Page 329 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That was The Cabal. You obvously had the one from the Incursion era but there was one before that Namor invited T'challa too at the beginning of Deadliest of the Species when T'challa went, "bruh, I didn't even join the Illuminati and those were good guys, wtf man."

Who the hell trolled Namor and drew him like that WTF lolololololol

Ah, the Dark Reign era.

The time I started getting familiar with T'Challa.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I never watched the Rock on WWE, so I never knew he was the bad guy until now, lol
    You need to see the old videos on YouTube, it's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I feel like they're deciding that they are giving me time to re-read everything. At some point, I probably should take them up on that.
    I actually am going to re-read it, to see if it is as bad as it seemed in real time (aka slow motion lol).

But... I'm not doing that until the final issue is actually out, because I don't want to sit around and wait months to finish it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I don't know how old you are but I'm going to guess pretty young but back in the late 90s/very early 2000s in the world of professional wrestling we had the attitude era. By far the WWE's (known as the WWF back then) greatest period. Anyway, you had situations where talent like The Rock was a heel (bad guy) and his best moments and some of the most engaging moments were when he had beef with other bad guys or antiheroes like Stone Cold Steve Austin. Principly it's this sort of logic as to why some villains get their own movies. If the villain is cool and charismatic enough there's a lot of potential to capitalise on having their own movie.
    I was a bit young to probably follow all that. Is it still that way? I haven't watched much wrestling tbh. The Rock usually isn't the bad guy, although he'll be the bad guy in Black Adam

I just don't get who a villain is supposed to fight in his/her own movie. I like watching villains, but when they're fighting heroes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I was a bit young to probably follow all that. Is it still that way? I haven't watched much wrestling tbh. The Rock usually isn't the bad guy, although he'll be the bad guy in Black Adam

I just don't get who a villain is supposed to fight in his/her own movie. I like watching villains, but when they're fighting heroes
    We'll see if The Rock plays a villain in his movie. I know the comic character is supposed to be an anti-hero, but some actors guard their reps to an insane degree.

The fact that Rock and Jason couldn't get too beat up in Hobbs and Shaw undermined what could have been a good popcorn flick, and Will Smith's Deadshot sucked because he didn't dare step outside of 80s anti-hero morality ("No women or children.")

We'll see if The Rock plays a villain in his movie. I know the comic character is supposed to be an anti-hero, but some actors guard their reps to an insane degree.

The fact that Rock and Jason couldn't get too beat up in Hobbs and Shaw undermined what could have been a good popcorn flick, and Will Smith's Deadshot sucked because he didn't dare step outside of 80s anti-hero morality ("No women or children.")
    Black Adam is a lot like Namor in that he only does what's best for his Kingdom. So he flips between being good or bad, he can fly and he has pointy ears too. No thirsting for blondes on his part though.

Ultimate Member

Wait, those two actually put that in their contracts?

As for Deadshot, perhaps they should've cast a character willing to play the villain. He's not a hero.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Black Adam is a lot like Namor in that he only does what's best for his Kingdom. So he flips between being good or bad, he can fly and he has pointy ears too. No thirsting for blondes on his part though.
    I know the character, I read Johns' JSA from the start.

The problem with non MCU movies though, is that actors are less willing to play a character and more just play themselves. Will Smith playing Deadshot is the best example, but not only one.

So the quality of Black Adam will depend on how much the Rock is actually willing to play an anti-hero. I don't need him tearing people in half, but he does need to at least approach a line.

Ultimate Member

As for Deadshot, perhaps they should've cast a character willing to play the villain. He's not a hero.
    Jason and The Rock both have it in their contracts that they have to score an equal number of hits (sigh).

So what should have been a fight like Iron Man vs. Cap at the end of Civil War, was instead them holding their own and then able to joke and limp home.

Again, it was a popcorn flick. Low expectations. But that last fight wasn't half as hard as it needed to be/could be. And there's no shaming in just edging out a win against Stringer Bell

They are protecting their brand

They wanted Will's name.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They are protecting their brand

They wanted Will's name.
    Well, I guess Hobbes and Shaw was basically riding on their popularity to some extent

They should've gotten someone else to play Deadshot then. I don't think actors' names are even a sure thing anymore, or even back all the way in 2016. I don't recall anyone saying "SS sucked except Smith's Deadshot saved it!"

Ultimate Member

Well, I guess Hobbes and Shaw was basically riding on their popularity to some extent

They should've gotten someone else to play Deadshot then. I don't think actors' names are even a sure thing anymore, or even back all the way in 2016. I don't recall anyone saying "SS sucked except Smith's Deadshot saved it!"
    Actors aren't a sure thing anymore, but studios are slow to change their thinking

Ultimate Member

Actors aren't a sure thing anymore, but studios are slow to change their thinking
    Exactly. It seems concept and/or franchise is the big draw now. And characters too

Ultimate Member

Will Smith is still a name and for some places that is good enough for them.

Remember theaters have a choice in who they get to show in their theater way in advance.
    It's why you don't see certain movies or they come and go so quick in some places.

If Fruitville Station came out AFTER Black Panther-I wouldn't have had to go to another city to see it. Because it did NOT show in the black community and I live in one of the largest cities in the nation. Get Out was set to be yanked from theaters near me after opening weekend. When it made number 1-guess who got more showings at the expense of another movie.

Will was there to get rear ends in those seats. If Dc had any respect for Cyborg and Jordan or Boseman was available or Caleb from Stranger Things was a little older-they would have done the same thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Will Smith is still a name and for some places that is good enough for them.

Remember theaters have a choice in who they get to show in their theater way in advance.
    It's why you don't see certain movies or they come and go so quick in some places.

If Fruitville Station came out AFTER Black Panther-I wouldn't have had to go to another city to see it. Because it did NOT show in the black community and I live in one of the largest cities in the nation. Get Out was set to be yanked from theaters near me after opening weekend. When it made number 1-guess who got more showings at the expense of another movie.

Will was there to get rear ends in those seats. If Dc had any respect for Cyborg and Jordan or Boseman was available or Caleb from Stranger Things was a little older-they would have done the same thing.
    So basically those movies didn't get good showings because they didn't have big stars?

Idk what DC is doing with Cyborg tbh. The Snyder Cut boosted his popularity but idk if WB will capitalize on it