Page 351 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The Marvels- heavily implies more than one "Captain Marvel"
    Not really. The S in The Marvels is taken from the Ms. Marvel logo - the title seems to refer to Kamala and Carol. Monica is in the film though. Maybe Captain Marvel will be a shared codename because Monica was originally introduced as Captain Marvel in the 1980s Avengers comics - but they could just as easily call her Spectrum like in current comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was watching the solo film again today. I absolutely love TChalla in this movie. I think he's great as an adaptation and a central character. Yes they gave some of his genius to his sister, but at the same time I dont think he was an idiot. Its just not an aspect the film focuses on. His characteristics thought are strong and I thought his conflict was very palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Comics says no lol.

Typical stuff where people think cool SUPPORT characters who show up for 5 mins magically need their own spin off.

It'll basically be Coogler-Verse Original Series.

They are going to test the MCU brand HARD with Wakanda stuff. We will see how it goes. Well, y'all will see lol. i'll be like 8 months behind.
    That's what I'm talking about. A fun but otherwise one dimensional Character has a few fun lines, and a fight sequence and everyone want a full movie dedicated to them. Some times support Characters are just that, support. We have already seen what happens when they shift focus from the character who's name is on the title. Do we need another blade trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I saw it on Reddit of how they want T'Challa to die by having cancer which will be in line with how Boseman died in real life.

Bro WTF? Why do black people have to be the sacrificial lamb to show that these superheroes can still succumb to death?

Sometimes I wonder if they would sing the same tune if it was Peter Parker instead of T'Challa who was in dire positon due to real life circumstances.

Incredible Member

Imo the only way BP2 is semi close box office wise to the origina if Shuri takes on the mantle or a semi killmonger redeption story.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if they would sing the same tune if it was Peter Parker instead of T'Challa who was in dire positon due to real life circumstances.
    Miles would be the next Spiderman and only a few would be upset

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Idk man. Marvel being wierd with titles isn't new. I thought far from home was a very strange subtitle. As well as Multiverse of Madness. I could see this working as a normal title.

The font is a bit different. I think Marvel just doesn't want to falsely advertise. I think its safe to assume that TChalla is not going to be a major presence in this film, or if he is they have some shenanigans planned and don't want us to know yet, multiverse etc wise.
    Far from home because he was out of the US. Multiverse of madness speaks for itself. Wakanda forever is VERY on the nose

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. A fun but otherwise one dimensional Character has a few fun lines, and a fight sequence and everyone want a full movie dedicated to them. Some times support Characters are just that, support. We have already seen what happens when they shift focus from the character who's name is on the title. Do we need another blade trinity.
    You better careful what you give voice and energy to fam. Next thing you know we're going to get a Wonderful World of Wong, Sorcerer's Apprentice movie instead of a 3rd Stephen Strange film. We all know Marvel can do some funny math.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Far from home because he was out of the US. Multiverse of madness speaks for itself. Wakanda forever is VERY on the nose

Regarding what though? Its something largely introduced in the movie anyway, I dont remember hearing it in anything I encountered Regarding bp before that. So its not like it doesn't fit with the motif.

Ultimate Member

I was watching the solo film again today. I absolutely love TChalla in this movie. I think he's great as an adaptation and a central character. Yes they gave some of his genius to his sister, but at the same time I dont think he was an idiot. Its just not an aspect the film focuses on. His characteristics thought are strong and I thought his conflict was very palpable.
    He's really the only one who "learns his lesson" in both BP and CA:CW. That helps him stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Miles would be the next Spiderman and only a few would be upset
    I wouldn't mind Miles becoming the next Spider-Man. A lot of people would whine about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    He's really the only one who "learns his lesson" in both BP and CA:CW. That helps him stand out.

I wouldn't mind Miles becoming the next Spider-Man. A lot of people would whine about it though.
    You're being way kind, and generous. Folks...and I use that term loosely, would lose their minds over what they see as a black character representing how Hollywood is trying to erase all white men from history.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    You're being way kind, and generous. Folks...and I use that term loosely, would lose their minds over what they see as a black character representing how Hollywood is trying to erase all white men from history.
    Of course, a bunch of people would freak out. Every new female, PoC or other minority lead is somehow "White male genocide," despite that being the least oppressed group. It's pathetic. But it seems that didn't stop the success of BP, CM, ItSV or FaWS, so I don't think it'll stop future projects. And just in the MCU we're getting more diverse replacements for older heroes. Let's hope Miles is one of those eventually, and these reactionary types keep losing

If they handle this storyline carefully, (not killing the character) the return of T’Challa in a later film could be legendary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    If they handle this storyline carefully, (not killing the character) the return of T’Challa in a later film could be legendary.
    Even if they kill off T’Challa they could easily bring in a new version via the multiverse or resurrect him through Bast and KOTD. So killing Boseman’s iteration of the character off doesn’t signify a permanent end to the story of T’Challa post-BP2.

Which is why I hope that by BP3 we get a recasted T’Challa and if not by then, we get a new trilogy that focuses on him, likely headed up by different creators and supporting characters. The Return of T’Challa would be an insane marketing gimmick after 8-10 years of him off the big screen. It’s far from ideal as a fan, but it’s better than the alternative of Disney committing to never using him again. We’ll see what Disney does I guess.

Regarding what though? Its something largely introduced in the movie anyway, I dont remember hearing it in anything I encountered Regarding bp before that. So its not like it doesn't fit with the motif.
    Our King is dead but Wakanda is forever. That's literally what they are saying with that title. T'Challa is gone but come see the movie any Because Wakanda forever, y'all were doing the Wakanda forever salute so this should still be the same thing.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-03-2021 at 03:05 PM.