Page 321 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421821 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 15079

Yea that suit was definitely "inspired" lol I enjoyed it though and agree it was still a mortal kombat movie since MK really has no main protagonist in the games story.
    That fight was what we should have gotten in Infinity wars Black Dwarf v Panther.
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-25-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's an OC, right? Is that based on anything in MK?
    He is not based on any part of MK lore. As MoS pointed out the producer made the change (for political reasons.)

People seem to love almost everything about the movie except for him. When you introduce a brand new character like that you have to do some setting up and you have to spend time making the audience actually care about him. Problem is that time takes away from the characters that people actually do care about from the stories origional lore.

Even with the cool powers ppl are not happy about it.
    Since im not that invested in the story it didnt bother me lol Very invested in Black Panther though

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Yea that suit was definitely "inspired" lol I enjoyed it though and agree it was still a mortal kombat movie since MK really has no main protagonist in the games story.
    That fight was what we should have gotten in Infinity wars Black Dwarf v Panther.
    I liked seeing BP one-shot BD

He is not based on any part of MK lore. As MoS pointed out the producer made the change (for political reasons.)

People seem to love almost everything about the movie except for him. When you introduce a brand new character like that you have to do some setting up and you have to spend time making the audience actually care about him. Problem is that time takes away from the characters that people actually do care about from the stories origional lore.

Even with the cool powers ppl are not happy about it.
    Since im not that invested in the story it didnt bother me lol Very invested in Black Panther though
    Ok. I have yet to see MK

Ok. I have yet to see MK
    The only MK I care about wears white and has a lunar fetish.

He's an OC, right? Is that based on anything in MK?
    Cole hasn’t appeared in any MK media before this new movie so yeah, he’s entirely original. And not nearly as interesting as the established characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The only MK I care about wears white and has a lunar fetish.
    Not quite sure whom you're referring to

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Cole hasn’t appeared in any MK media before this new movie so yeah, he’s entirely original. And not nearly as interesting as the established characters.
    Ok. That doesn't bode well for the movie

Ok. That doesn't bode well for the movie
    That’s just me though. The rest of the movie is fine for what it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Dude just posts trying to get certain people fired up enough to get themselves banned. Tale as old as Bashenga.

But anway

Movie was still about MK, centered around MK, and the origional character was forced by a producer, Director had to work with it. It wasn't his decision

And I enjoyed MK too.

Speaking of Cole and tying it back to Black Panther...

spoilers:
    His arcana was basically Black Panther's nano suit lol
    end of spoilers
    I'm legit surprised a certain someone has posted here in a long time. Not complaining or anything

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That’s just me though. The rest of the movie is fine for what it is.
    Oh, ok. I'll check it out at some point.

Moon knight.

Ultimate Member

Moon knight.
    Ok. I guess you'll be getting your wish soon

I liked seeing BP one-shot BD

Ok. I have yet to see MK
    Eh it was very clear that T'Challa one shotting BD was a last minute add on. Literally you blink and miss it type of shot. It's super akward looking. What we should of gotten was T'Challa killing BD. Banner never fought BD in new avengers so having him get the kill was dumb. Plus we get a whole sequence of Widow and Okoye Vs Proxima, yet T'Challa get a quick thrown together shot? A side Character got more than the franchise holder.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Eh it was very clear that T'Challa one shotting BD was a last minute add on. Literally you blink and miss it type of shot. It's super akward looking. What we should of gotten was T'Challa killing BD. Banner never fought BD in new avengers so having him get the kill was dumb. Plus we get a whole sequence of Widow and Okoye Vs Proxima, yet T'Challa get a quick thrown together shot? A side Character got more than the franchise holder.
    Well, I think Hulk and Vision got worse showings. But I didn't buy Scarlet Witch needing Okoye and Black Widow.

Admittedly with IW and endgame being his last movies, in retrospect he could've had some better action scenes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    In all fairness we did get to see the tactician side of T’Challa since he coordinated the defense of Wakanda. He organized the armies, told people when to shoot, demanded that the shield get brought down, and led the charge with Cap right behind him. Okoye got a fight but she wasn’t the general or shown to be in control of the Wakandan military or the many heroes that helped them. I think that was important to highlight for T’Challa’s character, he’s not just a great warrior he is one of the world’s best leaders.

But when Spider-Man and Strange managed to get more screen time, pal around with other heroes, AND get strong combat scenes (several in fact), it makes T’Challa’s role in Infinity War seem tacked on. Strange was actually more impressive in Infinity War than he was in his own damn movie lol. Ideally T’Challa would’ve at least been able to take down Black Dwarf in an actual fight. Don’t even have to diminish what they gave Okoye, just take from another character that was clearly used for little more than a gag. Bruce got his big moment in Endgame anyway and if he absolutely needed to be onscreen with Black Dwarf, have T’Challa save him by taking the guy down himself. But that would require foresight on Disney’s part about how successful BP would be and how much people wanted to see the character treated like a top priority.

Not quite sure whom you're referring to.

Ok. I guess you'll be getting your wish soon
    Well, comic or D+ show. I'm not picky.