Page 313 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, are you really this innocent and pure lol? How old are you man?

Man, this is BS

It is black people who would throw a fit about T'challa hooking up with a white girl. Let's be honest. Black twitter would lose its **** (and so would half this thread lol)

Niki don't count Digi, that **** was all off panel lol. I need a Nikki cameo in BP two... aww **** now im sad again lol
    Hahaha....lol!

The thing with you is ....for all the years I lurked on CBR forums....all I can recall about your preferences for Black characters (esp black men) are white female characters with a few exceptions for black female lovers in your suggestions for BP.

There have been nearly countless black man/white women relationships in comics.... IT IS THE DEFAULT!!

Non-white same race couples rare in comics.

I am NOT against interracial relationships. Tchalla can date someone non-black it's all good but it should be temot because Monica Lynn or Malaika are whom he loves dearly and ultimately ....the same way Steve Rogers is with Sharon Carter, same with Peter Parker and Mary Jane.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Again, people won’t take kindly to the king of an UNCOLONIZED AFRICAN NATION dating or marrying a WHITE woman. If she were with someone like Sam or Blade it would be fine but dating T’Challa would be an open Pandora’s box due to what he stands for.
    That's very true.

Additionally we are talking about an ISOLATED African society that is/was against dating non-Wakandan blacks.

Tchalla dating black Americans was already a head Turner amongst Wakandans.

Anyways, we still have Luke Cage and Jessica Jones marriage and family still together but I have REALLY DISLIKED how very many stories isolate Cage and/or Jones away from each other instead of having them collaborate as a power couple in each other's stories.

Same problem with Carol and Rhodey.

So many forced induced contrivances in the plot to keep them separated except when the writer remembers that the characters have a love life with another fairly prominent character.....then we get a few panels of couple talk and few kisses ....then next story, they are separated again.

And when will Cloak and Dagger actually have a long term prominent and sustained relationship without instantly relapsing into the will they/won't they thingie?.....And the whole thing about their powers need each other makes it seem like they were forced into a relationship because of their powers although I appreciate the effort if the last CnD comic to push their attraction beyond the convenience of their powers but I am not sure it's enough.
    Last edited by Besouro; 04-24-2021 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Hahaha....lol!

The thing with you is ....for all the years I lurked on CBR forums....all I can recall about your preferences for Black characters (esp black men) are white female characters with a few exceptions for black female lovers in your suggestions for BP.

There have been nearly countless black man/white women relationships in comics.... IT IS THE DEFAULT!!

I am NOT against interracial relationships. Tchalla can date someone non-black it's all good but it should be temot because Monica Lynn or Malaika are whom he loves dearly and ultimately ....the same way Steve Rogers is with Sharon Carter, same with Peter Parker and Mary Jane.
    You sure it is me? I don't really care about the LI thing too much. Other than getting away from Storm. And hat is a story telling thing and getting Wakanda away from the X office 100%. I don't need them inventing new swords and ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, it seems a bit xenophobic
    Ding Ding Ding

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well thats random lol

Oh. I like to think Wakanda is a fairly progressive place. I feel they're right not to totally trust other nations, but being all "date within you're ethnicity" seems a bit too much IMO.
    they are progressive at things. Doesn't mean they are perfect. They think they are superior than everyone else (and probably are). Doesn't mean they are making concentration camps and ****. They just want you to leave them alone lol

But... T'challa is weird and different. That is what makes T'challa T'challa. He isn't like that. He's BETTER.

Which is kinda funny in canon because he is actually full blooded Wakandan yet isn't a very conservative King. While Shuri is only half blooded yet is a more traditional queen when she ruled. Kinda interesting, could be Shuri compensating lol.

Which also points to... Wakandans only like Wakandans but you can be accepted evetually. Everyone seems to like Ramonda and she isn't Wakandan. They eventually came around to Storm. Shuri is half blooded and they love her. They seemed ok with Hunter, althoght that may have just been fear lol. Only Wakandan that gets continued hate is Gentle, and that is only because the X office controls all hsi appearances and they never miss a chance to **** on Wakanda.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Which also points to... Wakandans only like Wakandans but you can be accepted evetually. Everyone seems to like Ramonda and she isn't Wakandan. They eventually came around to Storm. Shuri is half blooded and they love her. They seemed ok with Hunter, althoght that may have just been fear lol. Only Wakandan that gets continued hate is Gentle, and that is only because the X office controls all hsi appearances and they never miss a chance to **** on Wakanda.
    Actually, they barely tolerated Hunter, but neither he nor Ramonda were accepted (at least in the Priest run). Although I think ramonda may have been retconned into being Wakandan at some point.

