Page 316 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416816 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe they're not doing a full trilogy. It seems most of the movies aren't really ending in trilogies per se. They could've changed the long-term plans.

But, while I see the worry, T'Challa's efforts most likely inspired the other characters to follow in opening up Wakanda.
    That's stupid though, because T'Challa OS the exception
    In the comics, and the driving force. To have everyone all of a sudden be all about the rest of the world without T'Challa takes away what made him the GOAT BP of all time. Plus we saw in IW two years after opening Wakanda the idea Okoye had was very minimal in terms of opening the borders and EG when T'Challa was gone Wakanda closed up shop again.

So I highly doubt now for the sequel all these people are going to be pushing forward with Wakandan involvement, this is T'Challas vision, he should be the force behind it, even in the Comics T'Challa is very careful with how much WK is involved with world events and most of the time he isn't putting it in harms way directly minus empyre

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What if i told you my Secret Black Panther Pitch (not the one on the site) would have given you T'Challa AND Shuri as Black Panther, BOTH of them as geniuses, BOTH of them with unique skillsets and rogues galleries and would have solved, once and for all, both the issue of the Wakandan Monarchy AND the history of Wakanda never helping Africans during the slave trade or stopping colonization of the continent?

What if there was a way to make EVERYONE happy and make the book KILL, regardless of what is done in the movies?
    I would say Marvel were fool's to not hire you and I pray that they finally let you elevate the mythos to the next level the same way Priest and Hudlin have.

Though I would say there should be two distinct versions like a mystical panther that's more spiritual which Shuri could fill that role.

So the is two, the black panther who is the heart and claws of WK and there's the high priest panther who represents the spirit and mystical side of WK.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 04-24-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Are we really going to be bashing "woke feminists" for being anti-Black Panther?
    You put Shuri as Black Panther and then try to give it back to her brother-they will come out the WOOD WORK to fight.
    Even if you gave them movies with Moon Girl, Vixen, Storm, Riri, Jo, Black Lightning's daughters-they will still view giving the mantle back to T'Challa as an attack on every black women in history.

Because that Black Panther mantle has 3 Oscars, number one solo hero movie of all time, a billion dollar movie and almost 200 comic books behind it. Only SPAWN comes close. After him Miles, Blade and Static. Does NOT matter it was T'Challa for all that.

The black woke ones do NOT believe in working from the bottom and building up. They want what the black man HAS and toss him aside.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh, maybe Agents of Wakanda or a show about the midnight angels (once they cast Aneka)? I honestly don’t know. Lol.
    Maybe. But IMO the real draw is T'Challa. Maybe Shuri, but she'll be in BP2. Idk if Wakanda has enough for both. But maybe

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Long ago, I said Wakanda should have a 2 king/queen thing like the Spartans.

Wakanda should have evolved with the threats. Threats are greater than ever.

IF one BP in battle goes down, there should be another one ready to go at an instant. No delay like there was in Deadliest of the Species. Shouldnt have to go through trials wihle Wakanda is in danger.
    Interesting. A back-up would probably be useful, considering how T'Challa is also a major part of several teams

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You put Shuri as Black Panther and then try to give it back to her brother-they will come out the WOOD WORK to fight.
    Even if you gave them movies with Moon Girl, Vixen, Storm, Riri, Jo, Black Lightning's daughters-they will still view giving the mantle back to T'Challa as an attack on every black women in history.

Because that Black Panther mantle has 3 Oscars, number one solo hero movie of all time, a billion dollar movie and almost 200 comic books behind it. Only SPAWN comes close. After him Miles, Blade and Static. Does NOT matter it was T'Challa for all that.

The black woke ones do NOT believe in working from the bottom and building up. They want what the black man HAS and toss him aside.
    I don't see it. Feminists aren't the enemy. Representation isn't zero sum.

Maybe. But IMO the real draw is T'Challa. Maybe Shuri, but she'll be in BP2. Idk if Wakanda has enough for both. But maybe

Interesting. A back-up would probably be useful, considering how T'Challa is also a major part of several teams

I don't see it. Feminists aren't the enemy. Representation isn't zero sum.
    Correction, it SHOULDN'T be a zero sum. But that's how it's treated. You should of been around and seen the tweets back in 2018. Before the movie dropped everyone on black twitter was going on about how they will riot if the movie shows black dysfunction. After it dropped? Literally the day it dropped, those same people were all up on twitter saying in the sequel it would be cool of T'Challa and Shuri fight for the mantle and she takes it from him and how cool it would be of the Doras rebelled against the crown (they were referencing Coates run) and basically calling for Black dysfunction for the sequel and for T'Challa to be pushed out.

