Page 338 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438838 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah and really T'Challas main "cast" should consist of: Shuri, Okoye, LI, W'kabi (or mcu synergy M'Baku) and Akili/Kasper. But even then they all show up to support and elevate T'Challa. But T'Challa needs a best friend back. I would actually like to see M'Baku be T'Challas friend against and have that play out as they used to be brothers essentially and T'Challa trusted him enough to let him run Wakanda while he was gone. That some serious trust and given the reception of M'Baku, maybe something to try out.

Either way, the cast of semi regulars should consist of those 5 on rotation if needed. Similar to Hudlins WitBP. I feel that showed a good use of the supporting cast. Or 4 the hard way when he had like as a consistent guest star
    My ideal Black Panther Family is:

T’Challa: visionary warrior-shaman and king of Wakanda. Greatest H2H fighter in the kingdom and a master strategist dedicated to turning Wakanda into a force for good in the world while keeping his people safe.

Shuri: the forward-looking greatest mind in Wakanda. A techno-spiritualist who fuses her ties to the ancestral energies found in the natural world with nanotechnology (alchemy). Head Engineer of the Wakandan Design Group

Okoye: T’Challa’s de facto second-in-command in the field, general of the Dora Milaje (kingsguard). A traditionalist uneasy with T’Challa’s reforms who nonetheless follows his lead while keeping his affairs in order (like Alfred)

M’Baku: chieftain of the Jabari Tribe and head of the White Gorilla Cult, a staunch traditionalist trapped between his alliance with the throne, the radicalism of his people, and the yearnings of his god. A frenemy.

Kasper/Akili: the personal bounty hunter and infiltrator of the king. Head of the Hatut Zeraze, the intelligence branch of the Wakandan military, a younger brother figure for T’Challa and has a respect for the outside world

Monica Lynne: American songstress turned humanitarian, a globe trotting celebrity who’s drifted in and out of T’Challa’s life. Media savvy and well versed in Wakandan law she is a valued “heart”/adviser for her lover

Ramonda: Queen Mother of Wakanda, a South African activist who has become a bit of an Olenna Tyrell type, dedicated to the preservation of her children. Another emotional support for T’Challa

Zawavari/Zuri: a worshipper of the Old (Elder) Gods, an immortal recently instated as court wizard who advises T’Challa on mystical matters. More than a few skeletons in his closet and slowly growing to respect T’Challa as king

I don’t really see what else you need besides that. T’Challa is the lead, Okoye, Shuri, Monica, M’Baku are primary supporting cast. Kasper, Ramonda, Zawavari are extended cast that get focus every now and then and fill out the pages. Maybe throw in a Catwoman style love interest of your choosing and a random character like W’Kabi in a civilian role to get to 10 characters in total. But overall I think that covers all the bases for me. Oh and have T’Challa resurrect Preyy as his pet lol.
    Last edited by chief12d; 04-29-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Is Taku or W'kabi the gay one?

They been gone for so long I dn't remember.

Someone tell LGBT twitter they exist.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

T’Challa: visionary warrior-shaman and king of Wakanda. Greatest H2H fighter in the kingdom and a master strategist dedicated to turning Wakanda into a force for good in the world while keeping his people safe.

Shuri: the forward-looking greatest mind in Wakanda. A techno-spiritualist who fuses her ties to the ancestral energies found in the natural world with nanotechnology (alchemy). Head Engineer of the Wakandan Design Group

Okoye: T’Challa’s de facto second-in-command in the field, general of the Dora Milaje (kingsguard). A traditionalist uneasy with T’Challa’s reforms who nonetheless follows his lead while keeping his affairs in order (like Alfred)

M’Baku: chieftain of the Jabari Tribe and head of the White Gorilla Cult, a staunch traditionalist trapped between his alliance with the throne, the radicalism of his people, and the yearnings of his god. A frenemy.

Kasper/Akili: the personal bounty hunter and infiltrator of the king. Head of the Hatut Zeraze, the intelligence branch of the Wakandan military, a younger brother figure for T’Challa and has a respect for the outside world

Monica Lynne: American songstress turned humanitarian, a globe trotting celebrity who’s drifted in and out of T’Challa’s life. Media savvy and well versed in Wakandan law she is a valued “heart”/adviser for her lover

Ramonda: Queen Mother of Wakanda, a South African activist who has become a bit of an Olenna Tyrell type, dedicated to the preservation of her children. Another emotional support for T’Challa

Zawavari/Zuri: a worshipper of the Old (Elder) Gods, an immortal recently instated as court wizard who advises T’Challa on mystical matters. More than a few skeletons in his closet and slowly growing to respect T’Challa as king

I don’t really see what else you need besides that. T’Challa is the lead, Okoye, Shuri, Monica, M’Baku are primary supporting cast. Kasper, Ramonda, Zawavari are extended cast that get focus every now and then and fill out the pages. Maybe throw in a Catwoman style love interest of your choosing and a random character like W’Kabi in a civilian role to get to 10 characters in total. But overall I think that covers all the bases for me. Oh and have T’Challa resurrect Preyy as his pet lol.
    You need a Zuri to connect T'challa to his father/Wakanda's isolated past.

