Page 331 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Rewatching Redbelt on PlutoTV. Totally forgot I wanted Chiwetel Ejiofor as T'Challa years ago because of it. Worried Marvel picked Boseman cause he was more athletic and younger (was shocked at the time to eventually learn Chad was older) . Turned out to be wrong cause he was obviously fantastic.

Shame Chiwetel is being wasted as Mordo. If they were recasting Chiwetel is about the only one who could probably bring that level of regalness to the role.
    Yeah, Chiwetel was my personal choice too. He would have been great too

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Mikkelsen and Ejiofor could've been better as Mordo and Dr. Voodoo, respectively.

Dude is solid for sure. But I think they should find a younger actors. Someone on their 30d to play T'Challa of they ever recast

Marvel could literally find anyone and they would become the biggest star in Hollywood if they nail the part. Random Talented African actor weve never heard of..Boom he instantly the hottest star in hollywood...if he nails the part.

Is there anyone in their right mind that
    Would think Boseman wouldnt be proud of that? Chad didnt care about oscars aka hollywood stars.

Oscar's viewership is down because people don't worship stars like that anymore. The characters are making these people Stars. Gal Gadot. Ryan Reynolds. The third Olsen twin that we just now found out about who is now as big a star as her sisters ever were.
    Marvel doesnt need these "big name" actors Black Panther or otherwise.

Robert Downey jr. Is the star he is right now because of Iron Man. Yeah the character Iron Man was helped by Downey's performance as well but who helped who more?
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-27-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think it's helped a lot of unknown or semi-known actors whose profiles were boosted by starring in successful MCU movies. Of course, I think the actors also helped sell the performances. They could've easily been miscast but pretty much everyone has done a good job IMO

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think it's helped a lot of unknown or semi-known actors whose profiles were boosted by starring in successful MCU movies. Of course, I think the actors also helped sell the performances. They could've easily been miscast but pretty much everyone has done a good job IMO
    Yeah, I've lost count of how many times I've thought "Hmm, is X really good for the role?" and been completely wrong. I didn't think Chris Evans had the chops for Cap, lol.

IMO, that really is an underrated part of why the MCU is so awesome. We get amazing action movies, where the main characters can actually act and get opportunities to display their range. I can't think of many action movies like that, period.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Mikkelsen and Ejiofor could've been better as Mordo and Dr. Voodoo, respectively.
    Ejiofor playing the Operative was what convinced me. That character was like an evil T'Challa

Ejiofor playing the Operative was what convinced me. That character was like an evil T'Challa
    He was? How so?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He was? How so?
    Polite, precise, respectful with a slight sense of humor, and utterly ruthless.

Have you seen Serenity? It's freakin' awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N861GyISBX4

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I've lost count of how many times I've thought "Hmm, is X really good for the role?" and been completely wrong. I didn't think Chris Evans had the chops for Cap, lol.

IMO, that really is an underrated part of why the MCU is so awesome. We get amazing action movies, where the main characters can actually act and get opportunities to display their range. I can't think of many action movies like that, period.
    Agreed. And D+ is helping out those characters who didn't get enough screen time to do so beforehand

You're talking about Serenity, right? He was pretty cool in that.

Ultimate Member

Polite, precise, respectful with a slight sense of humor, and utterly ruthless.

Have you seen Serenity? It's freakin' awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N861GyISBX4
    Don't forget Kinky Boots. He saved that movie playing a drag queen. Wore ultra high heels and had to sing.

Yeah the character Iron Man was helped by Downey's performance as well but who helped who more?
    Remember he had just done Ally Mcbeal to rave reviews as he tried to rebuild his career. Iron Man helped cement that.

I would say Iron Man and him nailing Tony Stark helped him.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone know what to expect out of T’Challa’s appearances in the Doom marriage storyline with the Fantastic Four and the Hellfire Gala with the X-Men? I’m interested to see T’Challa the statesman and how writers approach that as far as his relationship with the Fantastic Four and Latveria. Namor will be there so I expect there to be a bit of tension from that angle as well. T’Challa’s probably there just because he was invited much to his own surprise and wants to see what’s up. Looking forward to some nice moments between him and Reed plus some insight into how Wakanda will be dealing with an increasingly aggressive Latveria.

I expect the usual **** slinging when it comes to the Hellfire Gala and expect some kind of update on his situation with Storm, who we know is going to be there. You got the whole Skybreaker situation that got settled in X of Swords and we know T’Challa still has feelings for her per the KIB tie-in, and no one has addressed that Wakanda has economic protectorates that are rejecting the Krakoan deals. I doubt T’Challa has a big role to play (much like with the FF story) but the Hellfire Gala will probably set the tone for future X-Men/Avengers relations moving forward and could have bigger implications on the wider Marvel universe going forward.

Whether Aaron plays into that in the current Avengers book remains to be seen but it’s worth pointing out Wakanda was highlighted red in HOX/POX, just like Franklin Richards who we know was gonna be a big player in Hickman’s saga prior to the retcon. One can only hope the next BP writer doesn’t lean too much into stuff happening outside the book but not so much that it seems the BP solo is operating in its own universe like Coates did.

Same here.....

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Does anyone know what to expect out of T’Challa’s appearances in the Doom marriage storyline with the Fantastic Four and the Hellfire Gala with the X-Men? I’m interested to see T’Challa the statesman and how writers approach that as far as his relationship with the Fantastic Four and Latveria. Namor will be there so I expect there to be a bit of tension from that angle as well. T’Challa’s probably there just because he was invited much to his own surprise and wants to see what’s up. Looking forward to some nice moments between him and Reed plus some insight into how Wakanda will be dealing with an increasingly aggressive Latveria.

I expect the usual **** slinging when it comes to the Hellfire Gala and expect some kind of update on his situation with Storm, who we know is going to be there. You got the whole Skybreaker situation that got settled in X of Swords and we know T’Challa still has feelings for her per the KIB tie-in, and no one has addressed that Wakanda has economic protectorates that are rejecting the Krakoan deals. I doubt T’Challa has a big role to play (much like with the FF story) but the Hellfire Gala will probably set the tone for future X-Men/Avengers relations moving forward and could have bigger implications on the wider Marvel universe going forward.

Whether Aaron plays into that in the current Avengers book remains to be seen but it’s worth pointing out Wakanda was highlighted red in HOX/POX, just like Franklin Richards who we know was gonna be a big player in Hickman’s saga prior to the retcon. One can only hope the next BP writer doesn’t lean too much into stuff happening outside the book but not so much that it seems the BP solo is operating in its own universe like Coates did.
    I have no idea what to expect except shenanigans lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

As far as the gala is concerned I hope he isn't simping after Storm or trying to get back with her. But I see this whole event as Marvel's way to have the mutants drag and get over on humanity, non-mutant heroes specifically. I expect mutants to hurl insults, dole out humiliations and spout declarations of superiority over mankind. I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I don't see T'Challa or any non-mutant character coming out of this event looking good. This is Krakoa's coming out party, no one else can look good.