So yes it should be everyone gets elevation, the reality is that it gets put into an either or situation

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Correction, it SHOULDN'T be a zero sum. But that's how it's treated. You should of been around and seen the tweets back in 2018. Before the movie dropped everyone on black twitter was going on about how they will riot if the movie shows black dysfunction. After it dropped? Literally the day it dropped, those same people were all up on twitter saying in the sequel it would be cool of T'Challa and Shuri fight for the mantle and she takes it from him and how cool it would be of the Doras rebelled against the crown (they were referencing Coates run) and basically calling for Black dysfunction for the sequel and for T'Challa to be pushed out.

So yes it should be everyone gets elevation, the reality is that it gets put into an either or situation
    All of it. Thankfully if you go to other places on the internet, they’re far more reasonable than Twitter. But unfortunately Twitter is one of the most influential sites in the world, and the one with the most crazies on it. Only one that comes close is Facebook.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

I'm of the opinion that Wakanda should have one ruler/Black Panther at a time, none of this sharing the throne or the BP mantle nonsense. T'challa was created as the king and as the one and only Black Panther long before Shuri even existed as a character, now he is suppose to share what is rightfully his; what he's earned through Wakandan tradition dating back thousands of years? Writers can carve out a position/role for Shuri in the Black Panther narrative that doesn't involve taking away from T'challa. He is the ruler of Wakanda and the Black Panther, end of story. With regards to Disney not wanting to recast T'challa I wonder if Gal Gadot unfortunately passed away would the studio be against recasting the role of Wonder Woman? Would the studio heads say that they wanted to honor Gal Gadot by retiring the character of WW and instead base future WW movies on the world of Themyscira and all the secondary characters there? I don't think so, they would recast; just like there have been multiple Spider-mans, Batmans and Supermans. The whole thing is a joke, and as has been said; once the black feminists get Shuri in the mantle they ain't giving it up ever, they gonna raise hell that she keeps it.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Wakanda should have one ruler/Black Panther at a time, none of this sharing the throne or the BP mantle nonsense. T'challa was created as the king and as the one and only Black Panther long before Shuri even existed as a character, now he is suppose to share what is rightfully his; what he's earned through Wakandan tradition dating back thousands of years? Writers can carve out a position/role for Shuri in the Black Panther narrative that doesn't involve taking away from T'challa. He is the ruler of Wakanda and the Black Panther, end of story. With regards to Disney not wanting to recast T'challa I wonder if Gal Gadot unfortunately passed away would the studio be against recasting the role of Wonder Woman? Would the studio heads say that they wanted to honor Gal Gadot by retiring the character of WW and instead base future WW movies on the world of Themyscira and all the secondary characters there? I don't think so, they would recast; just like there have been multiple Spider-mans, Batmans and Supermans. The whole thing is a joke, and as has been said; once the black feminists get Shuri in the mantle they ain't giving it up ever, they gonna raise hell that she keeps it.
    Really the only way I can see feminists accepting Shuri not being the Black Panther anymore is if Shuri does a heroic sacrifice (ex: Tony in endgame) in Black Panther 3, and then T’Challa gets the mantle once again and finally gets more films to complete his arc should Marvel decide to bring him back.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

Well, I didn't know about all that. Twitter tends to get out of hand. Idk why T'Challa and Shuri would fight for the mantle, considering how tight their relationship was. And I really don't know what Black dysfunction means exactly.

Regardless, I don't see online feminists as some kind of dangerous bogeyman. It's not as if Black women have had great representation in superhero media. Of course, the answer isn't to kick out T'Challa. But I don't see Marvel Studios somehow threatened by these people anyway

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Really the only way I can see feminists accepting Shuri not being the Black Panther anymore is if Shuri does a heroic sacrifice (ex: Tony in endgame) in Black Panther 3, and then T’Challa gets the mantle once again and finally gets more films to complete his arc should Marvel decide to bring him back.
    Honestly, if Shuri took the mantle, only for T'Challa to suddenly return years later and take it from her, I can see why fans would get annoyed. That's why it would've been better to just recast from the beginning

I also don't think we need two Black Panthers, because I feel like Shuri can do her own thing just fine and if we make her Black Panther I'll have to remember she's not Hudlin Shuri anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also don't think we need two Black Panthers, because I feel like Shuri can do her own thing just fine and if we make her Black Panther I'll have to remember she's not Hudlin Shuri anymore .
    I have always been in support of Shuri being her own thing which is something I like from Coates making her Griot Shuri despite the plethora of things I do not like from his run.

However, the title of "Black Panther" being associated with a woman is what some of these people want as that is seen as the most popular brand name that would somewhat elevate/represent black women in general which was done in the first movie but whatever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't mind having two Black Panthers with Shuri and T'Challa, in the comic books. That would certainly be different and could be very interesting under the right writer.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-24-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't mind having two Black Panthers with Shuri and T'Challa, in the comic books. That would certainly be different and could be very interesting under the right writer.
    I feel like she should have her own codename. Two heroes with the same name at the same time could be confusing.

So, we've already picked the next thing that may never happen to get upset about?

Cool, cool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    So, we've already picked the next thing that may never happen to get upset about?

Cool, cool.
    What do you mean?