Plus all the people you mentioned can be... dry AF lol. Zuri brings in the humor. I don't like Zuri the priest type, I want Zuri the Warrior who gets drunk with Thor lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Taku..... W’baki got a wife & 2-3 kids if I’m remember correctly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is Taku or W'kabi the gay one?

They been gone for so long I dn't remember.

Someone tell LGBT twitter they exist.
    Taku but I don’t think that was ever confirmed on panel. Yea without the Midnight Angels we’re kinda low on LGBTQIA+ representation. Zawavari’s pretty old I’m sure he’s gone gay at least once in the last 10,000 years lol.

Great breakdown my brother mines is BP, Shuri, LI (I’d prefer the Croc Warrior Queen), Zuri, QDJ, S’Yan, Okoye, M’Baku, Queen Mom & Ngassi..

Astonishing Member

You need a Zuri to connect T'challa to his father/Wakanda's isolated past.

Plus all the people you mentioned can be... dry AF lol. Zuri brings in the humor. I don't like Zuri the priest type, I want Zuri the Warrior who gets drunk with Thor lol
    True I was thinking of Shuri having her MCU persona (irreverent and quippy post-resurrection). Can we mix the MCU role with the comic personality for Zuri? A drunk warrior-priest sounds like fun. Maybe he gets ressurected, has a come to Bast moment and tries his hand at being a shaman lol. Probably not the most in character change but could be interesting lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Great breakdown my brother mines is BP, Shuri, LI (I’d prefer the Croc Warrior Queen), Zuri, QDJ, S’Yan, Okoye, M’Baku, Queen Mom & Ngassi..
    Yea I like that cast too. I really miss S’Yan, I always felt Hudlin could’ve done a bit more with his character but what we did get was mostly nice. Would’ve been cool to see him in the MCU.

Yea I like that cast too. I really miss S’Yan, I always felt Hudlin could’ve done a bit more with his character but what we did get was mostly nice. Would’ve been cool to see him in the MCU.
    I liked where Evan took S'yan in RotBP

Made him a bit... darker? more traditionalist? Which makes sense... his brother got murked, he'd prolly be a little bitter/dark.

Same here he my fav BP supporting character I’ve never forgive Mayberry for Killing him or TNC for not bringing him back.. I’m hoping one day he shows up

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Doesn't seem very helpful for those other heroes. Although do the FF have anyone besides Alicia Masters as consistently regular support?

Mar-Vell isn't around though, so I don't think he'll mind. Maybe putting minor heroes as supporting cast is the way to go, especially if they can't get solos. And actually keep supporting characters going
    doing that only works if the hero doesn't have much to work with. T'Challa literally has a nation at his disposal. A good writer could create an entire world on the BP franchise and if they wanted, never have him have to leave Wakanda and have everything take place there. It's an entire nation.

That being said, I don't mind T'Challa teaming up with a hero for a short arc or two or have reoccurring out of franchise Characters. So long as the majority of the run focuses on T'Challa and jos cast. Priest did this well, as did Hudlin. Even Liss did a decent job at it as well

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    doing that only works if the hero doesn't have much to work with. T'Challa literally has a nation at his disposal. A good writer could create an entire world on the BP franchise and if they wanted, never have him have to leave Wakanda and have everything take place there. It's an entire nation.

That being said, I don't mind T'Challa teaming up with a hero for a short arc or two or have reoccurring out of franchise Characters. So long as the majority of the run focuses on T'Challa and jos cast. Priest did this well, as did Hudlin. Even Liss did a decent job at it as well
    True, Wakanda is an entire nation, and a unique nation at that. So it has a lot of room for storytelling. But I do think T'Challa benefits from working in or leading groups of heroes of varied origin. I thinl both need to be developed to their fullest

I like this this works too, though i would change it to T'Challa is the super genius superhero warrior King. Greatest warrior I(as it encompasses everything including H2H) in Wakanda and the most dangerous man alive.

And Kasper/Akili Head of the HZ and Wakandas central intelligence/espionage/counterterrorists branch. If Okoye is T'Challas right hand, then Kasper/ Akili is his left

I liked where Evan took S'yan in RotBP

Made him a bit... darker? more traditionalist? Which makes sense... his brother got murked, he'd prolly be a little bitter/dark.
    I remember that now.. your right that we want the cast to not be stiff. I liked Priest Zuri, S'yan might be redundant though, I really don't think mcu Shuri works for the comics. Mu Shuri has been through too much isht. But I would probably turn Akili/Kasper, into kinda very light deadpool type (Merc with a mouth type, not what he is now) where they have a somewhat dark sense of humor just given the requirements of their position. Combined that with T'Challa having some deadpan humor that Ewing gave him in ultimates and we should be Golden lol

Out of curiosity

Do you guys like "boring name" tribes like Mining, River, Merchant, Border, Jabari

or "cool name" tribes like Crocodile, Lion, Hyena, Panther, White Gorialla, ect

I was in no one bias calling one cool name and one boring name lol