Page 348 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448848 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 15079
    Incredible Member

Wakanda Forever as a title is a piss-take. They really want to make Wakanda the USP of this franchise. As for respecting Chadwick's legacy, I cant think of what it could be that won't be a disaster and leave me bitter. Only 2 things I could stomach, 1 recast! 2, set it during the 5 year blip. Anything else they can gtfo!

Ultimate Member

Idk if Wakanda itself has enough to carry it forward. BP also does plenty of team-ups too. But maybe his replacement will take over that role in the MCU

Well if reddit is any indication...

this movie is gonna sell just fine so, y'all #teamwakanda fans will be happy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Even the new title feels like it's mourning.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The only thing Reddit is ever a good indicator of is how many various types of nutjobs are out there.

Reddit is where you go when they kick you off the official forums because you can't ( or won't) dial it back a notch or two or you got into a fight with the mods on said official forums and lost.

Them's the lunatic fringe ( which is saying something).

Astonishing Member

Social media, no matter the site, is hardly a good gauge of public opinion.

And Reddit is rabidly pro-anything MCU as long as Feige approves it. Which is why I maintain a recast announcement would not have gone over nearly as bad as some people make it seem, as the core fanbase seemingly goes with whatever trusted creatives/suits tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The only thing Reddit is ever a good indicator of is how many various types of nutjobs are out there.

Reddit is where you go when they kick you off the official forums because you can't ( or won't) dial it back a notch or two or you got into a fight with the mods on said official forums and lost.

Them's the lunatic fringe ( which is saying something).
    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Social media, no matter the site, is hardly a good gauge of public opinion.

And Reddit is rabidly pro-anything MCU as long as Feige approves it. Which is why I maintain a recast announcement would not have gone over nearly as bad as some people make it seem, as the core fanbase seemingly goes with whatever trusted creatives/suits tell them.
    The engagement for the title is... quite high

like the exact opposite of "The Marvels," which is weird bc usually the hate fest gets going when she is mentioned lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

like the exact opposite of "The Marvels," which is weird bc usually the hate fest gets going when she is mentioned lol
    Wait so Reddit doesn't like Wakanda Forever but they do like The Marvels?

I saw it on Reddit of how they want T'Challa to die by having cancer which will be in line with how Boseman died in real life.

Bro WTF? Why do black people have to be the sacrificial lamb to show that these superheroes can still succumb to death?

Last edited by Dboi654; 05-03-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Because Black Panther has a higher profile than Captain Marvel lol especially given the circumstances and uncertainty surrounding the sequel. There's no denying that interest is high for whatever direction Marvel would've gone in.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I'm here for this movie. I'm here to see how they respect Chad's legacy. And I think we are reading way too much into the title card.
    The font is so big though. How can you not LOL and it's pretty clear what they're trying to do. If Bozeman was alive the movie would not be called wakanda Forever. That's a lazy decision

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The next Namor sequel should be called Namor: Imperius Rex
    Namor
    LOST CITY OF ATLANTIS

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I saw it on Reddit of how they want T'Challa to die by having cancer which will be in line with how Boseman died in real life.

Bro WTF?

Why is it whenever people want a hard life lesson to be taught, Black characters always have to be the sacrificial lamb. I’m fucking tired.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

I don't see them killing him off by cancer. But idk how they'd do it either

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I mean no disrespect Digi, but how else are you to take the title it's liter in small letters Black Panther then in giant ass text WAKANDA FOREVER. Like MoS said it's very on the nose and really just makes me hate that chant now. In a way just due to how they have put all the focus on Chad and seem to ignore WHY he worked as hard as he did to bring T'Challa to the big screen and WHAT he had to say about the importance of T'CHALLA.

I mean something happened to hemsworth after the first Thor movie and the sequel was title

Thor
    World of Asgard

Would that make you think that it was going to focus much on thor? The are sad enough not to recast, but have no issues continuing on the sequel without the title Character, they will make a D+ series AND continue to use the title Black Panther. It's just like in the comics. Using his name to prop up other side characters. History usually shows this doesn't work out too well
    I honestly have no idea how this will work out. Marvel is in a place where they can do whatever and say whatever and people will swallow it. Right now people are on Twitter talking about how they're ready to cry in the theater for the funeral as if they're super excited to do it and take their kids to do it with them. Basically promoting using Black Death. Might not be Marvel's true intention but it's the reality of the situation based on how they have chosen to keep moving forward with profit while tossing aside the lead character of the story