Page 332 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432832 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Does anyone know what to expect out of T’Challa’s appearances in the Doom marriage storyline with the Fantastic Four and the Hellfire Gala with the X-Men? I’m interested to see T’Challa the statesman and how writers approach that as far as his relationship with the Fantastic Four and Latveria. Namor will be there so I expect there to be a bit of tension from that angle as well. T’Challa’s probably there just because he was invited much to his own surprise and wants to see what’s up. Looking forward to some nice moments between him and Reed plus some insight into how Wakanda will be dealing with an increasingly aggressive Latveria.

I expect the usual **** slinging when it comes to the Hellfire Gala and expect some kind of update on his situation with Storm, who we know is going to be there. You got the whole Skybreaker situation that got settled in X of Swords and we know T’Challa still has feelings for her per the KIB tie-in, and no one has addressed that Wakanda has economic protectorates that are rejecting the Krakoan deals. I doubt T’Challa has a big role to play (much like with the FF story) but the Hellfire Gala will probably set the tone for future X-Men/Avengers relations moving forward and could have bigger implications on the wider Marvel universe going forward.

Whether Aaron plays into that in the current Avengers book remains to be seen but it’s worth pointing out Wakanda was highlighted red in HOX/POX, just like Franklin Richards who we know was gonna be a big player in Hickman’s saga prior to the retcon. One can only hope the next BP writer doesn’t lean too much into stuff happening outside the book but not so much that it seems the BP solo is operating in its own universe like Coates did.
    Has he appeared in any promotional material for the Gala?

Don’t have high hopes for Hellfire Gala since the X-office will probably be up to their usual antics. I have morbid curiosity for what’s happening with Doom though.

Also, wouldn’t it be nice if T’Challa wore an outfit to the Hellfire Gala that looks similar to what Chadwick wore to the met gala one time? I think that would be a nice little tribute to him. D601230B-DAF6-4329-A340-548CB736F1FE.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

What exactly is he wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What exactly is he wearing?
    The Gala's theme that year was 'Catholic'. So celebrities got creative with dressing for the theme.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Gala's theme that year was 'Catholic'. So celebrities got creative with dressing for the theme.
    I see. I've never watched it so I don't know what goes on there. But I don't think T'Challa would wear Christian symbols

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Edited: repeat post
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well at least Miles and T'challa got to be in the same panel today

Still don't think they spoke lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

From hype to no hype to anti-hype

HYPE

1. Thor 4
    2. DS 2

Maybe?

3. Batman- Still can't get over the Patterson casting
    4. Black Adam- is this just the Rock or is it Black Adam
    5. CM2- really interested on the power scaling potentially goign on here... is this on earth or off world?

Will Not Pay For

6. BP2
    7. Flash
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well at least Miles and T'challa got to be in the same panel today

Still don't think they spoke lol
    In Spider-Man: Curse of the Man-Thing? Yeah, I read. Real shame they didn't exchange words, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. I've never watched it so I don't know what goes on there. But I don't think T'Challa would wear Christian symbols
    I don't think it's something televised. It's a fundraiser for the 'MET' the theme is based around whatever the exhibit is for that year.

Tchalla would just change out the Christian iconography for some Panther tribe symbols.

Black Panther 2 is trending today in twitter because ppl are saying they dont want to watch it.

Sad times indeed. Marvel cant ignore this forever
    Last edited by Ekie; 04-28-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    From hype to no hype to anti-hype

HYPE

1. Thor 4
    2. DS 2

Maybe?

3. Batman- Still can't get over the Patterson casting
    4. Black Adam- is this just the Rock or is it Black Adam
    5. CM2- really interested on the power scaling potentially goign on here... is this on earth or off world?

Will Not Pay For

6. BP2
    7. Flash
    Pattinson has evolved a lot since Twilight though

MoM and LaT are high on my list too. Black Adam seems interesting and I'm curious to see Carol evolve in CM2.

I'm unsure about flash and BP2 but still will see them

I don't think it's something televised. It's a fundraiser for the 'MET' the theme is based around whatever the exhibit is for that year.

Tchalla would just change out the Christian iconography for some Panther tribe symbols.
    Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther 2 is trending today in twitter because ppl are they dont want to watch it.

Sad times indeed. Marvel cant ignore this forever
    Count me as one of them. No T’Challa = No ticket.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Has he appeared in any promotional material for the Gala?
    Not yet but they’ve been pretty transparent about how non-mutant superhumans will be making an appearance, along with other major human figures in geopolitics and industry. Cap was seen on one of the covers and we know Doom is gonna be present. There’s a good chance most of the current Avengers show up, especially T’Challa since he rules the most powerful human nation on Earth.

Either way, I pretty much echo what the tall man said. As long as T’Challa keeps his feelings in check and isn’t pining after Storm I’ll be mostly ok with whatever the Hellfire Gala ends up being. I expect the usual mutant arrogance and some OOC characterization from the Avengers to justify some more tension but overall my main hope is nothing substantial is done with T’Challa that bleeds into the next relaunch. So no hints at a romantic thing with Storm or major diplomatic blunders. I hope he’s in the Doom story for more than 1 issue just to see him with the FF but I don’t see that being likely. Still, it’ll be nice to see a respectful portrayal of him as a statesman in that book.