Page 320 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I guess I've never thought not having villains in a story is necessarily boring.
    I mean sure of the comic was like Avengers no surrender where it was a 16 issue story that came out every week, basically like a shonen manga, you can go without a villain showing up or fighting for parts of it. But when it comes out months, you gotta cut out some of the fluff and get to the meat and potatoes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean sure of the comic was like Avengers no surrender where it was a 16 issue story that came out every week, basically like a shonen manga, you can go without a villain showing up or fighting for parts of it. But when it comes out months, you gotta cut out some of the fluff and get to the meat and potatoes
    That depends on what is considered fluff. Some story arcs may not always build up to a big battle or confrontation. At least, they may not have to.

Ultimate Member

The main ones have some rogues, like Iron Man, Captain America or Thor, but after that, do other heroes have any notable villains? How many well-known villains do war Machine, Drax, Spider Woman or Shang-Chi have for themselves, for instance?

Nevertheless, I don't think Shuri is necessarily less of a hero without her own villains
    What villains does Antman or Blade have? Yet they account for soon to be 6 movies?

Static has his own villains and most of them were NOT used on the show.

Folks really don't care about most bad guys. It's not War machine or others fault they don't have any when the politics and entitlement and racism of comics prevents many of them from having a book.

Not everyone is Eve Ewing-who had no issue digging up Midnight Fire to pester Riri. Over at Batman his own main book has been a new villian showcase at his expense. Since DC is nothing but Batman books-no one is really complaining. Since he has other books starring him unlike Panther.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Ekie's 2022 review of Black Panther II

david ehrlich
    @davidehrlich
    ·
    Apr 22
    in what might be the single most baffling creative decision in movie history, there is no Mortal Kombat in the new MORTAL KOMBAT. insane. truly insane.

instead we get a dull video game adaptation that's been desperately Avengers-ized to death. my review: https://indiewire.com/2021/04/mortal...21-1234632240/

david ehrlich
    @davidehrlich
    Replying to
    @davidehrlich
    It’s like if someone making a Batman movie was so obsessively focused on fan service - on squeezing in every possible villain and Easter egg and jokey reference - that they forgot to include BATMAN. how did this happen and when will I stop laughing about it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What villains does Antman or Blade have? Yet they account for soon to be 6 movies?

Static has his own villains and most of them were NOT used on the show.

Folks really don't care about most bad guys. It's not War machine or others fault they don't have any when the politics and entitlement and racism of comics prevents many of them from having a book.

Not everyone is Eve Ewing-who had no issue digging up Midnight Fire to pester Riri. Over at Batman his own main book has been a new villian showcase at his expense. Since DC is nothing but Batman books-no one is really complaining. Since he has other books starring him unlike Panther.
    Well, that's kinda my point. They don't need their own rogues to be great heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

david ehrlich
    @davidehrlich
    ·
    I mean, this would probably be at the back of everyone's head here if they watched the movie too. If it doesn't take place during the blip (it's most likely not) then I don't see how it won't feel like this. Nakia doesn't have a reason to be in the movie anymore, none of these characters are developed enough to carry the franchise as they are exactly the same as they were from the BP 1.

We are going to see them likely dance around where is T'Challa, assuming what Fiege said holds true. It's not all around not a wise move to make a movie based on a character who isn't there. And then try to claim it's okay because it's just a mantle and Wakanda was always the star when it's clear it was not.

So yes I could see a review going that way, maybe better done but not enough to warrant the franchise owner missing

Ultimate Member

I mean, this would probably be at the back of everyone's head here if they watched the movie too. If it doesn't take place during the blip (it's most likely not) then I don't see how it won't feel like this. Nakia doesn't have a reason to be in the movie anymore, none of these characters are developed enough to carry the franchise as they are exactly the same as they were from the BP 1.

We are going to see them likely dance around where is T'Challa, assuming what Fiege said holds true. It's not all around not a wise move to make a movie based on a character who isn't there. And then try to claim it's okay because it's just a mantle and Wakanda was always the star when it's clear it was not.

So yes I could see a review going that way, maybe better done but not enough to warrant the franchise owner missing
    I hope they develop some of the characters enough, at least whoever is the lead. Many of the D+ lead characters weren't especially developed in the movies. Hopefully Marvel Studios learned from that

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

david ehrlich
    @davidehrlich
    ·
    For someone that "only comes here for the laughs" you sure do post alot lol

But to the reviewers point.....
    Making a movie called Mortal Kombat and then the director making an origional creation be the star of the movie because he thinks he knows better despite working with a decades old and already successfully established lore and product....never works. But im sure "faith in coogler" will overcome this issue in BP2 sans Black Panther starring Jeff the new MCU creation.

I did enjoy MK for what is was though since you were wondering

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Making a movie called Mortal Kombat and then the director making an origional creation be the star of the movie because he thinks he knows better despite working with a decades old and already successfully established lore and product....never works. But im sure "faith in coogler" will overcome this issue in BP2 sans Black Panther starring Jeff the new MCU creation.

I'm not putting any trust into rumors of original characters until I actually see it. And I'm hoping such rumors will not be true.

I'm not putting any trust into rumors of original characters until I actually see it. And I'm hoping such rumors will not be true.
    Now that's just silly. Don't you know that random anonymous sources on the Internet are ALWAYS right?

I hope they develop some of the characters enough, at least whoever is the lead. Many of the D+ lead characters weren't especially developed in the movies. Hopefully Marvel Studios learned from that
    Sure develop these side Characters on the D+ show so we get more Wakanda lore and stuff that they don't have time to focus on in the movies, but the BLACK PANTHER movie should feature, ya know, the black panther, aka T'Challa. None of the supporting cast can carry the franchise. Not without taking T'Challas story and even then it's less impactful

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Now that's just silly. Don't you know that random anonymous sources on the Internet are ALWAYS right?
    Im only making assumptions based on what Feigie says. And they are only assumptions on my part

Although the specific interview has been super hard to find
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-25-2021 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Dude just posts trying to get certain people fired up enough to get themselves banned. Tale as old as Bashenga.

But anway

Movie was still about MK, centered around MK, and the origional character was forced by a producer, Director had to work with it. It wasn't his decision

And I enjoyed MK too.

Speaking of Cole and tying it back to Black Panther...

spoilers:
    His arcana was basically Black Panther's nano suit lol
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Of course. That's why I joined Q-anon!

Sure develop these side Characters on the D+ show so we get more Wakanda lore and stuff that they don't have time to focus on in the movies, but the BLACK PANTHER movie should feature, ya know, the black panther, aka T'Challa. None of the supporting cast can carry the franchise. Not without taking T'Challas story and even then it's less impactful
    Of course, none of them have as much history as T'Challa. Idk exactly what they'll do. But whatever happens, I still hope it's good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dude just posts trying to get certain people fired up enough to get themselves banned. Tale as old as Bashenga.

But anway

Movie was still about MK, centered around MK, and the origional character was forced by a producer, Director had to work with it. It wasn't his decision

And I enjoyed MK too.

Speaking of Cole and tying it back to Black Panther...

spoilers:
    His arcana was basically Black Panther's nano suit lol
    end of spoilers
    He's an OC, right? Is that based on anything in MK?