Black Panther v3 #10 & #12

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Hell look at all the hate people had for Rodhey/War Machine because he was in a relationship with Carol. And how they celebrated when the writer just broke them up. He was beneath her they said, not on her level, she deserves better and he's dragging her down. All things that were never said about other non-black love interests. So imagine the shitstorm if she gets with T'Challa, they can't use those same arguments so they would resort to more explicit objections. X-fans like to claim tolerance and open-mindedness but went ape **** when Jean Grey got with Bishop, and that was an alternate reality. Being in 2021 means nothing to a lot of people, interracial relationships still rubs them the wrong way. However I don't think T'Challa would go for Carol, they seem more friends than lovers.
    Just to point this out...

Many an "X" fan love them some Basilisk/Frenzy.

So much so that they are still holding onto hope that something will come of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Actually, they barely tolerated Hunter, but neither he nor Ramonda were accepted (at least in the Priest run). Although I think ramonda may have been retconned into being Wakandan at some point.

Black Panther v3 #10 & #12
    The confirmed her non-Wakandan in Rise of the BP still. I'm not sure if the recent writer knows that though lol.

Man, Priest is really good at writing comics and stuff... lol. Gets more humanity out of supporting characters in 2 pages than ol' dude does in 5 years.

T'chaka's life was kinda rough lol. I'd make secret police too if queen number 2 got disappeared.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So, they give all the credit for the mechs to Tony? Even though they both created them? And T'Challa just has a knack for harnessing technology? Why is it when they start making T'Challa look like the MCU version his super genius prowess magically disappears lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ...ok no offense but how could you think that? Even in the movie part of Killmonger’s beef is that Wakanda had a “**** you got mine” mentality and basically turned a blind eye to the colonization of Africa because it wasn’t their people. Wakanda is a very advanced place technologically and culturally, but it’s also heavily bound by tradition and a “Wakanda First” mindset. They literally kill people who try to breach their borders.
    Well, I meant less backwards than a lot of other nations, not totally modern. But maybe I was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Its more "date within your nationality". That nationality just happens to be in africa
    Um, I don't think Africa counts as a nation

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    The race of one's LI shouldn't matter in general but it does. Many people claim not to see colour, this especially goes for white people but the reality is such a viewpoint is ignorant. You have to take a critical look at the way the world is shaped. One of my degrees is in media and communications and the level of racial coding linked to facilitating and perpetual moral panics is a disgrace. To be black is to be feared and vilified, have your good deeds ignored or downplayed, there's an expectation of fulfilling stereotypes and to remotely speak on the topic of race is tantamount to "making everything about race"...and that's just the media which they've been doing since day one. When your normalise this, the subliminals and undercurrent of racism and bigotry becomes so ingrained in one's psyche they can't distinguish what racism is and think their behaviour and thinking is acceptable even when challenged and havectgeir attitudes pointed out. One doesn't need to only blow up a church full of black kids to be a racist. The last several years alone more than proves this and highlights just how disgusting things were prior to camera phones and social media.

T'Challa is a proud black man, the king of the most advanced country in the world that was never colonised and never been defeated by government forces of any other country. It makes zero sense for him. As much as T'Challa is his own character he's also a cypher for black excellence. We live in a society where black excellence is constantly attacked, trying to be erased and the minds of many melenated skinfolk are rewired to believe that having a white partner is some sort of glow up. It's not.

We see too many white characters in same race relationships or having their pick of non white LIs and black characters not being afforded the same. T'Challa was created to show the world where black people came from, what they can do and what they can strive to be. T'Challa was black excellence before black excellence became a soundbite. Personally I don't mind T'Challa dating non black women just so long as there are plenty of black women in his dating lineup and if he does remarry (Royalty needs a spouse) she better be a black woman.
    IMO the problem is White heroes always have default White love interests, instead of ones from other races. So I can see the need for having a Black superhero with a Black love interest. Marvel should invest in more Black couples, but also maybe give more PoC love interests to White heroes

That being said, idk if I necessarily like the whole "Black must date Black" idea, considering it echoes a lot of outdated racist sentiment. Maybe I'm wrong on that though

Ultimate Member

X-Men is basically faux diversity.
    Well, they are very diverse, even more so than the Avengers in many ways, I just never see them confront real racism that much

Ultimate Member

they are progressive at things. Doesn't mean they are perfect. They think they are superior than everyone else (and probably are). Doesn't mean they are making concentration camps and ****. They just want you to leave them alone lol

But... T'challa is weird and different. That is what makes T'challa T'challa. He isn't like that. He's BETTER.

Which is kinda funny in canon because he is actually full blooded Wakandan yet isn't a very conservative King. While Shuri is only half blooded yet is a more traditional queen when she ruled. Kinda interesting, could be Shuri compensating lol.

I thought the general sentiment was T'Challa could do whatever he wanted. But apparently they draw the line at dating other ethnicities. I guess I can see why they'd be wary of outsiders. I like T'Challa because he seems to be more forward thinking than many of his countrymen.

