
    Oh. I like to think Wakanda is a fairly progressive place. I feel they're right not to totally trust other nations, but being all "date within you're ethnicity" seems a bit too much IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My goodness, talk about toy sales pitches lol

Oh. I like to think Wakanda is a fairly progressive place. I feel they're right not to totally trust other nations, but being all "date within you're ethnicity" seems a bit too much IMO.
    ...ok no offense but how could you think that? Even in the movie part of Killmonger’s beef is that Wakanda had a “**** you got mine” mentality and basically turned a blind eye to the colonization of Africa because it wasn’t their people. Wakanda is a very advanced place technologically and culturally, but it’s also heavily bound by tradition and a “Wakanda First” mindset. They literally kill people who try to breach their borders.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Its more "date within your nationality". That nationality just happens to be in africa

Incredible Member

True, bigotry is all around. It's disturbing, but not exactly unsurprising. I hope as more PoC heroes become popular, these bigots get pushed further to the fringes.

IMO the race of BP's love interest shouldn't matter.

The race of one's LI shouldn't matter in general but it does. Many people claim not to see colour, this especially goes for white people but the reality is such a viewpoint is ignorant. You have to take a critical look at the way the world is shaped. One of my degrees is in media and communications and the level of racial coding linked to facilitating and perpetual moral panics is a disgrace. To be black is to be feared and vilified, have your good deeds ignored or downplayed, there's an expectation of fulfilling stereotypes and to remotely speak on the topic of race is tantamount to "making everything about race"...and that's just the media which they've been doing since day one. When your normalise this, the subliminals and undercurrent of racism and bigotry becomes so ingrained in one's psyche they can't distinguish what racism is and think their behaviour and thinking is acceptable even when challenged and havectgeir attitudes pointed out. One doesn't need to only blow up a church full of black kids to be a racist. The last several years alone more than proves this and highlights just how disgusting things were prior to camera phones and social media.

T'Challa is a proud black man, the king of the most advanced country in the world that was never colonised and never been defeated by government forces of any other country. It makes zero sense for him. As much as T'Challa is his own character he's also a cypher for black excellence. We live in a society where black excellence is constantly attacked, trying to be erased and the minds of many melenated skinfolk are rewired to believe that having a white partner is some sort of glow up. It's not.

We see too many white characters in same race relationships or having their pick of non white LIs and black characters not being afforded the same. T'Challa was created to show the world where black people came from, what they can do and what they can strive to be. T'Challa was black excellence before black excellence became a soundbite. Personally I don't mind T'Challa dating non black women just so long as there are plenty of black women in his dating lineup and if he does remarry (Royalty needs a spouse) she better be a black woman.

Mighty Member

Well, the X-Men preach diversity, and are a very diverse group, more so than the Avengers in many ways, but dp they ever deal with actual racism?

If they wanted Storm, they should've used her
    X-Men is basically faux diversity.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man was exactly who/what I was thinking of when I made my earlier post. As for Storm, considering how the X-Office pretty much sidelined her in the years before Hudlin got her and Black Panther married, I'd say it was a matter of sour grapes on their part, being jealous and petty that she was getting shine and prominence outside the X-Franchise --- that, again, wasn't even using her that well in the first place, if at all.
    The marriage to BP gave Storm enough clout to make her more prominent and more popular than Wolverine in addition to some well needed resolutions to questions in her back story.

She became a Queen of the most advanced nation on earth.

Became a member of the F4

Became an Avenger

Finally found her extended family (ignored by X-editors entirely) thanks to BP.

And with all this would automatically make her a true powerhouse politically not only to mutantkind but also to humankind (through her marriage to a human king).....this level of clout would make Storm politically more powerful than Magneto AND Cyclops to become the pre-eminent leader of the X-Men.

During the marriage, the X-editors/writers refused to bring in BP to get involved in X-world stories through Storm....yet BP got Storm into the Avengers and F4.

There was a MASSIVE amount of deep resource the X-editors/writers could have explored....but instead the ADAMANTLY refused resorting to throwing petty and pre-pubercent insults at Tchalla and the marriage.

Somehow it is not allowed for Storm to be a prominent character in more than 1 book at a time except in only X-books or cheap cameos elsewhere.

Even the Storm X-fans refused to hold the X-editors/writers accountable....instead they supported the bashing of Tchalla and the marriage saying "Tchalla is beneath Storm", "Storm is better with Wolverine" (as his regular side dish whenever he gets a sexual itch, "Tchalla is a rubbish characters deciding on Storm's popularity.", Etc. They forget that Tchalla/BP has had very many solos more than Storm. Then they got what they wanted, Marriage dissolved.

Now, Tchalla made $1bn at the box office as the most successful movie based on a single superhero ever....WITHOUT STORM!!!

Now Storm has returned to exotic black wall paper status exactly as the Storm fans and X-editors/writers wanted.
    Last edited by Besouro; 04-24-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hell look at all the hate people had for Rodhey/War Machine because he was in a relationship with Carol. And how they celebrated when the writer just broke them up. He was beneath her they said, not on her level, she deserves better and he's dragging her down. All things that were never said about other non-black love interests. So imagine the shitstorm if she gets with T'Challa, they can't use those same arguments so they would resort to more explicit objections. X-fans like to claim tolerance and open-mindedness but went ape shit when Jean Grey got with Bishop, and that was an alternate reality. Being in 2021 means nothing to a lot of people, interracial relationships still rubs them the wrong way. However I don't think T'Challa would go for Carol, they seem more friends than lovers.

Well said, co-signed!!!!!!