Page 343 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443843 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Just wait til the race bend MCU gambit and/or rogue and the incoming shitstorm...
    I'm not super into either character, but it's not like we need another all-White couple in the MCU

The fun part, of course, is that most of the people who watched the movies/cartoons probably didn't KNOW Storm married T'Challa.

GA, absolutely

But, as we know, that doesn't really do anything for the comics lol

People know freaking Iceman too but other than" ice powers" they probbaly didn't know a thing abotu him lol. Dude was a nothing sandwich til they made him gay.

But, cool name + easy powers that fit name + cartoons can do A LOT for a character to the GA.

Comic wise, that is backed up by nothing

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...eason-for.html
    Holy isht Dude. That post was so... Cringe... BP fans should be prostrating themselves in front of Storm? WTF??? But then the rest of your post was spot on. It's crazy how people seem to think that T'Challa got to where he was because of Storm despite being shown to sell on his own merits already. Literally the only thing holding T'Challa back right now is NOT having a comic veteran (or pointman) in his corner to take him to the next level. Redjack is THAT GUY. I truly believe he can raise him where he needs to be. KiB tie in showed that (only talking about the most recent contribution)

Astonishing Member

oooo a fellow gambit fan in the wild!

Just wait til the race bend MCU gambit and/or rogue and the incoming shitstorm...
    Gambit’s one of my favorite X-Men, up there with Storm and Cyclops.

I fully expect them to racebend Rogue as biracial and it’s one of a few swaps that wouldn’t bother me. But if they cast a dude like Kofi Siriboe for Gambit I’m here for the fuckery lol. The meltdown online would be glorious.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The fun part, of course, is that most of the people who watched the movies/cartoons probably didn't KNOW Storm married T'Challa.
    True. I think the marriage was more to boost the profile of the comic versions. Idk if the ga would've bought the marriage. Even a lot of comic readers didn't

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Gambit’s one of my favorite X-Men, up there with Storm and Cyclops.

I fully expect them to racebend Rogue as biracial and it’s one of a few swaps that wouldn’t bother me. But if they cast a dude like Kofi Siriboe for Gambit I’m here for the fuckery lol. The meltdown online would be glorious.
    I think they'd be happy if Gambit got any live action adaptation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I think they'd be happy if Gambit got any live action adaptation at all.
    He was in Wolverine Origins. It didn't go well. Lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Well, I meant a better one than that, but that's a low bar!

True. I think the marriage was more to boost the profile of the comic versions. Idk if the ga would've bought the marriage. Even a lot of comic readers didn't

THe general audience would eat that marriage up with the biggest spoon they could find lol

They give two shits about "muh history"

Gambit isn't even a hard ccharacter to do in a cameo situation and they manage to mess him up lol

Like... how do you even miss up his powers? Had him flipping around like a damn idiot. throws some explosion **** mane !
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

I guess it depends on how they would put the relationship on screen.

Anyway, it's a moot point, but idk if it would've ever been a good idea for the MCU

Astonishing Member

Especially with all the unfortunate drama between the Avengers and X-Men both in the MU and the real world
    This is something to consider too. X-Men fans love to victimize themselves and many dislike the Avengers with an irrational hatred. And then look at how some of them treated Synch when he started finally getting some shine over the dozen major white characters that franchise has. I don’t want Black Panther having to deal with such a rabid and often (ironically) racist fan base especially knowing the in-universe tensions that all too often get played up between both franchises nowadays.

It’s a recipe for disaster, both times that Storm and T’Challa broke up it was because of editorial creating a stupid conflict that put their romance on the line, you’re much less likely to get that if T’Challa’s with Monica or Nightshade. Humans who can one day fully see themselves as of his realm. No more mutants in the Black Panther franchise, they bring nothing but trouble and mischaracterization to T’Challa and Wakanda as a whole.

If I want to read about mutants I’ll pick up an X-book but I don’t want to see Storm, Manifold, or any other mutants black or otherwise in what ostensibly is an Avengers-related solo title. It’s one of my big issues with Coates. The only mutant that should be in the world of BP is Muti because he’s completely controlled by the BP office and even then I’d want him as a supporting character to Shuri assuming she ever gets a solo push again. If not then good riddance to him too lol.

That was Jakarra and he wasn't the oldest

Second in line.

