Page 315 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Coogler and the cast probably aren’t emotionally ready to have someone take on the role of their friend and I think Disney felt there’d be a lot of backlash if they recasted so soon after Boseman’s death (whether that would’ve actually happened or not is debatable). Waiting until BP4 6-8 years after Boseman’s passing may be seen as an opportunity to continue the brand with a lot less controversy and heartbreak as time heals all wounds for everyone involved. Also gins up interest in a new direction, “the return of T’Challa” could be a powerful marketing tool.

There’s also a good chance that Coogler may not even be attached to the project because as I understand, his deal with Disney is only 5 years. There may be another director and set of creators hired to continue the BP brand, as we see now with Cap 4 having a different writer and likely director. They may be a lot more willing to continue BP with T’Challa. Obviously this is all conjecture and I’m not expecting it to happen, but I think it’s a fair assumption that BP won’t end with a trilogy and that eventually we may get new chaperones for the IP. That may open up the door to T’Challa’s eventual return in a new trilogy where he gets a complete arc.
    I see. It's entirely possible they may still be reeling from Boseman's death. It's not impossible they'd go in this direction. But, idk if I'd like that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This where I’m at right now. And if it does happen it’s just gonna get an eye roll from me at best since by that point it won’t even matter since most of the cast that were with Boseman’s T’Challa will have their contracts already expired and they’ll be ready to move on to greener pastures. That and T’Challa will have missed out on major events, so what will the new guy playing him be left with?
    Personally I’m invested in T’Challa, no matter when or how I get the character lol. The situation I suggested isn’t ideal or likely, but if I have to wait 7 years to get a new T’Challa with an altered supporting cast and role in the MCU I’ll take that over never seeing him on the big screen again. As long as the product is quality I don’t care. The MCU will always have exciting events and characters popping up to give him plenty to do and it’s not like a creator can’t take tertiary side characters and make them work either. Most of the current side characters might as well have been OC’s anyway lol. So if this were Marvel’s plan I’m down even if I obviously would’ve preferred a recast for BP2 onwards.

I highly doubt this was done to appease the people upset about Disney not recasting. This was likely planned well before Boseman’s passing and their decision not to recast. If anything this pretty much makes me think that there’ll be more BP films past the trilogy. Which gives me hope they might eventually bring T’Challa back for a complete arc.

Obviously that’s me being optimistic and I don’t think they’ll do that but who’s to say they don’t have Shuri or whoever finish out the current trilogy then bring back T’Challa (multiverse, KOTD, Galactic Wakanda, however they want to do that) so he can get a complete trilogy of his own? Who’s to say Coogler and the current creatives are gone be attached to BP 4-6? The MCU is becoming more open ended than ever so you never know. BP4 is at least 5 years away.
    The main problem is how do you open Wakanda to the rest of the world without the one who owns the franchise AND is the one who opened Wakanda the first place on top of dancing around the question of where is T'Challa? Doing a full trilogy without it will likely kill alot of the hype around him because basically only T'Challa and Nakia were really open to Wakanda branching out. None of the rest of the supporting cast really is gung-ho about it

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    were they confirmed relationships or just friends? I can't rmemeber

I went back and looked, you are right about Malakai

4!!! lol
    and nnedi oc too makes 5 lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The main problem is how do you open Wakanda to the rest of the world without the one who owns the franchise AND is the one who opened Wakanda the first place on top of dancing around the question of where is T'Challa? Doing a full trilogy without it will likely kill alot of the hype around him because basically only T'Challa and Nakia were really open to Wakanda branching out. None of the rest of the supporting cast really is gung-ho about it

and nnedi oc too makes 5 lol
    Maybe they're not doing a full trilogy. It seems most of the movies aren't really ending in trilogies per se. They could've changed the long-term plans.

But, while I see the worry, T'Challa's efforts most likely inspired the other characters to follow in opening up Wakanda.

Personally I’m invested in T’Challa, no matter when or how I get the character lol. The situation I suggested isn’t ideal or likely, but if I have to wait 7 years to get a new T’Challa with an altered supporting cast and role in the MCU I’ll take that over never seeing him on the big screen again. As long as the product is quality I don’t care. The MCU will always have exciting events and characters popping up to give him plenty to do and it’s not like a creator can’t take tertiary side characters and make them work either. Most of the current side characters might as well have been OC’s anyway lol. So if this were Marvel’s plan I’m down even if I obviously would’ve preferred a recast for BP2 onwards.
    Again, will audiences even care at that point? Not to mention how woke/feminist Twitter may get angry as they would’ve got adjusted to Shuri being the Black Panther by that time, even though it would be contradicting their claims of Black Panther being “just a mantle”. And then of course there are the people who think the role should die with Boseman.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 04-24-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Again, by that point will audiences even care at that point? Not to mention how woke/feminist Twitter may get angry as they would’ve got adjusted to Shuri being the Black Panther by that time, even though it would be contradicting their claims of Black Panther being “just a mantle”. And then of course there are the people who think the role should die with Boseman.
    Are we really going to be bashing "woke feminists" for being anti-Black Panther?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they're not doing a full trilogy. It seems most of the movies aren't really ending in trilogies per se. They could've changed the long-term plans.

But, while I see the worry, T'Challa's efforts most likely inspired the other characters to follow in opening up Wakanda.
    I can see them pouring resources into the Wakanda show after they get done with Black Panther 2. Heck, I’m even starting to think it’ll take a while until they make Black Panther 3.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

I can see them pouring resources into the Wakanda show after they get done with Black Panther 2. Heck, I’m even starting to think it’ll take a while until they make Black Panther 3.
    I don't even know what a Wakanda show would be about. It's not like Wakanda has a huge cast of A-list characters, especially without T'Challa

Just know that when Shuri becomes BP and Marvel decides to bring T'Challa to take back the throne, the feminists out there will try their best to prevent Marvel from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't even know what a Wakanda show would be about. It's not like Wakanda has a huge cast of A-list characters, especially without T'Challa
    Meh, maybe Agents of Wakanda or a show about the midnight angels (once they cast Aneka)? I honestly don’t know. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

What if i told you my Secret Black Panther Pitch (not the one on the site) would have given you T'Challa AND Shuri as Black Panther, BOTH of them as geniuses, BOTH of them with unique skillsets and rogues galleries and would have solved, once and for all, both the issue of the Wakandan Monarchy AND the history of Wakanda never helping Africans during the slave trade or stopping colonization of the continent?

What if there was a way to make EVERYONE happy and make the book KILL, regardless of what is done in the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What if i told you my Secret Black Panther Pitch (not the one on the site) would have given you T'Challa AND Shuri as Black Panther, BOTH of them as geniuses, BOTH of them with unique skillsets and rogues galleries and would have solved, once and for all, both the issue of the Wakandan Monarchy AND the history of Wakanda never helping Africans during the slave trade or stopping colonization of the continent?

What if there was a way to make EVERYONE happy and make the book KILL, regardless of what is done in the movies?
    Sounds incredible. Too bad the higher ups at Marvel editorial are too damn short sighted.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

Miles and Peter seem to be doing it.

Green Lantern SHOULD have been doing it.

For a time DC almost did it with Mr Miracle.

Both as Black Panther-would work. Each can handle a situation that best fits their skill sets.

Long ago, I said Wakanda should have a 2 king/queen thing like the Spartans.

Wakanda should have evolved with the threats. Threats are greater than ever.

IF one BP in battle goes down, there should be another one ready to go at an instant. No delay like there was in Deadliest of the Species. Shouldnt have to go through trials wihle Wakanda is in danger.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html