Page 319 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s the ideal direction and we saw bits of that with Redjack’s take on the character in the KIB tie-in. I’d rather see that direction, with a new name to boot if needed, rather than have two BP’s. I generally dislike the trend of multiple heroes having the same name and feel that Shuri doesn’t need the BP mantle in order to thrive. I also don’t feel it’s not in T’Challa’s interest either.

I’ve accepted that two BPs is rather likely in the comics if Shuri does take the mantle in the movies, but it’s not my preferred way to see that character grow. If it happens it COULD work, but if we’re getting the caliber of writers we currently are on the BP books it’ll probably end up causing more trouble than it’s worth.
    Same here, give me FullMetal alchemist/Panther alchemist/ Shuri there doesn’t need to be 2 BP at the same time imo

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Replacements generally have a set story the writer once to tell. So you can get a handful of really really really good arcs because there is a planned beginning and end.

Because you know the main dude is coming back sooner or later.

That is why they are adapting Jane Thor. The premise is fantastic. What actually somewhat messed up the premise in the comics it sold so well... Aaron had to drag it out. And then he coudln't deliever the gut punch of her actually dying at hte end bc she sells too well. I'd almost bet the house Jane is gonna die of cancer in the movie becuase that story naturally has that gut punch ending.

Facts with the end credit showing her waking up as/reborn as a Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    But most heroes don't have their own rogues from what I've seen. She can still be her own hero without having to fight someone elsw
    A lot of heroes do have their own rogues galleries. The thing is, it’s difficult to have a rogues gallery on the level of Batman or Spider-Man. Not to mention a lot of Marvel heroes often share villains. For example, Kingpin finds time to bother both Spider-Man and Daredevil. And Doctor Doom is a villain to the Marvel universe as a whole these days (though his main beef will always be with Reed).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    A lot of heroes do have their own rogues galleries. The thing is, it’s difficult to have a rogues gallery on the level of Batman or Spider-Man. Not to mention a lot of Marvel heroes often share villains. For example, Kingpin finds time to bother both Spider-Man and Daredevil. And Doctor Doom is a villain to the Marvel universe as a whole these days (though his main beef will always be with Reed).
    The main ones have some rogues, like Iron Man, Captain America or Thor, but after that, do other heroes have any notable villains? How many well-known villains do war Machine, Drax, Spider Woman or Shang-Chi have for themselves, for instance?

It's true a lot of Marvel villains are exchanged by heroes. But maybe Marvel should've tried to invest in building up rogues galleries for villains besides Spider-Man. Why does he need 3 archenemies?

Nevertheless, I don't think Shuri is necessarily less of a hero without her own villains

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post

Facts with the end credit showing her waking up as/reborn as a Valkyrie
    MCU valkryies just seem like Asguardian Doras lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's true a lot of Marvel villains are exchanged by heroes. But maybe Marvel should've tried to invest in building up rogues galleries for villains besides Spider-Man.
    At this rate I won’t be surprised if The Madarin finds time to fight both Iron Man and Shang-Chi after the latters movie comes out. And I always thought Sauron and Stegron should be full on villains to Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur for obvious reasons. Lol. And that’s not even getting into if the rumors of Namor being in Black Panther 2 are true.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

The main ones have some rogues, like Iron Man, Captain America or Thor, but after that, do other heroes have any notable villains? How many well-known villains do war Machine, Drax, Spider Woman or Shang-Chi have for themselves, for instance?

It's true a lot of Marvel villains are exchanged by heroes. But maybe Marvel should've tried to invest in building up rogues galleries for villains besides Spider-Man. Why does he need 3 archenemies?

Nevertheless, I don't think Shuri is necessarily less of a hero without her own villains
    Here's the thing without noteable rogues for themselves, how are those heroes suppose to thrive and carve their own path? The reason Batman, spiderman etc are able to thrive the way they do is Because they have rogues the can face and not just
    Borrow villains from others. Because then you get things like shang being in limbo for so long and only getting attention now because of a movie coming out

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    MCU valkryies just seem like Asguardian Doras lol
    Marvel comics Valkyries are too imo Cool Female Army or group 3-4 lol ( the comics one are just stronger with much better character work )

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the thing without noteable rogues for themselves, how are those heroes suppose to thrive and carve their own path? The reason Batman, spiderman etc are able to thrive the way they do is Because they have rogues the can face and not just
    Borrow villains from others. Because then you get things like shang being in limbo for so long and only getting attention now because of a movie coming out
    Heck even Nightwing has rogues to call his own like Tarantula or Blockbuster.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimate Member

I get what you're saying. Although IMO superhero comics maybe need to change their format a bit to not have to rely entirely on supervillains for stories. Maybe it's just me, but these universes have a lot of interesting ideas that could be developed into comics for heroes without major villains. But that's a whole other topic altogether

Those characters rarely get books which is why they don’t have many villains of their own. Yang is putting in the work to build up Shang-Chi’s Rogues, and he does have some villains he can call his own from way back in the “Master of Kung-Fu” days.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Those characters rarely get books which is why they don’t have many villains of their own. Yang is putting in the work to build up Shang-Chi’s Rogues, and he does have some villains he can call his own from way back in the “Master of Kung-Fu” days.
    That's what I'm saying. Them not having their own villains or solo comics doesn't necessarily diminish them

I get what you're saying. Although IMO superhero comics maybe need to change their format a bit to not have to rely entirely on supervillains for stories. Maybe it's just me, but these universes have a lot of interesting ideas that could be developed into comics for heroes without major villains. But that's a whole other topic altogether
    I mean people only care so much about things that don't pertain to hero vs villain clashing. Ewings Ultimates did that. Focused alot on science stuff and not really on action and it got stale pretty fast

Ultimate Member

I mean people only care so much about things that don't pertain to hero vs villain clashing. Ewings Ultimates did that. Focused alot on science stuff and not really on action and it got stale pretty fast
    Really? I didn't mind it. I like stories with a lot of science, or even other things like politics. Plus, every storyline building up to some villain could be stale too. But I also like Star Trek, so maybe my viewpoint is skewed. It's possible writers are used to mostly writing about villains. But I don't want to derail the BP sub with this topic

Really? I didn't mind it. I like stories with a lot of science, or even other things like politics. Plus, every storyline building up to some villain could be stale too. But I also like Star Trek, so maybe my viewpoint is skewed. It's possible writers are used to mostly writing about villains. But I don't want to derail the BP sub with this topic
    I don't mind build ups either, but in-between the big boss you can have mini bosses that help the story. Along and keep it from being stale and boring

Ultimate Member

I don't mind build ups either, but in-between the big boss you can have mini bosses that help the story. Along and keep it from being stale and boring
    Ok. I guess I've never thought not having villains in a story is necessarily boring.