T'challa was first in line. He is the eldest.

It was (another) retcon by Hudlin (to be fair, it was supposed to be a separate thing) having Jakarra die there instead of becoming that purple monster dude... which was retconned back by rise of the BP
    I miss Jakarra man, if we need another BP sibling I’d rather see him return over Hunter. Between him being a vibranium mutate and the reveal in Rise that he’s the royal family’s dirty secret, I think a writer could do interesting things with him. Every family has a screw up and I think he’d play that role pretty well, with his gritting getting him into issues that force T’Challa to save his life or prevent sensitive Wakandan info from falling into the wrong hands.

But I think Marvel is consolidating the core Wakandan royal family around just T’Challa and Shuri as his only sibling so I don’t see him or Hunter getting much use. So maybe they can bring in T’Shan to be the royal screw up assuming he’s still alive after the war with Atlantis lol. It’d be nice to see him at least once in the next run, not as a major or even secondary supporting character, but just a source of annoyance for his cousin.

Ultimate Member

This is something to consider too. X-Men fans love to victimize themselves and many dislike the Avengers with an irrational hatred. And then look at how some of them treated Synch when he started finally getting some shine over the dozen major white characters that franchise has. I don’t want Black Panther having to deal with such a rabid and often (ironically) racist fan base especially knowing the in-universe tensions that all too often get played up between both franchises nowadays.

It’s a recipe for disaster, both times that Storm and T’Challa broke up it was because of editorial creating a stupid conflict that put their romance on the line, you’re much less likely to get that if T’Challa’s with Monica or Nightshade. Humans who can one day fully see themselves as of his realm. No more mutants in the Black Panther franchise, they bring nothing but trouble and mischaracterization to T’Challa and Wakanda as a whole.

If I want to read about mutants I’ll pick up an X-book but I don’t want to see Storm, Manifold, or any other mutants black or otherwise in what ostensibly is an Avengers-related solo title. It’s one of my big issues with Coates. The only mutant that should be in the world of BP is Muti because he’s completely controlled by the BP office and even then I’d want him as a supporting character to Shuri assuming she ever gets a solo push again. If not then good riddance to him too lol.
    I actually wish the mutants would get along better with non-mutants in Marvel. I think having a mixed team, like Uncanny Avengers, is a workable idea, even if the execution doesn't work. Of course, Wakanda could have its own mutant hero. But honestly all this AvX stuff should've been dropped at some point.

I didn't know Synch got such a pushback, though. I assumed the X-fanbase is generally progressive. But I don't really know much about him

I miss Jakarra man, if we need another BP sibling I’d rather see him return over Hunter. Between him being a vibranium mutate and the reveal in Rise that he’s the royal family’s dirty secret, I think a writer could do interesting things with him. Every family has a screw up and I think he’d play that role pretty well, with his gritting getting him into issues that force T’Challa to save his life or prevent sensitive Wakandan info from falling into the wrong hands.

But I think Marvel is consolidating the core Wakandan royal family around just T’Challa and Shuri as his only sibling so I don’t see him or Hunter getting much use. So maybe they can bring in T’Shan to be the royal screw up assuming he’s still alive after the war with Atlantis lol. It’d be nice to see him at least once in the next run, not as a major or even secondary supporting character, but just a source of annoyance for his cousin.
    I assume having just T'Challa and Shuri makes it easier to deal with in the end.

I would repurpose jakkara, I would change him from some weird vibranium mutate, into something more.... Dangerous. He still mutates but it's not into some blob monster but had actual powers, maybe something similar to one-piece Logia types so T'Challa has to figure out how to hurt someone that candrop jos corporeal form

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would repurpose jakkara, I would change him from some weird vibranium mutate, into something more.... Dangerous. He still mutates but it's not into some blob monster but had actual powers, maybe something similar to one-piece Logia types so T'Challa has to figure out how to hurt someone that candrop jos corporeal form
    I have been reading the free chapter releases that Viz does for Shonen since the end of Whole Cake Island and have been loving it.

I have been reading the free chapter releases that Viz does for Shonen since the end of Whole Cake Island and have been loving it.
    the power scaling used to be really balanced. Now it's a bit all over the place but I think a rogue of that nature for T'Challa to fight would work really well