Why would the X-office dislike Wakanda though? That makes no sense to me

Probably the worse idea I’ve heard all year right up there when unfans wanted to pair Shuri with Namor or recon her to no longer wanting to date Men in general or pair her with Hunter..

BP, Shuri & etc should NEVER be in shown in a interracial rship/dating especially with white character.

There are too few & rarely showed black men/women rship in fiction in general especially in mainstream media & to now randomly show interracial dating/ships into Wakanda with push to show more Black men/women representation in mainstream media is some TNC & his acolytes level thinking/writing. ( & It was awful idea when CJP did it thru flashback aswell)

Hell half ppl in this thread forget that Sam/Misty & Monica/Adam are in relationships with each other think of pairing them with BP because marvel isn’t put them in/on team books or mini series to showcase it. So to take one of the only Black lead (who King of nation full of Black women) mainstream comics that can hold down a solo & more then pair him with a white women where it would be shown on a regular basis while blk men/blk women rship struggle with that is not only ridiculous it’s insulting.

Then add on that the choice of Carol... just ewww Is nice way I can put it..

One of main ideas of pairing characters with fan bases Weather to be a team or friends or dating or etc. Is trying to convince customers to by becoming invested enuff to follow that/those other characters you were ethier so-so on , didn’t know much about or maybe even dislike (which is why books like AoW, Strikeforce & to a certain extent Ultimates didn’t work as well as they could have) . I won’t go into the reasons why but those who were here at the time when Ultimates was launch & then relaunch should very well remember why BP & Carol main fan bases don’t mix well & never mix well ( same with BP & main YA/MAC fan base with another reason Shuri should stay far away from there).. Imo outside of the main Avengers book it’s a waste of time for those two be in in same book or team up. Let alone date ( throws up a little at the thought).. There will be no longer term Positive fan bases overlap from that ( I.e. Carol main fans reading BP regularly or Vice versa) You want positive fan bases over lap then try teaming BP with Thor or Iron Man or Wanda or Balde or Cage or Sam or Spectrum or the FF or Inhumans or Blue Marvel or CapAm or Doc Voodoo or Misty or Ghost Rider or Shang or Cho or Peter or Miles or Ms. Marvel..

BP love interest should be a in house BLACK woman - she can be Wakandan or Afrikan (from another nation or American or Caribbean or British or maybe a Inhuman or maybe even Atlantean Etc but she NEEDS to be BLACK. Preferably with fun loving personality & some type of super powers.
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 04-24-2021 at 06:48 AM.

I thought the general sentiment was T'Challa could do whatever he wanted. But apparently they draw the line at dating other ethnicities. I guess I can see why they'd be wary of outsiders. I like T'Challa because he seems to be more forward thinking than many of his countrymen.
    T'challa has been in a relationship with exactly three people.

Monica- For a long long long long long long time

Nikki Adams- a college fling. A WHITE LADY btw.

Storm

So there is no "draw the line at dating other ethnicities" there. He's dated an american black chick, an american white chick, and a kenyan? chick.

Why would the X-office dislike Wakanda though? That makes no sense to me
    homey, you need to read more comics lol

Hahaha....lol!

The only time I recall MoS talking about white LI is in trolling with T'Challa being with Carol... That's basically it. Everyone here has mentioned his reoccurring LIs like malaika and Monica on multiple occasions with some of us rooting for Zanda (Geoffrey Thorne aka Redjacks version) to make an appearances as a potential LI that he atleast hooks up with once

Well, I meant less backwards than a lot of other nations, not totally modern. But maybe I was wrong

Um, I don't think Africa counts as a nation
    He said happens to be IN africa. Wakanda is a nation, the Wakandan people want T'Challa the date/ marry other Wakandans. They don't prefer foreigners but they aren't going to be outright nasty to them either

Ultimate Member

T'challa has been in a relationship with exactly three people.

Monica- For a long long long long long long time

Nikki Adams- a college fling. A WHITE LADY btw.

Storm

So there is no "draw the line at dating other ethnicities" there. He's dated an american black chick, an american white chick, and a kenyan? chick.

homey, you need to read more comics lol
    I haven't kept up with X-Men comics as much because I don't really buy the mutant metaphor. Plus I have only so much time. i'm trying to get back into them.

So far I don't hate Coates' BP, but there's some questionable stuff in there

I didn't mean he draws the line, I meant other people trying to say he can only date Black women. But anyway, the writers should just stick him with one woman and be done with it. I know comics are averse to permanent relationships, but they should really consider changing that attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He said happens to be IN africa. Wakanda is a nation, the Wakandan people want T'Challa the date/ marry other Wakandans. They don't prefer foreigners but they aren't going to be outright nasty to them either
    Ok